Player Discussion Trent Frederic

Status
Not open for further replies.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Frederic in his last 9 games hasn't registered a point yet.

JFK in his last 9 games had 4 assists and directly set-up two of those goals.

Which one is useless again? I'm confused. Are you saying the forward producing offense is useless, but the forward that doesn't produce offense but brings "size" and "nasty" isn't useless?
That is just Fenian with his abnormal hatred of JFK

Reactions: Lo97

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Again, aside from the fight in his first game I have seen very little from Frederic. No offense and, to be honest, very little nasty. In fact, if what he does is now considered mean or nasty, the league has reached a new low in physicality, which, sadly, it has.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Cassidy isnt happy with one 4th line (Wagner Acciari Kuraly)

So he needs to have another jr. Version

Both are physical lines.... and cant be pushed around. I guess its a mentality pro... in that the other team never feels an edge/energy

The thing about JFK, Donato line was that Cassidy couldnt roll them out in any occassions, especially late in tight games. They also were on the ice for several goals against. Manhandled on several occassions. And I dont even think Frederic has been on the ice (GA). Also is excellent on the FO

If no trades materializes ... and once pasta returns, would like to see what Heinen Frederic Kuhlman line can do. Nordstom works hard but he is not going to help score points

Well JFK was a minus player just once in his last 14 NHL games, and was a plus 4 in his last 7. They weren't on the ice for "several goals against" and weren't "manhandled" any worse than the Frederic line has been. Oh and get this, it actually produced offense from time to time.

Frederic is a minus 1, and that goal against it was on him as he could beat his back-check to the net. He's also just 44.8% on face-offs over his last 6 games.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It's funny how there is a poster who calls JFK horrible, wretched and terrible but gets all hot and bothered over Frederic who has done NOTHING (besides a fight his first game) since getting the call.

Send this kid down. He is not ready.

Last edited:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Frederic another solid game

Had two incredible back checks.

But wish he had a shot playing with different more skilled wingers

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
I think he's always been a good passer. Just needs to get stronger on the puck, will come with confidence.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I didn't see last night's game but it seems like Cassidy isn't really worried about whether or not he produces judging from his line and usage. Glad to hear he's continuing to play a solid if unproductive game. I'm torn on whether or not I'd rather he go down, I'm curious what he would look like with more offensive wingers.

Reactions: Multigrain

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
So Donoto or Frederic? Do you still keep Frederic up or do you bring a guy like Smith up.
Not quite sure what they all can bring if anything but if nothing else maybe trade bait.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
So Donoto or Frederic? Do you still keep Frederic up or do you bring a guy like Smith up.
Not quite sure what they all can bring if anything but if nothing else maybe trade bait.
Is being Smith up. I thought he played well while in Boston. I’d let the two kids just play the whole year in Providence.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I didn't see last night's game but it seems like Cassidy isn't really worried about whether or not he produces judging from his line and usage. Glad to hear he's continuing to play a solid if unproductive game. I'm torn on whether or not I'd rather he go down, I'm curious what he would look like with more offensive wingers.

Why would Cassidy be worried if trent produces? He has tons of offense all of it coming from the same cast of players

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
I hope they let the Frederic stay until the end of the trip and play in hometown St. Louis on Saturday. Then it should be back to Providence.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I hope they let the Frederic stay until the end of the trip and play in hometown St. Louis on Saturday. Then it should be back to Providence.

Agree. Let him get a couple more games. Next year I think hes best served in the AHL. Save the waiver moves. Him and Studnicka should be competing for who replaces Coyle fall 2020 with DK likely done the year after.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Definitely needs to go back to Providence. If Coyle isn’t the 3rd line center, JFK is better today.

Reactions: 13Hockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad