Travis Moen&Colby Joseph Armstrong thread

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Still a Moen fan. He is playing ok defensively but he needs to play more aggressive on the forecheck - especially at home. He needs to pick up his play but I think he will.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I was one of the biggest Moen fan, but i gotta say that i lost faith in him. He lost his physical edge. He's not even finishing his checks in the corner...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We're winning, he's playing sound defense, he's playing good overall.

Sure I'd like him to be more aggressive but who knows what is happening with the guy... All I know is that he's a great player usually and has been for 3 years here. I'm not going to give up on the guy after 20 games, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
We're winning, he's playing sound defense, he's playing good overall.

Sure I'd like him to be more aggressive but who knows what is happening with the guy... All I know is that he's a great player usually and has been for 3 years here. I'm not going to give up on the guy after 20 games, sorry.

Forget the 20 games i've given up on Moyen in a long time. I saw that the guy had no sack early on.

I don't think we hired him just so he can be a defensive player.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Bump.

Yesterday on TVA Sports' Le Match (talk show), Michel Langevin reported that he heard that Moen refused to engage physically because he's not all that happy about all the positive attention Prust gets from the media and pretty much everyone in the city.

What a freakin' prima donna. I swear, I haven't hated a player as much as I hate Moen for quite a long time. What he's doing (or not doing) out there is a disgrace to this organisation.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Bump.

Yesterday on TVA Sports' Le Match (talk show), Michel Langevin reported that he heard that Moen refused to engage physically because he's not all that happy about all the positive attention Prust gets from the media and pretty much everyone in the city.

What a freakin' prima donna. I swear, I haven't hated a player as much as I hate Moen for quite a long time. What he's doing (or not doing) out there is a disgrace to this organisation.

And we should believe Michel Langevin ...

Moen has to do more but that's just a ridiculous statement.

Clippy

Sep 22, 2011
Bump.

Something tells me this isn't true.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Bump.

Michel Langevin reported that he heard and you believe that? Moen is a professional, it doesn't make sense. This BS is of the like of the comments like ''oh Koivu isn't scoring goals because he's jealous of Kovalev'' of old.

Its not friggin' lance et compte.

If Moen is not happy from Prust getting attention then he should fight more&get more engaged physically so people remember him also. There isn't a rule that there must only be one energic&physical bottom 6 player. If anything he might be happy that he doesn't have to do the dirty job anymore.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
And we should believe Michel Langevin ...

Moen has to do more but that's just a ridiculous statement.

Well, he certainly has more plugs than you or I. Not saying I believe him to the letter, but there's still got to be a reason why Moen has transformed into a giant vagina.

Michel Langevin reported that he heard and you believe that? Moen is a professional, it doesn't make sense. This is BS is like the ''oh Koivu isn't scoring goals because he's jealous of Kovalev'' of old.

Its not friggin' lance et compte.

If Moen is not happy from Prust getting attention then he should fight more&get more engaged physically so people remember him also. There isn't a rule that there must only be one energic&physical bottom 6 player. If anything he might be happy that he doesn't have to do the dirty job anymore.

Under your respect, I stopped reading at "Moen is a professional". He certainly doesn't act as such. If not doing anything in the Leafs game OR in the Boston game is considered normal, I certainly don't have the same definition as people do. For Christ sake, Markov had more hits than him last Sunday.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Bump.

Why does these people have jobs? Some media members are disgraceful

jacklours

Mar 5, 2003
Magog
Bump.

Yeah, where did he hear it? At la cage aux sports watching the game behind two fans and one of them said that ?? That sounds to me like he's someone looking to stir ****.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I don't know where he heard that, nor do I know if it's worth paying attention to. One thing I know for sure though, is that Moen has turned into as passive a player you can have.

Habtchum*

Why does these people have jobs? Some media members are disgraceful

I think Moen might be unhappy because he is playing on a 4th line instead of a third and sometimes on a 2nd like last season.

The guy is paid more than twice DD's salary to play 10 minutes on a 4th line.

Or maybe he is really jealous of Prust's salary....and playing time. And that might be a reason he is not providing him proper physical backup. If so they should trade his sorry ass asap.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Bump.

Moen played with Anaheim during the " big bad ducks" area. He was behind guys like Parros, Thornton, Fedoruk, O'brien, Brookbank and May. He probably like it. He's not the number 1 guy anymore

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Moen played with Anaheim during the " big bad ducks" area. He was behind Parros, Thornton and May. He probably like it.

I he needs 3 HW to be effective, we might as well trade him and spend the money elsewhere. He is not being relied upon to fight every game. Just one hit against the Bruins in a key game that gets dirty and physical would be an improvement over the disgrace we witnessed two night ago.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
I think Moen might be unhappy because he is playing on a 4th line instead of a third and sometimes on a 2nd like last season.

The guy is paid more than twice DD's salary to play 10 minutes on a 4th line.

Or maybe he is really jealous of Prust's salary....and playing time. And that might be a reason he is not providing him proper physical backup. If so they should trade his sorry ass asap.

I think people make something out of nothing. Moen is a good veteran player. Hardworking type that coach likes and we need to have going forward. He's paid his dues for the Habs, and is a good PK duo with Plekanec. When injuries happen, he can move up the lineup and not hurt the team. Seems to be a respected player and a good person too. Nothing wrong with Moen.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Under your respect, I stopped reading at "Moen is a professional". He certainly doesn't act as such. If not doing anything in the Leafs game OR in the Boston game is considered normal, I certainly don't have the same definition as people do. For Christ sake, Markov had more hits than him last Sunday.

I think he has trouble finding a role for himself in Therrien's system. He also had a very bad game.

There might be other reasons too. Maybe he wasn't prepared for the season physically, maybe he's just getting older&slower and wants to concentrate on being useful as a hockey player by playing defensive hockey. Maybe he's nursing injuries.

A lot of things can explain him having trouble this season other than ''jealous of Prust''. Moen isn't a star player and has never been, he's always been a support player and even in that role there he was rarely the best on his teams. He's in the NHL not because of skills but because of his positive attitude and hard workers like that are rarely jealous or envious of others, they just work harder. Perhaps our perception of him was skewed because of his role for us in previous years but I don't believe he's never been an enforcer, thats just not who he is as a player. He's probably happy that he doesn't have that role anymore.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I think people make something out of nothing. Moen is a good veteran player. Hardworking type that coach likes and we need to have going forward. He's paid his dues for the Habs, and is a good PK duo with Plekanec. When injuries happen, he can move up the lineup and not hurt the team. Seems to be a respected player and a good person too. Nothing wrong with Moen.

Nothing wrong with Moen?!

He's specifically paid to add some sandpaper and to pick up SOME load in the fighting/physical department, and he ends up having 15 minutes played, NO hit and NO fight to show for it in the most physical game of the season.

I'd say there are a lot of God damn things that are wrong with Moen.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Nothing wrong with Moen?!

He's specifically paid to add some sandpaper and to pick up SOME load in the fighting/physical department, and he ends up having 15 minutes played, NO hit and NO fight to show for it in the most physical game of the season.

I'd say there are a lot of God damn things that are wrong with Moen.

Calm down. He's a fourth line defensive player. I agree, he could be a little feistier. But if someone wanted to drop the gloves, he could. He gives another option. He doesn't have the speed to run around like a wildman. He plays contained, he doesn't really hurt the team. He's a nice fourth line LW.

I think he will be moved in the offseason because of his contract length and amount (Dumont can do his job for 500k after another year of seasoning), but right now it's not necessary to worry about Travis freaking Moen.

He wouldn't be a huge loss on the ice for the reasons you say, but I hope Bergevin doesn't mess anymore with the lockerroom. Remember this is a team of people, not just names on a board shuffling around and contract dollars.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Better a 5'9 willing to hit and work hard than a passive 6'2 vet.

I know, but another smurf won't help to get respect around the league, espicially in our division with Boston and Toronto...

But i like Dumont, though....

Heavyweight(Bordeleau)-White-Dumont would be a good fourth line, with Prust on third line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad