Proposal: Trouba all encompassing trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Provorov and Streit for Trouba is fair (third party observer). Provorov has higher upside, but Trouba is ready now and right shot d are rare.

Sanheim, Streit and a 1st for Trouba is also fair.

I could see a pretty massive deal go down between these teams if Hextall has the nards to try. Philly needs left wingers and right D in their system in the worst way. Philly has buckets of left shooting, left side D.

Imagine Kyle Connor and Jacob Trouba in the Philly system.

Provorov, Streit, Konecny + for Connor and Trouba

Agree with the bolded.

A blockbuster between these 2 could be very interesting. Lots of potential to rebalance prospect pools of both.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Want to know who's in a weak position?

The Canucks.

O yeah the benning facotor. Forgot about that lol

Trouba for Tanev and Boeser

More Benningish

But if we had a real GM Gubranson for Trouba and a 5th would be a good deal

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This is why you take these rumors seriously, especially when they're persistent and coming from different sources. Winnipeg fans spent the year saying every Trouba rumor was absolutely horsecrap, all traced back to one single article that was completely fabricated. Much like Edmonton fans saying Hall would never get traded and Eberle would fetch them a top-4 defenseman, sometimes you have to remove your hands from your eyes and read the writing on the wall.

And they were right. This is different. There were rumours about Trouba being unhappy with his usage and they were NOT being called 'horsecrap' by Jets fans.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Winnipeg is going to be very, very good...very, very soon. They should just Drouin-him. If they don't get an amazing offer in return, let him pout until he's ready to play again. No need to let this kid dictate how things are going to be.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
They have an unsigned player whose value is probably going to start to decrease the longer he sits out.

I think it will go up. if he is not traded and the season presses on with him on the sidelines it makes a bigger case for him to be paid what he wants if we or another franchise runs into some devastating injuries on defence.

Last edited:

FlyLife

Nuthin but a G Thang
May 23, 2008
Livin the High Life
I like how you phrase it like you're doing us a favor with that offer :laugh:

Not really how I meant it, but sure.

Entry level contracts do have a lot of value, and the players I offered on the entry level contracts are high-end D prospects, exactly what your GM is looking for, that's all I'm saying.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Really think there is something to be done around Trouba and Gardiner+.

I don't think so TBH. While the Leafs should be interested in acquiring Trouba, given his perceived $ demands I think they will stay away. I don't think it is in Lou Lam's style to acquire Trouba and give him more money than Rielly before he even plays a game for the Leafs while Rielly has been our guy for a while now.

Now, if the Trouba estimates of ~6m is false (or just used b/c he wanted a premium to stay in Winnipeg) and he's willing to sign for less in Toronto... Then I think the Leafs will pursue a bit harder.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Yet, he asked for a trade back in May and nothing got done.

I believe the Jets have been pushing hard to get him signed through that time. They have always stated that he's been a part of their long term plans. Him going public with this now changes things.

The return on him will be less than what the Jets fans are claiming...as is always the case in situations like this.

Funny. Heard that a lot during the Kane situation as well. Funny how we were very happy with the return when everyone else told us the exact opposite would happen.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
I know why you think like this because you have been used to oiler management incompetence for a long time .

Can't argue the point, so you slander the team. :handclap: Way to lose in style.

but this is how competent gm's handle it. you want a trade Jacob. good. we are not trading you,see you on dec 1st when you out almost a million and 4 years of rfa years are is still owing to us, i will have contract ready for you to sign then.

They handle it by driving down the value of an already compromised asset? I know you folks love yourselves some "Chevy" but at some point you have to criticize the GM. That he engineered the trade blocking Trouba's progression in the lineup should alone give you pause as to whether or not he's capable of handling this, never mind the six-month debacle the Trouba situation has become.

Oh, and that's all without being any closer to the playoffs than the Oilers. Tell me again what makes Cheveldayoff a great GM, or at least a better one than Chiarelli?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I don't think so TBH. While the Leafs should be interested in acquiring Trouba, given his perceived $ demands I think they will stay away. I don't think it is in Lou Lam's style to acquire Trouba and give him more money than Rielly before he even plays a game for the Leafs while Rielly has been our guy for a while now.

Now, if the Trouba estimates of ~6m is false (or just used b/c he wanted a premium to stay in Winnipeg) and he's willing to sign for less in Toronto... Then I think the Leafs will pursue a bit harder.

I agree. Lou seems like a guy that would not put up with this type of crap.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
I believe the Jets have been pushing hard to get him signed through that time. They have always stated that he's been a part of their long term plans.

That was a probably a mistake, don't you think? I mean, unless you welcome camp hold-outs...

Funny. Heard that a lot during the Kane situation as well. Funny how we were very happy with the return when everyone else told us the exact opposite would happen.

Are you still happy now that Myers is a prime reason why Trouba is being forced to play his off-side and thus wants out? Brilliant work there by Chevy.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Because what Cheveldayoff is looking for is quite unrealistic. There just aren't teams looking to trade a young LHD for a righty at the moment (see: Buffalo and Anaheim). Chevy's going to have to take a more seasoned veteran top-4 LHD (and a capable player, which Jack Johnson is) with picks/prospects to make it work.

You could point out that Ryan Murray would get the job done, but it would take a significant add for the Blue Jackets to consider. Murray, at the moment, is their best defender. Much like what viqsi pointed out, moving Murray for Trouba would put us in the same position as the Jets. So it would take a hefty haul for a Murray for Trouba+ swap.

Contrary to popular belief, Jack Johnson is a very solid top-4 defender when not thrust onto the top pairing with an incapable partner. That's why Jack Johnson + one of our prospects not named Dubois/Bjorkstrand/Werenski is a good alternative for WPG to consider.

Sorry, Jack Johnson is crap. You can believe otherwise all you want but nobody is going to accept your evaluation in trade. Murray might get you Trouba 1 for 1. Don't like his injury history but maybe that is behind him. I would rather you just keep JJ and we will work something around Werenski. :)

North

Jun 25, 2009
That was a probably a mistake, don't you think? I mean, unless you welcome camp hold-outs...

Are you still happy now that Myers is a prime reason why Trouba is being forced to play his off-side and thus wants out? Brilliant work there by Chevy.

Myers replaced Bogosian. This could still have been an issue if Bogosian was not traded. Myers is not the reason.

Chevy made a fantastic trade and I wouldn't undo that for anything, even a butt hurt Trouba.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
And they were right. This is different. There were rumours about Trouba being unhappy with his usage and they were NOT being called 'horsecrap' by Jets fans.

This is correct. There was very little concrete info. One thing that Lawless put out a while back is that usage was an issue.

Other than that there was nothing even remotely concrete before this that he wanted out. Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad