• $3.5

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Thinking 3years/$10m is a fair deal to something longer term, if this is the new Trent F (and is consistent).

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Oh that’s not coming close to getting it done if this is the new Trent and he stays like this. He’s on his bridge deal right now, I don’t see why he’d take another one
You may be right. I am wary of handing the bag to the DeBrusks and Frederics. Theres a bit of a mixed bag there, in terms of consistency.

Reactions: CDJ

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Still hilarious?
Even more so now.

I'm going 7/35 if he would do it. I honestly think you could play him on line 2 at either wing and he would produce very nicely.
I'd jump on that in a heatbeat. Even though he's a physical forward, he doesn't have that kamikase style play that leads to injuries. People have said it before, and it's still true: projects really close to Charlie Coyle in style and substance as a Bruin with the added benefit of being able and willing to KO guys who cross the line. Getting that for 5 mil a year long term would be a steal and a rock to build around in the line up for the next generation of this club.

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Still hilarious?
When have I ever had an issue admitting I was wrong on something? I'm waiting until the end of the season to see how badly wrong I was, but he's certainly kicked my teeth in to this point...:laugh:

And you know what? I'm happy I was wrong because it makes the team better. I still want him to play with more of a strategic edge rather where he picks and choses his spots better, but I can't complain about his overall level of play. He's been great. I was wrong.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Oh that’s not coming close to getting it done if this is the new Trent and he stays like this. He’s on his bridge deal right now, I don’t see why he’d take another one

Really he's on his 2nd bridge deal. He's going to likely look for more term on his next deal as you point out.
I'm going 7/35 if he would do it. I honestly think you could play him on line 2 at either wing and he would produce very nicely.

Why in the world would you give a player Trent Frederic's caliber a 7-year deal? Massive overreaction to a guy on a 1-month heater basically.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
When have I ever had an issue admitting I was wrong on something? I'm waiting until the end of the season to see how badly wrong I was, but he's certainly kicked my teeth in to this point...:laugh:

And you know what? I'm happy I was wrong because it makes the team better. I still want him to play with more of a strategic edge rather where he picks and choses his spots better, but I can't complain about his overall level of play. He's been great. I was wrong.
Im lining up right behind you. And I am doing so happily as well. Glad hes improving on last year.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Really he's on his 2nd bridge deal. He's going to likely look for more term on his next deal as you point out.

Why in the world would you give a player Trent Frederic's caliber a 7-year deal? Massive overreaction to a guy on a 1-month heater basically.
He's going to be a perennial 20+ goal guy IMO, that will score even more w PP time and 2nd line minutes... He's taken another leap like he did last year. I go with Pasta and he on the right, Zacha and Marchand on the left,. Coyle in the middle and sign someone for C2. I let Jake walk. Lock up Freddy.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He's going to be a perennial 20+ goal guy IMO, that will score even more w PP time and 2nd line minutes... He's taken another leap like he did last year. I go with Pasta and he on the right, Zacha and Marchand on the left,. Coyle in the middle and sign someone for C2. I let Jake walk. Lock up Freddy.

I'm not against extending him but cannot justify handing him a 6-7-8 year deal. Keeping in mind that if the Bruins give him term like that, now other Bruins his caliber and age will be wanting the same thing. Sets a bit of a precedent.

4 is the ideal term for him IMO. I don't think he'll accept 3-years after back-2-back two year deals. I can see him squeezing out a 5th year from them. 4-5 years at a reasonable cap hit would hit the mark pretty good provided he continues to perform now and most importantly in the playoffs.

Reactions: SwayHeyKid and CDJ

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
I'm not against extending him but cannot justify handing him a 6-7-8 year deal. Keeping in mind that if the Bruins give him term like that, now other Bruins his caliber and age will be wanting the same thing. Sets a bit of a precedent.

4 is the ideal term for him IMO. I don't think he'll accept 3-years after back-2-back two year deals. I can see him squeezing out a 5th year from them. 4-5 years at a reasonable cap hit would hit the mark pretty good provided he continues to perform now and most importantly in the playoffs.
He def needs to step up in the playoffs he has not been good at all

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He def needs to step up in the playoffs he has not been good at all

That will tell the tale of Frederic this season. That being said, a poor playoff would surprise me. I think his skating is much improved and now he'll be able to handle the playoff pace.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
He reminds me of David Backes tbh. Really wanted my Canucks to acquire this guy last off season.

And I say this because I had to watch Backes for 10+ years in the west and seeing Frederic play reminds me exactly of him.

Reactions: HustleB and CDJ

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020

Why in God's name would you only want to lock him up for 4 when he's 25? The most valuable deals for the team are the last 3 in an escalating cap. Get those years!

Remember Marchand and company's long deals? Exactly. If a 25 year old is core enough for 4 years, he's core enough for 6-7.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Why in God's name would you only want to lock him up for 4 when he's 25? The most valuable deals for the team are the last 3 in an escalating cap. Get those years!

Remember Marchand and company's long deals? Exactly. If a 25 year old is core enough for 4 years, he's core enough for 6-7.

He'll be 26 in less than a week and 27 when his current deal expires.

Are you actually putting Frederic on the same level of Marchand at some point? The guy signed a 2-year bridge AFTER winning a cup and then his next deal was 4 years signed AFTER coming off strong season.

And like my post said about precedent. You hand over huge term to a player like Frederic and then other guys on your team who are at the same level with the same track-record will want the same treatment.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
He'll be 26 in less than a week and 27 when his current deal expires. Hockey DB is your friend.

Are you actually putting Frederic on the same level of Marchand at some point?

And like my post said about precedent. You hand over huge term to a player like Frederic and then other guys on your team who are at the same level with the same track-record will want the same treatment.

A six year deal takes him to 32. You're worried about that? He doesn't play like a power forward, that's a perfectly good spot to take him to.

If he's a 20-25-30g guy depending on power play time, it's bananas to not do 6 years. The teams that wisely did that with their improving players make out like gangbusters.

And doesn't matter what the others want. The core only has so many players. Our core guys typically always got 6-8 year deals. Didn't matter.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He reminds me of David Backes tbh. Really wanted my Canucks to acquire this guy last off season.

And I say this because I had to watch Backes for 10+ years in the west and seeing Frederic play reminds me exactly of him.
Grew up idolizing him so it makes sense (he’s from STL)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
A six year deal takes him to 32. You're worried about that? He doesn't play like a power forward, that's a perfectly good spot to take him to.

If he's a 20-25-30g guy depending on power play time, it's bananas to not do 6 years. The teams that wisely did that with their improving players make out like gangbusters.

And doesn't matter what the others want. The core only has so many players. Our core guys typically always got 6-8 year deals. Didn't matter.

They do.

And if you think that what other players on the same team got doesn't matter, your just kidding yourself. A room full of competitive athletes you can be damn sure they pay attention to what the guy sitting next to them got.

Let's see how the remainder of this year goes and next year. Right now Trent Frederic is absolutely not a core player. Could he be? Maybe. I'm not ruling it out but I wouldn't bet on it either.

I'd just like to see him make it through a playoff series without being a healthy scratch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad