Player Discussion Trent Frederic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I wonder if they were tired of waiting on Coyle.

Yeah, that's it... Tired of waiting for Coyle, so lets recall a player who showed in the first 11 games that he clearly is not NHL ready. People thought JFK was useless? At least he produced a bit. The only thing Frederic brings is hitting/physicality/fighting and I didn't see a whole lot of any besides his first game against the Jets.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
would have preferred Kuhlman right now

team has enough grit at the moment. needs some actual skill. Kuhlman was fast and dangerous

but as long as Nordstrom/Stemp are out of the top 6 who am I to complain

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Welp benched from midway 2nd

Poor game

Wouldnt be surprised if sent down in favor of Kuhlmam

Terrible decision making lately by the brass

It seems every person they call up is benched the entire second half of the game three games in a row now with Stemp and Frederic. Why are we calling up guys who we will just bench

Terrible decision making hurting us badly

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bruce is just doing it until they bring up Kuhlman again. I think he appreciates his two way game

The others just haven’t been good enough to justify giving ice time too

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Terrible decision making lately by the brass

It seems every person they call up is benched the entire second half of the game three games in a row now with Stemp and Frederic. Why are we calling up guys who we will just bench

Terrible decision making hurting us badly

Well after Cehlarik and Frederic were benched... Bruins started to click

Too many mistakes

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Bruce is just doing it until they bring up Kuhlman again. I think he appreciates his two way game

The others just haven’t been good enough to justify giving ice time too
Surprised they haven’t tried Sears yet - looked alright in his cup of tea last year and can play the 200 foot game

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Bruins management seem to have clear favorites with the prospects. Frederic has no business getting called back up.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bruins management seem to have clear favorites with the prospects. Frederic has no business getting called back up.

the truth is nobody else really is standing out of the crowed

Frederic scored 2 pts in 2 games (before callup)

I think Gemel Smith has earned a callup...but since he doesn't much a long term future here (like Carey)... probably wont' get a chance

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
the truth is nobody else really is standing out of the crowed

Frederic scored 2 pts in 2 games (before callup)

I think Gemel Smith has earned a callup...but since he doesn't much a long term future here (like Carey)... probably wont' get a chance

Frederic was horrific during his call up. 2 points in 2 games doesn't change that and you can see it tonight. He is not an NHL player today. Calling him up and playing him just wastes ice time.

Reactions: missingchicklet

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Frederic was horrific during his call up. 2 points in 2 games doesn't change that and you can see it tonight. He is not an NHL player today. Calling him up and playing him just wastes ice time.

not true

You already forgot he was part of that 19 game point streak run

not a major piece, but still was part of it

So was Celly

But tonight showed that they are not ready for this kind of pace. Tonight was unforgiving hockey as CBJ are already in playoff mode it looked like

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
not true

You already forgot he was part of that 19 game point streak run

not a major piece, but still was part of it

So was Celly

But tonight showed that they are not ready for this kind of pace. Tonight was unforgiving hockey as CBJ are already in playoff mode it looked like

He was a detriment if anything. Trent Frederic was awful and has no business being on the Bruins today. Trying to give him credit for that streak is asinine.

By calling him up you went back to a team that couldn't ice it's 3rd line.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He was a detriment if anything. Trent Frederic was awful and has no business being on the Bruins today. Trying to give him credit for that streak is asinine.

By calling him up you went back to a team that couldn't ice it's 3rd line.

Well the other option was to callup Kuhlman

Bruins wanted to see if they could get Coyle out of his scoreless funk

Frederic was the option to take his place at 3c

Did you have a better idea? Stick with Stempniak?

Bruins are thin right now due to injury and don't have the most talented farm system at the moment

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Well the other option was to callup Kuhlman

Bruins wanted to see if they could get Coyle out of his scoreless funk

Frederic was the option to take his place at 3c

Did you have a better idea? Stick with Stempniak?

Bruins are thin right now due to injury and don't have the most talented farm system at the moment

Frederic isn't an option is the point. That's how bad he is on the ice.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Frederic isn't an option is the point. That's how bad he is on the ice.

but you aren't providing a better potential solution then (considering the injuries at the moment)

Its like do you want to drive the beatup civic or beatup corolla?

Reactions: Dr Hook

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
I didn’t see anything during Frederic’s first go around in Boston that made me think he was deserving of another callup. Frustrating situation, especially if they’re just going to have him sit on the bench. Why wouldn’t they give Kuhlman another shot? He was at least semi-effective on Krejci’s wing.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
but you aren't providing a better potential solution then (considering the injuries at the moment)

Its like do you want to drive the beatup civic or beatup corolla?

Give Senyshyn a shot.
Call up Kuhlman.
Call up Smith to play wing.

You've seen Frederic has no business being there. If it has to be a center. Call JFK back up.

I didn’t see anything during Frederic’s first go around in Boston that made me think he was deserving of another callup. Frustrating situation, especially if they’re just going to have him sit on the bench. Why wouldn’t they give Kuhlman another shot? He was at least semi-effective on Krejci’s wing.

Because this management team clearly has favorites.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad