Player Discussion Trent Frederic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Not playing many minutes. Seems to have a good shot. Not ready for now but I like his upside. Will give a big physical scorer to the team in the coming years.

With JFK, Frederic and Stud, Bruins need to identify and trade one of those for a 3C. Ideally with 1 more year on his deal.
Agreed on his shot as well as his upside. He's likely only going to get better, it just seems like he's going unnoticed, by me anyways.

Reactions: BiGBear8

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He should go back to Providence and play big minutes. It’s time.
IMO it would be the best thing for him - but maybe they see him making the adjustment (his TOI has increased every game I think).

Agreed on his shot as well as his upside. He's likely only going to get better, it just seems like he's going unnoticed, by me anyways.
Not necessarily a bad thing for a rookie getting his first games on a third line.

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I think Butch has done his best to shelter #82 so he can adapt more easily to NHL game, limiting his minutes & having Backes take some of the more difficult faceoffs. I think he has the makings of a good player once he gets used to the speed of the NHL and I like that he isn't afraid to go in the danger areas or get in someone's face if that's needed (and again IMO, it is!)

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
This trip against the Big Bad West will be where I will really judge Frederic and if he is ready. Hoping the increased physicality will bring the most out of him.

He's had time to adjust to the pace, and considering his linemates I'm not expecting a ton of offensive production.

But what I do want to see is that physical edge and good defensive play. I wanna see him use his size and go make an impact out there. Need to see some more intensity from him.

If he can't do that I don't see what he brings that JFK doesn't.

Reactions: Multigrain

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I say leave him for awhile longer because if they send him they will turn around and bring Donato back. For Donato’s future he needs to stay in the AHL

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I mean he is playing with Backes so give Frederic a little love. The guy cannot keep up to the play at least Nordy has some speed and is a good PKer. Be different when they add a player through a trade and Cehlarik goes down a line to play with his Providence buddy. They had some chemistry in the AHL. At that time we can just sit put back in the stands where he belongs. JFK had some better offensive players around him and it took him awhile to get a few pts.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I thought he played his best game so far against Anaheim. Physical, had a few shots, made some good passes and seemed a bit more confident with the puck. Steps in the right direction.

Fell asleep in the 2nd (shouldn’t have had that IPA lol), but liked what I saw before that. There was a shift in the 1st where he used the D as a screen and ripped a lethal wrist shot from the top of the circle that had Boyle beat if he put it on net.

I still want the B’s to add two players (W and C), retool the 3rd line and put Frederic between Wagner and Kuraly for a 4th line. Probably won’t happen with Nordstrom, Backes and Acciari on house.

Reactions: Strafer

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Fell asleep in the 2nd (shouldn’t have had that IPA lol), but liked what I saw before that. There was a shift in the 1st where he used the D as a screen and ripped a lethal wrist shot from the top of the circle that had Boyle beat if he put it on net.

I still want the B’s to add two players (W and C), retool the 3rd line and put Frederic between Wagner and Kuraly for a 4th line. Probably won’t happen with Nordstrom, Backes and Acciari on house.
Yeah, that was a nice play.

I'd like to see that 4th line experiment with Frederic too. And it made me think that if it works, it could be a good place for him to start next year-> meaning they could go after a more high profile, longer-term 3c at this deadline, one who could move into Krejci's slot when Frederic grows out of the 4th line role.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsNetwork

I thought he played his best game so far against Anaheim. Physical, had a few shots, made some good passes and seemed a bit more confident with the puck. Steps in the right direction.

Thought he’s looked better with each game and I agree about last night. I’m hoping that Backes gets sat in place of Kuhlman next game. I’m not one to harp on Backes because I do like him and think he still has some value to the lineup, but he’s been really bad over the last few games. Think Kuhlman could provide a nice spark to Frederic and Nordstrom.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Last night was his best game of the season so far

Looks good along the boards.... has decent chemistry with Nordy

Lets see what a line of Nordy Frederic and Kuhlman can do tonight

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
stated a few times in this thread that I didn`t think Frederic "looked ready", that may not have been a fair assessment, while there is definitely things he`ll need to work on, his faceoff percentage is fantastic, plays a quiet yet responsible game. Maybe I shouldn`t have said not ready, should have said not ready to play with two forwards with little to no offensive elements to their games. I know Frederic isn`t likely to be a 60 pt guy at the NHL level but playing alongside Backes and Nordy is just a sure way to eliminate any threat of offensive chances

Maybe Butch can throw him a bone, stick him on 2nd PP unit, ask the kid to plant himself in front of the goalie, maybe bang one or tip one in

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Watching Tampa and Mtl. Boston need to target a proven a top winger... not sure right winger is needed with Heinen might be a left winger going with DK and Pastrnak.
But to go head to head with Tampa they will for sure need grit up front..... and if they can’t find someone T. Frederic got size a some nasty nose in him.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
The kid has some nasty in him. Very good prospect getting some extremely valuable experience.

Id say he's a keeper
Seems like with him and Celarik in the line up we are winning and keeping more puck battles!
Probably because of their size and strength. I like both of these players and hope after the TD they are still up with the big club. I like all of our yutes but some like JFK and Donato need to get some man strength so they are not pushed off pucks so easily.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Ideally I would liked Frderic to have spent the season in Providence but with JFK proving to be useless and no other center options available internally he is up.
Also they are so passive in the top 9 they need some size and nasty and at minimum he brings that.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Ideally I would liked Frderic to have spent the season in Providence but with JFK proving to be useless and no other center options available internally he is up.
Also they are so passive in the top 9 they need some size and nasty and at minimum he brings that.

Frederic in his last 9 games hasn't registered a point yet.

JFK in his last 9 games had 4 assists and directly set-up two of those goals.

Which one is useless again? I'm confused. Are you saying the forward producing offense is useless, but the forward that doesn't produce offense but brings "size" and "nasty" isn't useless?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Frederic in his last 9 games hasn't registered a point yet.

JFK in his last 9 games had 4 assists and directly set-up two of those goals.

Which one is useless again? I'm confused. Are you saying the forward producing offense is useless, but the forward that doesn't produce offense but brings "size" and "nasty" isn't useless?

Cassidy isnt happy with one 4th line (Wagner Acciari Kuraly)

So he needs to have another jr. Version

Both are physical lines.... and cant be pushed around. I guess its a mentality pro... in that the other team never feels an edge/energy

The thing about JFK, Donato line was that Cassidy couldnt roll them out in any occassions, especially late in tight games. They also were on the ice for several goals against. Manhandled on several occassions. And I dont even think Frederic has been on the ice (GA). Also is excellent on the FO

If no trades materializes ... and once pasta returns, would like to see what Heinen Frederic Kuhlman line can do. Nordstom works hard but he is not going to help score points

Reactions: Trizz617
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad