Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's not about JDB it's about expectations. If folks are ripping Frederic because they expect him to be driving the offense then they're mistaken.

He hasn't been bad these last 5 games - he was great against the Bolts even though he didn't get rewarded for it on the stat sheet. But that he doesnt see much ice when they're playing catch up

Just curious, who is claiming he should be driving the offense? I think those critical of his recent play, at least what I've read, have called what he brings secondary scoring.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Just curious, who is claiming he should be driving the offense? I think those critical of his recent play, at least what I've read, have called what he brings secondary scoring.
Folks who point to his stat line of a 5 game sample and those who lump him in with guys like DeBrusk as players who need to step up their production.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Folks who point to his stat line of a 5 game sample and those who lump him in with guys like DeBrusk as players who need to step up their production.

Ah, so people like myself, got it. Problem is, I never said he was supposed to be driving the offense nor did anyone else. Stop with the straw man arguments. Secondary scoring what what its been called, and every team needs it. Players like Trent and JDB are the Bruins who help provide that. So yeah, they get 'lumped' together.

For crying out loud, dude. Are we not allowed to point out someone's poor play over a stretch of games without taking a ration of shit for it? But this is truly going nowhere and probably isn't worth continuing.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Ah, so people like myself, got it. Problem is, I never said he was supposed to be driving the offense nor did anyone else. Stop with the straw man arguments. Secondary scoring what what its been called, and every team needs it. Players like Trent and JDB are the Bruins who help provide that. So yeah, they get 'lumped' together.

For crying out loud, dude. Are we not allowed to point out someone's poor play over a stretch of games without taking a ration of shit for it? But this is truly going nowhere and probably isn't worth continuing.
You can point out whatever you like - just don't expect everyone to agree. I see JDB as primary scoring, someone who should be driving offense, you see him a secondary scoring. That's ok life goes on. When a secondary scoring player doesn't score in 5 games it's not worth ripping IMO.

If you want to let it go I'm good with it, but if you ask me questions I'll be inclined to answer em.

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
pacing for

21 goals
45 points
195 hits

Freddy is exactly what you want out of a third line guy. He and Geekie are among the best 3rd line tandems in the league.
I really thought Freddy would score at least 25 this year. Maybe I am wrong?

Gifu

Dec 17, 2021
How do you see it, would he have the potential to play in a top-6 role next season? And with more powerplay time. Personally, I'm starting to support this.

Of course any success will also increase the price of a new contract, but at the same time those successes will serve the team.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Currently tied with Point, Nylander and Duchene for 39th in the league at pts/60. 3rd on the club in even strength pts (behind only Pastrnak and Coyle).

Don't know when they can work a new contract but they better get on it quick.

Reactions: CDJ

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
With all of the well-deserved flak Debrusk and JVR are receiving for their poor play as of late, I’m mildly surprised that Frederic’s name hasn’t been mentioned.

Since the All Star break, he has just 4G-6A-10P in 30 GP. He’s not a factor on special teams aside from the occasional shift on the PK. He’s an ok physical presence with his team-leading 191 hits, but I’d argue guys like Beecher and Lauko are more effective at actually separating opposing players from the puck.

I get that he’s only making $2.3M, so the expectations are naturally going to be lower for him compared to a guy like Debrusk who’s likely looking for $6M+ in free agency. Still, he’s been a virtually invisible most nights for the past 2+ months and is coming off back to back postseasons where he was healthy scratched. How he’s getting a free pass is beyond me.

Reactions: LSCII and BMC

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
With all of the well-deserved flak Debrusk and JVR are receiving for their poor play as of late, I’m mildly surprised that Frederic’s name hasn’t been mentioned.

Since the All Star break, he has just 4G-6A-10P in 30 GP. He’s not a factor on special teams aside from the occasional shift on the PK. He’s an ok physical presence with his team-leading 191 hits, but I’d argue guys like Beecher and Lauko are more effective at actually separating opposing players from the puck.

I get that he’s only making $2.3M, so the expectations are naturally going to be lower for him compared to a guy like Debrusk who’s likely looking for $6M+ in free agency. Still, he’s been a virtually invisible most nights for the past 2+ months and is coming off back to back postseasons where he was healthy scratched. How he’s getting a free pass is beyond me.

Fred definitely can be frustrating. That being said…like you said…$2.3 million AAV player. How frustrated can I really be?

One of the things I don’t understand is when he dumps the puck in. He NEVER chases it down. He watches while one of his much smaller line mates goes and battles for it. I don’t get it. And it’s so normal at this point over the course of the game, I’m starting to think it’s strictly a coaching thing.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC

He sometimes punches faces.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Does he, though? Guy realizes he's in a fight 9 days after it happens.

That said, I'm happy with him just laying the body and agitating. If he can do that while producing a bit of offense, I'll be happy.
not lately. he's kind of still living off his first fight against Tanev, been on the short end more often than not

Reactions: Kalus

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Fred definitely can be frustrating. That being said…like you said…$2.3 million AAV player. How frustrated can I really be?

One of the things I don’t understand is when he dumps the puck in. He NEVER chases it down. He watches while one of his much smaller line mates goes and battles for it. I don’t get it. And it’s so normal at this point over the course of the game, I’m starting to think it’s strictly a coaching thing.
I thought he played a good game last night, just could not finish, I think he is getting some frustration himself, he will come around.............I hope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad