• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Peter Cehlarik like?
Touche! and burned! LOL

We all have had our binkies. I still stand by my binky conviction. Cehlarik was Cassidyf@#$d!

Interesting to see the less than 1.75 stat result. I missed this vote. Did you have a chance to poll Swayman?

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Should be no more than $1.5 but will probably end up $2 or $2.25. Bruins kind of screwed themselves by giving Geekie $2 mill per and he's a fair comp total number wise, even if he's been more consistent with his production over his career and Freddy's all came in one anomaly of a season.

Reactions: Blowfish

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Touche! and burned! LOL

But in my defence we have all have/had our binkies. I still stand by my conviction. Cehlarik was Cassidyf@#$d!

Interesting to see the less than 1.75 stat result. I missed this vote. Did you have a chance to poll Swayman?
I did not do Swayman. To me and a lot of people, Swayman is pretty cut and dry. It's just playing out the process. But with Frederic, it's all over the map.

I could see the Bruins offering in the $1.4 million range and Frederic asking in the $3.8 million range in arbitration. I could be way off but that's the feeling I'm getting.

Reactions: bb74 and Blowfish

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Should be no more than $1.5 but will probably end up $2 or $2.25. Bruins kind of screwed themselves by giving Geekie $2 mill per and he's a fair comp total number wise, even if he's been more consistent with his production over his career and Freddy's all came in one anomaly of a season.
There’s no possible comp for Frederic that is anywhere near $1.5M. And they can’t use Geekie as a comp so that’s a moot point.

I love how an improving young player who had a great year is an “anomaly” too. Classic Bruins fan move there.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
I don't think he is worth it but I could see the B's coming in at 1.5 and his agent coming in at 3.3 or something like that. You look at Miles Wood (his RFA signing) or Tanner Jeannot or Jordan Greenway as compares and tag on a bit of inflation and you are in the low 3s as an agent.

Also I don't know how it plays into the arbitration but if there is record of him taking a short bridge as a show me then this could also play into it perhaps.

In any case I have a real hard time seeing an arbitrator award less than 2M whether he is able to earn it or not. Will be an interesting next 72 hours with Swayman on Monday and Frederic on Tuesday.

Reactions: Blowfish

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
2-2.5 is my ball park. Had a nice season and is due a raise.

I wouldn’t be thrilled with anything above that personally. However I do think he can build off of last season.

IMO he is a tough player to evaluate.

Reactions: Gordoff and HustleB

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
There’s no possible comp for Frederic that is anywhere near $1.5M. And they can’t use Geekie as a comp so that’s a moot point.

I love how an improving young player who had a great year is an “anomaly” too. Classic Bruins fan move there.
There are plenty of comps for him at $1.5. I gave like 4 of them in the other thread when Dom asked. You're just too close to this player for some reason and can't be objective about him in the least, which is hilarious to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad