• $3

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • $3.5

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'm trying not to get excited because I don't know if this is just a nice little heater he's on, or if this is his game going forward. He's scoring backhand, forehand, tips, tap ins, and throwing the body when he's not scoring. I didn't know he had the hands in tight around the net either.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
He was really great the other night when they put him on Coyle and Marchands wing for the 3rd period, got 2 assists in the one period....wouldn't mind seeing him get an extended chance there

Reactions: BBruins

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Trederic is proving that sometimes patience is all you need. I agree that he should see time on the PP. Wouldnt be surprised to see a 30-30 season out of him eventually.
Not to pat myself on the back but I was pretty adamant that guys with size like Freddy generally start hitting their stride later than most prospects, really glad the Bruins were patient with him.

Would love to see them expand his role to PP and maybe a stint in the top 6 to see how he does.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Well well well

I guess Sweeney’s drafting team and decisions aren’t so bad after all

If anyone is tight on money, I recommend cancelling your subscriptions to the athletic and redline, as they are clearly fantasy and not useful in a practical way .

Reactions: Kegs

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
sorry I meant as a peak (like in 5 years), not routine. I think he could be a routine 20G guy that is a nightmare to play against. You can’t let those get away
100% agree, I lock him up after this season the moment you can do so.

Reactions: BBruins

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'm trying not to get excited because I don't know if this is just a nice little heater he's on, or if this is his game going forward. He's scoring backhand, forehand, tips, tap ins, and throwing the body when he's not scoring. I didn't know he had the hands in tight around the net either.
Way to jinx the guy :laugh:
That will get him a huge raise, those are Tom Wilson numbers and they play a very similar game, Frederic doesn't hit as much but is far and away Boston's most physical player.
Think he's superior offensively. Wilson sees regular PP time and has benefited from riding on top lines for most of his productive years. Frederic's been on a burner just playing even strength with guys like Geekie, Heinen, and Lauko.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yep, call me crazy but I would also consider putting him with Pastrnak and Zacha for a few games to see....I think they would benefit from his defensive play and physicality on that line.

Yeah he could bring what Geekie brought…but better. However, I see the argument that keeping him where he is gives them a better base for the third line and better depth.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Core player. Lock him up long term next July 1 and play him w 74 on the left and 18 in the middle

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Last year he played physical and had 17 even strength goals from the bottom six. Which is very good, but also maybe a one off which lead to his current contract.

This year he is already up to 13 even strength goals (and even one PP goal!) playing in the bottom six.

For comparison, that's as many even strength goals or more than Drai, Sam Reinhart (!), Jason Robertson, Sebastian Aho, Bratt, Kryou, Eichel, Horvat, JT Miller, Kaprizov, Tuch, DeBrincat, Larkin... all from the 3rd line.

And its not just goals, sandwiched between DeBrincat, Raymond, Batherson and Tippet for even strength points, too.

That's a lot of 8+ million dollar guys on that list. Of course, he is in the midst of a hot streak so maybe he falls back later in the season.

Better keep him away from the top 6 and the PP until you get him on a long term deal, lol.

Reactions: BBruins and CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad