Player Discussion Trent Frederic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I’m a huge Frederic guy, and while I don’t think he looks out of place, I don’t think he’s the guy you roll with at 3C for the playoffs, if you want to advance deep.

The only way I would amend that is if they somehow surrounded him with better talent. If they added a real good wing and were able to drop DeBrusk to the third line, with someone like Heinen (74-82-43), maybe that would work?

I think Frederic has a bright future in Boston, but probably not until next year earliest.

With how well Kuraly/Wagner have been playing, I'm wondering if Frederic centering those two would be better for him. Let Acciari, Heinen, Nordstrom and Backes become a mismatch 4th line.

Reactions: Ratty

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
With how well Kuraly/Wagner have been playing, I'm wondering if Frederic centering those two would be better for him. Let Acciari, Heinen, Nordstrom and Backes become a mismatch 4th line.
Kuraly Acciari Wagoner are put in defensive situations more than any forward on the team - Frederic should get a taste of that but not be leaned upon the way Cassidy counts on his 4th line.

Reactions: Yeti34

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Kuraly Acciari Wagoner are put in defensive situations more than any forward on the team - Frederic should get a taste of that but not be leaned upon the way Cassidy counts on his 4th line.

Honestly I think Acciari isn't much of a factor on that line, outside of the physicality. Frederic is a pretty solid defender for his age and I think he'd be just fine centering that line. Add him my even bring a bit more offense to the line with his skill set.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Honestly I think Acciari isn't much of a factor on that line, outside of the physicality. Frederic is a pretty solid defender for his age and I think he'd be just fine centering that line. Add him my even bring a bit more offense to the line with his skill set.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think he is. They had Nordstrom there the game before and that line did squat. Small sample size I know, but when Acciari has been center and Kuraly and Wagner on the wings, that line has been damn good. With Kuraly at C and Noel at wing, not so much There is some sort of Noel factor as a center there. What it is, I don't know.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
As much as I hate to admit it, I think he is. They had Nordstrom there the game before and that line did squat. Small sample size I know, but when Acciari has been center and Kuraly and Wagner on the wings, that line has been damn good. With Kuraly at C and Noel at wing, not so much There is some sort of Noel factor as a center there. What it is, I don't know.

The factor IMO is it gets Kuraly onto the wing where he doesn't have the responsibilities of being a C and can utilize his speed more, get in on the forecheck more, just play a more free-wheeling game that suits his skill-set better. It has a lot more to do with getting Kuraly in the right position than it does Noel being the guy in the middle.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I actually wouldn’t mind Frederic slotting in as the 4th line C, allowing Kuraly to stay on the wing (where he’s better)...provided they are actually the 4th line and not a 4th line masquerading as a 3rd line.

In order to do that, the B’s need to add a legit Top 6 wing and a legit 3C.

Watching the Rangers vs LA and Namestnikov and Kreider would look good in Black N Gold.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
At this point I don't see what he brings that JFK didn't- he is bringing far less, actually. It's fine for him to get a taste of the NHL, but for a team dying for secondary scoring, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Bruins have one line that scores, one (the Noel line) that never will, so having Frederic up for much longer doesn't help the team.

Reactions: DrJustice

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Frederic is one of my favorite prospects.

Went to the game last night, and I keyed in on him all night when he was on the ice. What I saw it a player who gets in, and typically knows where to be and what his responsibilities are, but is just a step behind the play.

One play that stick out to be in regards to him being a bit behind was in the 3rd. Trent was a trailer on a rush, but hesitated a bit before jumping into the play. If he goes when be should, he has a wide open look on Lehner 1v1.

I get why Cassidy has him with two zero offense guys, one of whom is a defensive guy, and Backes who is...probably what we hope Frederic becomes in his prime, but I'd like to see what he can do if given more of an offensive role, even if it's for a game or two.

That all being said, he's not ready quite yet.

Reactions: trenton1

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Frederic is one of my favorite prospects.

Went to the game last night, and I keyed in on him all night when he was on the ice. What I saw it a player who gets in, and typically knows where to be and what his responsibilities are, but is just a step behind the play.

One play that stick out to be in regards to him being a bit behind was in the 3rd. Trent was a trailer on a rush, but hesitated a bit before jumping into the play. If he goes when be should, he has a wide open look on Lehner 1v1.

I get why Cassidy has him with two zero offense guys, one of whom is a defensive guy, and Backes who is...probably what we hope Frederic becomes in his prime, but I'd like to see what he can do if given more of an offensive role, even if it's for a game or two.

That all being said, he's not ready quite yet.

After getting a chance to watch and key on him for an entire game in person, do you think he could bring to the Kuraly-Wagner line what Acciari is? Because the two wingers (and Kuraly being on the wing) are the key to that line, I think Frederic could play there in the Acciari role and be just fine, but I'm interested to see what you think as you've gotten a first-hand look at him in person.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
After getting a chance to watch and key on him for an entire game in person, do you think he could bring to the Kuraly-Wagner line what Acciari is? Because the two wingers (and Kuraly being on the wing) are the key to that line, I think Frederic could play there in the Acciari role and be just fine, but I'm interested to see what you think as you've gotten a first-hand look at him in person.
my hope 100% is that if they get a 3rd line C via trade that Frederic slots in on the 4th line.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
He's not ready and does look to be a 3rd line center at his best but I'm higher on him now than before since we know he can be physical. Not what I'd want from a 1st round pick but better than someone who never makes it either!

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Possibly, but probably not as a C.

I'm no fan of Acciari, most people on here know that. But he does bring effective PK, and can win faceoffs. I'm not sure Frederic can do either of those at a higher level right now, even though he's shown an ability to consistently win FOs in limited action so far (64%).

I'm not sure I'd want to move him (Frederic) to wing right now.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Possibly, but probably not as a C.

I'm no fan of Acciari, most people on here know that. But he does bring effective PK, and can win faceoffs. I'm not sure Frederic can do either of those at a higher level right now, even though he's shown an ability to consistently win FOs in limited action so far (64%).

I'm not sure I'd want to move him (Frederic) to wing right now.

Thanks for this.

I agree on not moving him to the wing. His skill-set is too valuable to waste time playing on the wing. Let him develop as a center, even if it means going back down to the AHL.

The PK duty part is key, like you said Acciari can do that, not so sure they want Frederic doing that right now. It's not the be-all end-all but a good consideration none-the-less.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
i went from being excited for a 3rd line shift ( heinen-jfk-donato) to wondering how much the third line even saw the ice.. dont know why they gave up on that third line.. they were the one line that actually looked like they could create some offensive chances that werent from the blue line

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

I could not agree more I really think there is no place in the line up of a contending team for Acciari

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I sat in my friends glass seats yesterday and watched Frederic entire shifts

He’s not ready although I agree with Glorydaze putting him between Wagner & Kuraly if you want to go there

He’s got big time skills he’s probably 2 yrs away from full time duty.

His skating is a plus and he’s looking for contact and didn’t look out of place.

They need a third line center but anyone suggesting Frederic in a deal is nuts

Reactions: Saxon Eric

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Needs to pot a goal asap

I havent seen much urgency from him to score a greasy one

Need any offense we can get I don't think hes too much to blame given the linemates but I'm leaving him in the AHL all of next year and the rest of this based on the cameo to date. Its not like hes been ringing posts.

The need for secondary scoring is so glaring I would forget about making trades and do whatever we can to sign 2-3 forwards in free agency. Let Chara walk and package Backes with assets. Then let the prospects like Fredric develop in the A.

Reactions: Skelen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot