Trocheck screaming at Sutherland after blatant missed call

Status
Not open for further replies.

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)

I'm more focused on Trocheck screaming in Sutherland's face here. Have we ever seen a player do that? I think Trocheck was right with being mad, but he's going to be hearing from the league about that.

Missed calls obviously happen and this one seemed pretty egregious, but Trocheck screaming in a refs face like a baseball manager about to be thrown out is definitely a new one.

I'm ticked, they also missed 2 crosschecks on them this play along with a missed crosscheck by Romanov...:sarcasm:

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Did y'all know Happy Gilmore 2 is "in the works"?

I very much hope Adam Sandler saw this performance.

(And it was a penalty. I remember Alex Ovechkin boarding John Tavares in a very similar position late in a playoff game with no call and a similar result. It should absolutely be called.)

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
I was amazed that Sutherland didn't call a boarding penalty, but MacDougall could have called it as well. Both of these refs generally officiate their games very well, but they badly blew it on this occasion. Trocheck had every right to complain; it was a dangerous hit.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Page 1 is already making me regret starting this thread :laugh:

The point wasn't to complain about officiating, nor was it to bury Trocheck for screaming at Sutherland for an obvious missed call. I just thought it was something different that I didn't recall seeing to this level in the NHL. It was like a MLB manager screaming at an ump after getting ejected, it's just not something you see happen in the NHL often.

Don't read anything more into it than that, there is no other intention here beyond saying "oh wow that was different".
Well….the game was over - he didn’t have much to lose. Considering adrenaline and the fact that it was a pretty bad hit, I’m not particularly surprised that he lost it…or was at least pretty wound up.

As an Islander fan, I would expect my players to be similarly angry. I get swallowing the whistle to an extent (not sure I agree, but I get it), that was a different animal. Maybe not a major, but a bad, dangerous hit. Needs to be called. Especially when looking right at it.

Reactions: Neil Racki

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Wonder if the league just lets this one go. The ref is so objectively in the wrong, they probably don’t want to shine a spotlight on the replay with a a fine.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Wonder if the league just lets this one go. The ref is so objectively in the wrong, they probably don’t want to shine a spotlight on the replay with a a fine.
They’ll just do what they always do, ignore it and let him get away with something next game to make up for it.

Nyr88nyg

Oct 31, 2016
As he well f***ing should.

The referees allegedly call penalties to keep players safe. When you're hit in the numbers and go face-first into the boards, that's textbook boarding.

I doubt it changes the outcome of the game with 15 seconds left or so, but you can't let a player get hit that dangerously and do nothing.

...you do?

Honestly, we don't even think about you.

I forget they exist quite often tbh. Very lowly org

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Really bad hit, absolutely should have been called. Tro was justified in his outrage. That said, 0 sympathy from me. This shit happens nightly to the Canes and even moreso when we play teams like the Rags.

Reactions: Tryamw

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Only reason why Sutherland took that abuse is he knows he f***ed up so he let Trocheck get it all out of his system.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I just want to say that coke head Alex Monaco in the original posted video is ear cancer and his damn gambling shows and any time he appears on MSG and Devils broadcasts makes me want to run for office at some level in the US so I can outlaw sports gambling completely and end his career.

Absolutely horribly annoying human being.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

I'm more focused on Trocheck screaming in Sutherland's face here. Have we ever seen a player do that? I think Trocheck was right with being mad, but he's going to be hearing from the league about that.

Missed calls obviously happen and this one seemed pretty egregious, but Trocheck screaming in a refs face like a baseball manager about to be thrown out is definitely a new one.

He got away with it because it was at the end of the game, if it wasn’t he would be in real danger of getting an unsportsmanlike call.

If he had made physical contact with ref, or didn’t keep this outburst brief, he might have still gotten a penalty.

IMG_6160.jpegIMG_6161.jpeg

Reactions: Neil Racki

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
I don't blame him. Refs are almost never held accountable for doing a shit job and it's genuinely ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00