Trocheck screaming at Sutherland after blatant missed call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Well, we're both right. The thing is, I couldn't really care less about what happened before I watched hockey. Why should I? I'm old enough to clearly remember Rangers winning a cup (and stomping on the Islanders on their way). But im not old enough to remember Islanders winning anything. And I'm probably one of the relatively older posters here. So keep clinging to your 'memories' of the early 1980s and ill enjoy fighting for the presidents trophy and top seed in the East.
Speak for yourself. A lot of the dynasty Isles played through the 90’s. They’re not that old a franchise. I was 15 when they won their last Cup. All I remember about the Rangers is that they pseudo ended their cup drought when they purchased the core of the Edmonton Oilers and bought a cup. It’s time for them to assemble a home grown team and prove themselves worthy. Now, I used to see players like Mark Messier, Gretzky, Lowe as the enemy now I look at them with respect and admiration for all they accomplished and I appreciate the fact that they always say that it was the NY Islanders who taught them how to win. It’s mutual respect. These guys won the Cups in Edmonton and NY a spectacular achievement but pardon me if I always see the ‘94 Cup winners as the Edmonton Rangers. I still see that team in drought condition and I can’t help myself.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Looks pretty clean , maybe next time he should turn his body to accept the hit he knows is coming instead of shagging fly balls at practice.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
This is what is going to happen every game in a 4 game Islander sweep of NYR. Roy finally has a perfectly built team to go to war with and there's nothing the fraudulent Rangers can do about it! 4-game suspension coming for Trocheck for disrespecting the code? Time will tell!

• Haha
Reactions: kroufum

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
When the man in charge of the department of player safety was a literal goon, there is no reason to believe there going to be any accountability down the chain.
When the people who own the teams deliberately put literal goons as the men in charge of the department of player safety, there is no reason to believe there going to be any accountability down the chain.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
This is what is going to happen every game in a 4 game Islander sweep of NYR. Roy finally has a perfectly built team to go to war with and there's nothing the fraudulent Rangers can do about it! 4-game suspension coming for Trocheck for disrespecting the code? Time will tell!
Perfectly built to go 17-16. Dy-no-mite

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
A penalty is a penalty. Needs to be called no matter the time of game. Either swallow the whistles completely or not at all.

Dirty as f*** by Zibinejad
Zibanejad dirty but your entire broadcasting crew and fanbase think the elbow and board are okay. Hacks. Got pumped for 40 mins and lucky one team didn't decide to play until period two.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Zibanejad dirty but your entire broadcasting crew and fanbase think the elbow and board are okay. Hacks. Got pumped for 40 mins and lucky one team didn't decide to play until period two.
What elbow? And who’s saying the boarding was ok? The broadcast and all fans know Dobson should have been called for boarding.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Speak for yourself. A lot of the dynasty Isles played through the 90’s. They’re not that old a franchise. I was 15 when they won their last Cup. All I remember about the Rangers is that they pseudo ended their cup drought when they purchased the core of the Edmonton Oilers and bought a cup. It’s time for them to assemble a home grown team and prove themselves worthy. Now, I used to see players like Mark Messier, Gretzky, Lowe as the enemy now I look at them with respect and admiration for all they accomplished and I appreciate the fact that they always say that it was the NY Islanders who taught them how to win. It’s mutual respect. These guys won the Cups in Edmonton and NY a spectacular achievement but pardon me if I always see the ‘94 Cup winners as the Edmonton Rangers. I still see that team in drought condition and I can’t help myself.
This doesn't really contradict anything I said. I am one of the older posters here. You are one of the fewer even older posters. Majority of posters here won't remember either teams Cup winning days. And NONE of this, regardless, changes the fact that Islanders are seen as rather irrelevent around the league. You guys should embrace it, like the Hurricanes embraced the 'jerks' tag and Brock Purdy is Mr. Irrelevent.

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
Well, he got his hands up to protect his face. That means no penalty. If the exact same play happens and Trochek is a second late getting the hand up, it's an injury and 5-6 games.

Can behavior be modified by targeting only outcomes? Maybe, but it won't be as effective as punishing intent. You know, the way the entire world works outside of the NHL.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
This doesn't really contradict anything I said. I am one of the older posters here. You are one of the fewer even older posters. Majority of posters here won't remember either teams Cup winning days. And NONE of this, regardless, changes the fact that Islanders are seen as rather irrelevent around the league. You guys should embrace it, like the Hurricanes embraced the 'jerks' tag and Brock Purdy is Mr. Irrelevent.
Most teams, even the greatest franchises such as the Islanders who have ever played the game- Detroit, Montreal, Colorado, NJ, Lightning, Philly etc.... have gone through periods of irrelevancy. It's up to each franchise to prove themselves relevant again. The Rangers strictly speaking as in what have they accomplished especially in the modern era have been largely irrelevant but it's the homer fans that make them appear irrelevant. NYC and it's boroughs just give that franchise more opportunities to have more homers rooting for that team. But the Islander's with their 19 straight playoff series victories and 4 straight Cups make them one of the if not the greatest franchise in the modern era. What you say here doesn't change that FACT. One Cup in 94 won by the Edmonton Oiler's core doesn't impress me much. As of now neither of these teams are relevant until they prove something. They've both been stale for decades though I do remember the Isles making 2 back to back ECF not too long ago so that might be saying something.

Last edited:
Reactions: mm11

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Proof of that outlandish claim? I'll wait. BTW, can Remke play hockey at all?

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Most teams, even the greatest franchises such as the Islanders who have ever played the game- Detroit, Montreal, Colorado, NJ, Lightning, Philly etc.... have gone through periods of irrelevancy. It's up to each franchise to prove themselves relevant again. The Rangers strictly speaking as in what have they accomplished especially in the modern era have been largely irrelevant but it's the homer fans that make them appear irrelevant. NYC and it's boroughs just give that franchise more opportunities to have more homers rooting for that team. But the Islander's with their 19 straight playoff series victories and 4 straight Cups make them one of the if not the greatest franchise in the modern era. What you say here doesn't change that FACT. An Cup in 94 won by the Edmonton Oiler's core doesn't impress me much. As of now neither of these teams are relevant until they prove something. They've both been stale for decades though I do remember the Isles making 2 back to back ECF not too long ago so that might be saying something.
Relevance is tied rather heavily to interest. So i think the best way you could gage a team's relevance is to step outside their home market and gage interest. I'm curious what national broadcast ratings are like for Rangers games vs Islanders games. I live pretty much as far away from New York as a person could and still have an NHL team (Vancouver) and I can anecdotally tell you that there is MUCH more interest when the Rangers come to town than the Islanders. Tiered ticket pricing also reflects that the Rangers are a significantly hotter ticket than Islanders throughout the league.

I think Islanders pretty much need another dynasty (or at the very least a McDavid level superstar) to move the needle on league-wide interest. You can win all you want, but if no one cares, you aren't relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00