Proposal: Trouba all encompassing trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
Pretty sure that Cheveldayoff can get better then Brodin, Like maybe Krug from Boston or Maatta from Pittsburgh. Trouba is clearly better then Brodin.

I don't think Boston or Pittsburgh would trade either of those players for Trouba as they would be getting a player of equal to lesser value on a more expensive contract (if Trouba is truly demanding 6M plus). If Pittsburgh really liked Trouba they maybe would consider flipping Maata as they have a couple solid and young LHD in Dumoulin and Pouliot, but I don't think Boston has many in reserve after Krug.

I would add a little bit on the Wild's side to make this happen with either Brodin or Scandella.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Fans of other teams need to understand a few things:

1) Chevy will not panic. This is one of the slowest moving gms in the league. At the very least I'd expect him to wait until the season starts because other teams will be looking to fill holes at that point.

2) stats have pointed out time and time again that he's a top pairing guy. Yost agrees, Garrett agrees, Micah agrees, on and on. He was able to drag mark Stuart into positive possession territory. Even prime Chara couldn't do that.

3) the problem isn't just who is beside him but also who is behind. Pavelec is terrible.

4) we have *lots* of assets. Tons of forwards and could certainly afford to move any goalie not named Hellebuyck. This potential trade is very likely going to be bigger than just a swap.

I'll add to this post.

5) We have cap space to spare which is valuable.

6) IMO will wait as above stated, but will also wait to see how Josh M performs. If he grabs a top 4 out of the gates and does well, it might give Chevy other options

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
I made an offer from the Canucks, expecting both Jets and Canucks fans to dislike it -- but the reaction was worse than expected.

To VAN: D Jacob Trouba
To WPG: RW Jake Virtanen, C Brendan Gaunce, D Nikita Tryamkin

Objectively, the Canucks get a top-pairing defenseman, the Jets get a winger with top-six potential, a center with third-line potential and a defenseman with top-four potential.

From Canucks fans, I have gotten a ton of negative feedback: "Completely moronic valuation of Trouba" or "you greatly over-value Trouba. Right now we have 4 defensemen better than him with the possibility of Tryamkin also being a better player than him." Seriously?

At this point, Virtanen hasn't proven that he can become a top-six scorer. Even if he can, would he have more value than Trouba?
Gaunce looks like he could be a solid defensive player in the NHL, but he probably won't make it past a third-line role -- ever.
Tryamkin, at this point, has done absolutely 100% nothing to prove he can even be a full-time NHL player. Better than Trouba? Come on.

Right now is probably the worst possible time to trade those guys, as the Canucks would like to find out what they can do. But they could also get the top-pairing D-man and PP quarterback they've been wanting for so long.

While I did expect Canucks fans to say "hell no", I would actually say the Canucks might not have enough value in this deal.

What do you think -- objectively?

As a fan of neither team I think the value favors Vancouver. It also completely ignores Winnipeg's needs which they've stated very clearly.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I made an offer from the Canucks, expecting both Jets and Canucks fans to dislike it -- but the reaction was worse than expected.

To VAN: D Jacob Trouba
To WPG: RW Jake Virtanen, C Brendan Gaunce, D Nikita Tryamkin

Objectively, the Canucks get a top-pairing defenseman, the Jets get a winger with top-six potential, a center with third-line potential and a defenseman with top-four potential.

From Canucks fans, I have gotten a ton of negative feedback: "Completely moronic valuation of Trouba" or "you greatly over-value Trouba. Right now we have 4 defensemen better than him with the possibility of Tryamkin also being a better player than him." Seriously?

At this point, Virtanen hasn't proven that he can become a top-six scorer. Even if he can, would he have more value than Trouba?
Gaunce looks like he could be a solid defensive player in the NHL, but he probably won't make it past a third-line role -- ever.
Tryamkin, at this point, has done absolutely 100% nothing to prove he can even be a full-time NHL player. Better than Trouba? Come on.

Right now is probably the worst possible time to trade those guys, as the Canucks would like to find out what they can do. But they could also get the top-pairing D-man and PP quarterback they've been wanting for so long.

While I did expect Canucks fans to say "hell no", I would actually say the Canucks might not have enough value in this deal.

What do you think -- objectively?

Not even close, wouldn't even get Chevy to call back.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
You are going to get a ton of negative feedback on that proposal from Jets fans as well. Best player on the Canucks side is a winger, and all of them have 'Potential' attached to them.

Not only that but we are already feeding the waiver wire this year and might look to move forwards before the 23 man roster kicks in.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Completely disagree with your value assesment there but whatever.

Hope you guys get the haul you want. I have a feeling this will stretch out and could get ugly.

Those are accurate values - to the Jets. They might be worth more to others but that's another story.

This is already ugly - will probably get worse before it gets better.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Those are accurate values - to the Jets. They might be worth more to others but that's another story.

This is already ugly - will probably get worse before it gets better.

Agreed, I'm expecting this to gone of for a while.

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
From the isles the would offer hamonic for trouba + 2nd + 3rd.
Hamonic is a good trouba replacement except he is older, cheaper and more established. I dont think he will be bothered with playing his off side and has recently requested a trade to winnipeg himself. Perfect fit as far as i see. Jets add picks to make up the projected cap hit differential.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I'm a huge Virtanen fan and believe he can become a top-six scorer once he gets more than 10 minutes per night. That's the only reason why I even made this suggestion. If I believed Virtanen will become a bust, I wouldn't offer him for Trouba.

As to Tryamkin, Canucks fans went nuts about his size and Chara comparisons. But in his first 13 games, he had some really rough shifts and looked very shaky. Mobile? Yes. Good reach? Yes. Physicality? Yes. But he most definitely didn't look like a sure-fire top-four player.

Meanwhile, Trouba is a top-pairing player. There's no doubt about it.

in 13 games after moving to vancouver from russia and playing a full khl season + playoffs at the agebof 21 he looks like he wont be a sure fire top4?

what the ****. he looks like a treasure in prospects camp and his potential has grown every time hes on the ice ready to be a game breaker

with the professional coaching he has access to now. hes past "potential"

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
cheaper by the dozen
all these players are age 24 or younger except Pirri, 25

NYR send Skjei(28th overall)), McIlrath(10th), Pirri(59th), Niklas Jensen(29th), Adam Tambellini(65th), rights to Brad Morrison(113th)

Jets send Trouba (9th), Lowry(67th), rights to Jack Glover(69th), Tucker Poolman(127th), Luke Green(79th) and Telegin(101st)

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
The Jets won't trade him then.

yes thats true

but to be fair, teams dont very often make players sit out for weeks or months let alone an entire year after they have made a trade request public

it has happened but its very rare, the players usually get what they want(as unfortunate as that is)

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I'm not a fancy stats follower, but this guy makes a pretty compelling case that Trouba is likely a first pair D, and more importantly, has been carrying the dead weight that is Mark Stuart for too long, as many Jets fans have been claiming.

Keep in mind, he's 22 years old. He should bring back a very good return.

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/trouba-has-the-makings-of-a-first-pairing-talent-1.573828

He's a low end #2 guy imo with #1 potential if given the chance and only 22 yrs old

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
brodin has been a 1st pairing guy on a playoff team for most his career, went to second pairing last year becuase suter cryed about having a rhd partner. trouba has been a 3rd pairing guy on a non playoff team. its funny how people on these boards determine value, would rather have brodin on detroit than trouba anytime and twice on sundays.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
This is pretty good. Gardiner is < Trouba but a good LD who can play now. Dermott is promising. I would take the 2nd and look to draft a RHD.

2 things, the bolded is incorrect...Trouba "may become" better, but he's not right now. AND, there is zero chance the Leafs trade Gardiner+Dermott+Kap/Brown+2nd for Trouba....that's nuts.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't think I buy the 'Trouba requested a trade, so he is worth less' narrative. That might be true in a vacuum, but the reality of the matter is that there are presumably 29 teams that are kicking the tires on Trouba. It's not like everyone submits their lowball trade offer and the Jets have to pick the best of the worst.

Sure the starting points have probably lowered, but really what will be happening is

Team A: We offer you Player 1 and a 2nd round pick

Jets: Well, Team B offered us X and Y, and we like that package more

Team A: Well, maybe we can work with Player 2 and a 1st

Jets: We'll see.

To presume that there is some collusion between 30 GMs that artificially depresses the value of players who demand a trade is... giving a lot of a credit to a group of people who once included Mike Milbury

:laugh::laugh:

member 88115

NO Not one on one, that's why i say something around one of their LHD, up to you to tell me what's the Jets have to add for Muzzin ou LA add with Martinez !!

Muzzin is not available. Sure Martinez is available, but we need a better D-mam back. Jets and LA dont make good trading partners because we have the same needs.

I would offer Toffoli for Trouba +, but you dont want any forwards in return.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Gardiner and Nylander for Trouba, Connor, and Morrissey. Probably a bit of an overpay from WPG's side.

Probably? a bit?

It was an easy no before you threw Morrissey in there. Winnipeg would be better off watching Trouba go to the KHL.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I don't think I buy the 'Trouba requested a trade, so he is worth less' narrative. That might be true in a vacuum, but the reality of the matter is that there are presumably 29 teams that are kicking the tires on Trouba. It's not like everyone submits their lowball trade offer and the Jets have to pick the best of the worst.

Sure the starting points have probably lowered, but really what will be happening is

Team A: We offer you Player 1 and a 2nd round pick

Jets: Well, Team B offered us X and Y, and we like that package more

Team A: Well, maybe we can work with Player 2 and a 1st

Jets: We'll see.

To presume that there is some collusion between 30 GMs that artificially depresses the value of players who demand a trade is... giving a lot of a credit to a group of people who once included Mike Milbury

To be fair, you have to remember that around here the answer to any RFA drawn out signing is OFFERSHEET THEM, OFFERSHEET THEM ALL!

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Since the jets are in a week position then how about gubranson for trouba and a 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad