Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I love the way Frederic has been playing. I really think our best top 6 is with him playing opposite Marchand and Coyle at Center. I understand the dilemma because I don't love JVR driving the 3rd line.

I would love to see Frederic be rewarded with more ice time and more special teams time as well.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
When have I ever had an issue admitting I was wrong on something? I'm waiting until the end of the season to see how badly wrong I was, but he's certainly kicked my teeth in to this point...:laugh:

And you know what? I'm happy I was wrong because it makes the team better. I still want him to play with more of a strategic edge rather where he picks and choses his spots better, but I can't complain about his overall level of play. He's been great. I was wrong.
We had some great debates over Freddy this offseason, but honestly not one poster on here really deserves to chirp another for being wrong - everytime we get one right I'm sure there are another 5 we aren't even remotely close....

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
We had some great debates over Freddy this offseason, but honestly not one poster on here really deserves to chirp another for being wrong - everytime we get one right I'm sure there are another 5 we aren't even remotely close....
Absolutely. I can’t even count the amount of shit I’ve been wrong about with this team over the years here it would take way too long to even go through….lol

Reactions: NDiesel and Alicat

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I agree, and also, suck it haters.

Looks like your boy Franchise Frederic's little hot streak is ovah!

0-0-0 in the 5 games since the All-Star break despite being moved up the line-up. He looked like a god damn anchor on the line last night with Coyle and Marchand.

Good complimentary 3rd line player. That's what he is. Not a core piece.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So we can't rip Freddy now? I am a fan of the guy and like how he's come along in his career to become a solid part of the roster, but if we are honest, he's been ass since at least the All-Star break. He needs to pick it up, he and Jake both.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
So we can't rip Freddy now? I am a fan of the guy and like how he's come along in his career to become a solid part of the roster, but if we are honest, he's been ass since at least the All-Star break. He needs to pick it up, he and Jake both.
Obviously you can.

He's 3rd on the club in ES points. 4th on the club in goals overall. Making 2.3 mil.

Rip away.

Reactions: CDJ and JoeIsAStud

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Obviously you can.

He's 3rd on the club in ES points. 4th on the club in goals overall. Making 2.3 mil.

Rip away.

Come on, man: are you seriously arguing he' been good lately? I said nothing about his overall value and actually complimented the guy and all you see is someone saying a bad thing about your binky. He's been ass for the past dozen games or so, or do you honestly think he's been good, and if so, what's the problem with saying it that way instead of the snarky post like you did a mic drop?

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Come on, man: are you seriously arguing he' been good lately? I said nothing about his overall value and actually complimented the guy and all you see is someone saying a bad thing about your binky. He's been ass for the past dozen games or so, or do you honestly think he's been good, and if so, what's the problem with saying it that way instead of the snarky post like you did a mic drop?
Thought he was one of their best forwards against the Bolts.

As for his past dozen games: he's got 2 goals and 5 assists.

7pts in his last 12 doesn't look like ass to me, but that's just one man's perspective.

Reactions: CDJ and JoeIsAStud

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Thought he was one of their best forwards against the Bolts.

As for his past dozen games: he's got 2 goals and 5 assists.

7pts in his last 12 doesn't look like ass to me, but that's just one man's perspective.

I haven't seen what he was doing earlier in the season lately, and overall to me his game has slumped. Maybe last ten would be better, but since the AS break in particular. The Bruins need him to be better and Jake too, because if they aren't going, it's the Pasta and Brad show with a little Coyle sprinkled in.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
hehe, you responded before I could delete my post which mostly just repeated what you said (obviously we were typing at the same time). But yeah, we do seem to love taking extremely small samples and overreacting

Whatever, man. He needs to play better. I revised my post a little, but clearly we don't have room in here to have our own thoughts without some snarky bullshit being flung at you. I am not overreacting, Bruins need him to be better and he hasn't been lately. Overreacting would be saying trade the guy or bench him. I would just like him to pick up his play. Sorry if that offends you.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Calling out players for playing to less than their capacity is absolutely fair game. Especially when the difference between wins and losses with this team is reliant on all-hands-on-deck.

Would you similarly complain if people complimented Frederic when on a hot streak for a half dozen games? Fair to praise when he's successful. Fair to criticize when he's not. It goes for the entire roster.

Freddy's season has been overall excellent. Exceeded expectations. It's one of the reasons the record is what it is. But you can see when a couple of players are a little off, how much it can affect the fortunes of the team.

The problem isn't that Frederic can be inconsistent. That should be expected. The problem is that we're a top-six player short of that not making a exaggerated difference to the Bruins' success.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Calling out players for playing to less than their capacity is absolutely fair game. Especially when the difference between wins and losses with this team is reliant on all-hands-on-deck.

Would you similarly complain if people complimented Frederic when on a hot streak for a half dozen games? Fair to praise when he's successful. Fair to criticize when he's not. It goes for the entire roster.

Freddy's season has been overall excellent. Exceeded expectations. It's one of the reasons the record is what it is. But you can see when a couple of players are a little off, how much it can affect the fortunes of the team.

The problem isn't that Frederic can be inconsistent. That should be expected. The problem is that we're a top-six player short of that not making a exaggerated difference to the Bruins' success.

Well, I should not have called his play ass for the last dozen, but it's been so for the last few. You are right, and really that was the point of the post. He and JDB are necessary secondary scoring on a team that need all it can get, and when he slumps, and Jake (I imght have confused him with Trent going back as far as I did, if so, my bad) also, it makes a real difference to the outcome of a game.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Whatever, man. He needs to play better. I revised my post a little, but clearly we don't have room in here to have our own thoughts without some snarky bullshit being flung at you. I am not overreacting, Bruins need him to be better and he hasn't been lately. Overreacting would be saying trade the guy or bench him. I would just like him to pick up his play. Sorry if that offends you.

You have the right to your opinion, but the data is readily available and if you want to say he has been ass for 5 games because he has 0 points in those 5 games, then the data backs you up

If you want to say he has been ass for 10 games when he has 1 goal and 5 assists in those 10 games, then you are saying he was ass for 5 games where he was over a ppg. That may not match your view of his play, but that was the factual on his play

If you want to say he has been ass for 12 games then the data says 2 goals and 5 assists in those 12 games

And maybe despite the scoring and assists you think he has not been playing well Make that case as to why the 5-7 games before the all star break where he was producing on the score sheet was not a reflection of the quality of his play

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think it's fair to call Freddy out, his effort has been bad the last few games...that said this is a 2.3 mil player, he's producing more than Debrusk who is playing in a prime spot compared to him.

Just think there's a lot more to complain about, he's been a great 3rd liner for them this season when everyone expected a drop-off from losing Hall. Whole team is slumping, no surprise he is too.

Reactions: CDJ

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

The problem isn't that Frederic can be inconsistent. That should be expected. The problem is that we're a top-six player short of that not making an exaggerated difference to the Bruins' success.
He should be secondary scoring on this club- I mean it's how they're deploying him.

The guys they're counting on for primary scoring up front this year are Marchand, Pastrnak, Zacha, Coyle, DeBrusk. Could even throw JVR in there considering how they feed him PP time.

So if we're bemoaning a lack of offense over this last stretch I'd lay that at their feet.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Is it performance enhancing to put fire ants in his jock strap 7 games out of 10 to make sure he shows up with a bit of snarl and jump? 3 out of 10 he doesn't need jock strap fire ants :) ..love the guy 3 out of 10 games

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
More like 5 games, not a dozen

Edit: lmao I should have kept reading, my b

Reactions: Dr Hook

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Why does this kind of argument always have to be "yeah but he's doing more than player X" as if another player not playing up to their own capabilities makes Freddy not contributing over the last handful of games acceptable? It's a shit argument and really lazy. Just be honest. Sure Freddy has played well overall, but he's still got areas of his game that can improve, and consistent effort is probably his area for biggest potential gains right now. Whether JDB is streaky doesn't change that either.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Why does this kind of argument always have to be "yeah but he's doing more than player X" as if another player not playing up to their own capabilities makes Freddy not contributing over the last handful of games acceptable? It's a shit argument and really lazy. Just be honest. Sure Freddy has played well overall, but he's still got areas of his game that can improve, and consistent effort is probably his area for biggest potential gains right now. Whether JDB is streaky doesn't change that either.
It's not about JDB it's about expectations. If folks are ripping Frederic because they expect him to be driving the offense then they're mistaken.

He hasn't been bad these last 5 games - he was great against the Bolts even though he didn't get rewarded for it on the stat sheet. But that he doesnt see much ice when they're playing catch up

Last edited:
Reactions: NDiesel

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You have the right to your opinion, but the data is readily available and if you want to say he has been ass for 5 games because he has 0 points in those 5 games, then the data backs you up

If you want to say he has been ass for 10 games when he has 1 goal and 5 assists in those 10 games, then you are saying he was ass for 5 games where he was over a ppg. That may not match your view of his play, but that was the factual on his play

If you want to say he has been ass for 12 games then the data says 2 goals and 5 assists in those 12 games

And maybe despite the scoring and assists you think he has not been playing well Make that case as to why the 5-7 games before the all star break where he was producing on the score sheet was not a reflection of the quality of his play

He's been invisible out there, more or less, and everything is not data. I already admitted I was confusing him with JDB in length of time he's been playing poorly. He has been good for much of the season and I like the player. I also think he is an important part of the team and they need him to play well because the club is not blessed with an abundance of scoring, or to be honest, forechecking grit, both of which he brings when he is playing well. When he goes missing, like Jake does, it has a fairly detrimental effect on the team performance. He's been basically crap since the AS break and I stand by that, and it's fine if others think he's been okay: it's not like any of us make roster decisions anyway, or the club is listening to us.

And not that it should matter, but I am recovering from the flu here and probably should not be posting anything while I have a fever ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad