Trocheck screaming at Sutherland after blatant missed call

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
To the “penalty is a penalty” takes… you’re not wrong. But when Islanders fans bring up other incidents in the game I don’t think it’s to deflect.

It’s more to highlight that the reffing was terrible all game. Moreover, that it’s not a surprise they blew that call. They were seemingly trying to manage the game all night. Basically making a mess of it.

I’m truly not one to blame refs. But this was a glaringly bad reffed game.

To @Empoleon8771 , I blame Trochek’s reaction to being a Pittsburgh native. :sarcasm:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Sutherland’s a preening bitch. Wish Trocheck would have smacked some sense into him since Bettman seems incapable of getting these idiots to be competent

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
I don’t really care for either team but that was a brutal no call. As dangerous a hit as there is. Trocheck had every right to be pissed. I believe he got either a 10 or a game misconduct at the end there lol

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Page 1 is already making me regret starting this thread :laugh:

The point wasn't to complain about officiating, nor was it to bury Trocheck for screaming at Sutherland for an obvious missed call. I just thought it was something different that I didn't recall seeing to this level in the NHL. It was like a MLB manager screaming at an ump after getting ejected, it's just not something you see happen in the NHL often.

Don't read anything more into it than that, there is no other intention here beyond saying "oh wow that was different".
I know i am new here, but you have a lot if posts and i feel like you should have seen this coming 😂

Reactions: Empoleon8771

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
I would have preferred to see Trocheck go further than just yelling in his face. He had every right to go off on Sutherland.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
To the “penalty is a penalty” takes… you’re not wrong. But when Islanders fans bring up other incidents in the game I don’t think it’s to deflect.

It’s more to highlight that the reffing was terrible all game. Moreover, that it’s not a surprise they blew that call. They were seemingly trying to manage the game all night. Basically making a mess of it.

I’m truly not one to blame refs. But this was a glaringly bad reffed game.

To @Empoleon8771 , I blame Trochek’s reaction to being a Pittsburgh native. :sarcasm:

They're the worst refs in pro sports, it's not shocking that this call was missed along with a ton of other ones.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You gotta love the Rangers whining about the refs when one time something does not go their way. Laviolette saying that the collision between Pelech and Zibanejad was intentional. They are that delusional that they just expect the refs to be on their side. Why? Because they need the PP to win, they cannot win without the PP. The only reason they even crawled back into the game down 3-0 is because they got three straight PPs.
I didnt see the Rangers complaining at the Stadium Series when they got outplayed the entire game and then were handed 3 straight PPs in the last 10 minutes to the game which allowed them to comeback. At least 1 or 2 of those calls very weak.
The Rangers also conveniently seem to ignore they got away with at least 4-5 holding and interference calls when they were being dominated in the first period.

Dude you have no self awareness you have one of the least impressive "playoff teams" in recent memory. Without loser points your team is below .500 and are -21 goal differential on the season. Oh and maybe if your team wasn't the worst in the league on the penalty kill they wouldn't give up PP goals left and right. Your team is bottom of the barrel garbage, we have 23 more points than you despite all of your loser points. Know your role peasant.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Should have deffs been a boarding call but I don't understand how Trocheck doesn't walk away with an unsportsmanship penalty? f*** off or move on, as much as missed calls suck they are a part of the game.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

I'm more focused on Trocheck screaming in Sutherland's face here. Have we ever seen a player do that? I think Trocheck was right with being mad, but he's going to be hearing from the league about that.

Missed calls obviously happen and this one seemed pretty egregious, but Trocheck screaming in a refs face like a baseball manager about to be thrown out is definitely a new one.

I respect the effort to focus on the thing, sorry HF is the way it is. Also, sorry Trochek is a lil bitch who can’t take a hit, amirite? Also, Rangers commit penalties too, y’know? So- I brought good points to the table, really furthered the convo you were trying to have.

Seriously though- no, I haven’t seen a player go visor to visor with a ref like that.

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
The Ziba Slew Foot was missed call of the game. Seems like Karma had to deal with Zibs instead of the refs.

NYR lost the game and wasn’t because of the refs. It was their 5 v 5
Are you the one with the video of the slew foot? It's worth more than bigfoot footage at this point.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
At this point I am wondering how soon we will see a player physically assaulting the referees for not doing their job (ensuring players' safety and keeping the game as clean as possible) properly.

Not that I would endorse such behavior, but I can absolutely understand players becoming more and more agitated about the bullshit referees pull on a daily basis.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
If Trocheck didn't watch the clouds there and instead had some spatial awareness he could've prepared himself for that hit. Instead he got shoved into the boards like a glove.

Reactions: NYI365

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Wasn't time to call a penalty against the Islanders yet.

NHL doesn't call penalties according to the rulebook. They have assigned time slots to the teams and call penalties for them when it's time.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Stunned Sutherland put away his ego and absorbed it. He is a character who chases the spotlight and often sees games unravel due to his poor game management.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
That was a joke.

I don't care how the game was called up until this point, that's a joke it wasn't called.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
My respect for Trocheck just increased. It would have been better if he also jumped the guy who hit him in the numbers.

When the man in charge of the department of player safety was a literal goon, there is no reason to believe there going to be any accountability down the chain.
Yeah but he's a Princeton goon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad