Proposal: Trouba all encompassing trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Prepare to be disappointed with the return.
'
Post a bad proposal -> someone doesn't like it -> the whole fanbase becomes delusional. Classic.

Two questions for Jets' fans ...

1. What's the likelihood of trading Myers to free up a top-four spot on Trouba's preferred side?
  2. Would you personally prefer trading Myers?

Haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if these questions have already been asked.

1. Very little. Myers hasn't still played a game after his surgeries, so he doesn't get traded this soon.

2. If Chevy does that... oh boy. That would be one of the weakest possible acts by him in this situation. I would immediately be all for firing Chevy, should he clear the path for a disinterested 22-year-old, who just asked for a trade.

The amount of frustration would be through the roof.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
...and why would they say no to the defending Cup champs who have a couple of the best players in the world up front and an obviously elite core overall?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
...and why would they say no to the defending Cup champs who have a couple of the best players in the world up front and an obviously elite core overall?

To keep up the rep.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
What right does Trouba and Overhardt even have to say no to a trade?

Asking for a contract which the team doesn't want to pay. They can talk to teams right now, and if they don't like a team... they can ask for god knows how much, scaring the GM away.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Trouba isn't asking for a trade because of money

Hopefully he looks at Toronto's defensive core and recognizes that he can have top line mins.

Seems like a fit for Toronto.

It's true, big question though are the Leafs interested enough to pay the price for a #2 rhd who is only 22.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Risky?

Have you watched Trouba play?

He's not exactly a river-boat gambler.

That would be a very solid Top 3 for the Leafs.

That's not the kind of risk I was thinking of. None of them have established themselves as shutdown capable yet. I think Trouba can probably get there, but not sure.

Those are all good D but a solid defensive type like Lindholm or Murray would go further. (I'm not saying those are available, just that it would be a safer way to construct a D core).

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Jets want a LHD in return that is not a prospect (or something like that it was said).....

Why not start around something like this:
to TOR Trouba

to WPG Gardiner (LHD), and add in a prospect like Kapanen, or Conor Brown, of Josh Leivo (Leafs feel is NHL ready now).

Leafs offers imo have been the best ones, around Gardiner+. Might happen

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Hamonic making $3.8 million per Trouba seeking $6 million per. Plus Hamonic another RHD playing the left side in Winnipeg because Buff and Myers will be ahead of him. So why would Cheveldayoff trade on RHD for another RHD. No way will Snow trade a cheap D-man for a more expensive D-man.
Hamonic wanted to be closer to his family and he is from Manitoba. Also he is a free agent in 4 years. Trouba also has more offensive potential. NYI needs to commit themselves to get better and this would be a good situation for them. Cheveldayoff needs quality and leadership for his young team. Hamonic is a leader and he is a force on a reasonable contract unlike Trouba salary demand. Not to mention both recently asked for a trade.

You might disagree but I think this is solid base for a deal.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Hamonic wanted to be closer to his family and he is from Manitoba. Also he is a free agent in 4 years. Trouba also has more offensive potential. NYI needs to commit themselves to get better and this would be a good situation for them. Cheveldayoff needs quality and leadership for his young team. Hamonic is a leader and he is a force on a reasonable contract unlike Trouba salary demand. Not to mention both recently asked for a trade.

You might disagree but I think this is solid base for a deal.

No way Trouba gets you Hamonic now. He withdrew his trade request. He's on one of the best contracts in the league and he's a RHD like Trouba.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Who is the current best LHD proposed by a non-Jets fan as part (or whole) of the return for Trouba?

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
'
Post a bad proposal -> someone doesn't like it -> the whole fanbase becomes delusional. Classic.

1. Very little. Myers hasn't still played a game after his surgeries, so he doesn't get traded this soon.

2. If Chevy does that... oh boy. That would be one of the weakest possible acts by him in this situation. I would immediately be all for firing Chevy, should he clear the path for a disinterested 22-year-old, who just asked for a trade.

The amount of frustration would be through the roof.

Not at all. I've been making proposals on this site for over 14 years. It used to be if the other team didn't like it the fans would say pass or no thank you which is rare these days. That or you would get counter proposal and you would haggle. That still goes on but not nearly as frequently. You're usually either insulted or get the old "ainec" with out any reason why intellectual laziness in my opinion, combined with the smart phone. I've asked for counter proposals but apparently
Severson is a dime a dozen defenseman. I've stated my reasons why he would be a good fit; both right handed shots, same size, both two way defenseman, age and more than anything Severson is from Winnipeg. You got a player who doesn't want to play for your organization and I'm offering a hometown guy with and extra year before ufa status and a guy who would probably sign long term in a heartbeat. Does that mean you have to take him? No of course not but at least I have given reasons and have said I would play around with the deal. Yet all I get is ainec or keep dreaming. This site used to be so much more fun and less aggressive. It just disappoints me

Last edited:

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Who is the current best LHD proposed by a non-Jets fan as part (or whole) of the return for Trouba?

OK let me say I've read many of the posts on the 41 pages, but not all. :laugh:

The one I keep seeing being offered by Leaf fans is Gardiner, prospect and 2nd. I would call that the best one, fills needs, value, etc.

Just my $0.02

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Tyler Bozak and Jake Gardiner.

You get the high quality LHD, as well as a good quality top 9 center in return.

Though, maybe Bozak isn't really needed, at that point I would then offer a 2nd round pick and a winger prospect like Nikita Korostolov

Though, Jets fans seem to think Gardiner is some bum, so, whatever

North

Jun 25, 2009
OK let me say I've read many of the posts on the 41 pages, but not all. :laugh:

The one I keep seeing being offered by Leaf fans is Gardiner, prospect and 2nd. I would call that the best one, fills needs, value, etc.

Just my $0.02

Yeah, so far that seems to be the best one.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Tyler Bozak and Jake Gardiner.

You get the high quality LHD, as well as a good quality top 9 center in return.

Though, maybe Bozak isn't really needed, at that point I would then offer a 2nd round pick and a winger prospect like Nikita Korostolov

Though, Jets fans seem to think Gardiner is some bum, so, whatever

i dont think the jets need bozak, im pretty sure they are set in terms of centers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->