Travis Moen&Colby Joseph Armstrong thread

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
NOt sure what you wanted them to do here. Jump the boards and try to fight Chara. The Habs are not tough enough from top to bottom to do anything to stop this stuff from happening. I agree if they're out there and this stuff is happening they need to get involved.

Colby Armstrong? Really? Dont think he's won a fight in his life. Besides all this stuff happened with 4-5 mins left in the second. There hasn't been a lot of time to do anything about it. And what do they do. Go jump one of the Bruins and get tossed. That makes it fun for the rest of the team in the third when the Bruins still have Horton, McQuaid, Boychuk, THornton etc still out there.

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile
NOt sure what you wanted them to do here. Jump the boards and try to fight Chara. The Habs are not tough enough from top to bottom to do anything to stop this stuff from happening. I agree if they're out there and this stuff is happening they need to get involved.

Colby Armstrong? Really? Dont think he's won a fight in his life. Besides all this stuff happened with 4-5 mins left in the second. There hasn't been a lot of time to do anything about it. And what do they do. Go jump one of the Bruins and get tossed. That makes it fun for the rest of the team in the third when the Bruins still have Horton, McQuaid, Boychuk, THornton etc still out there.

Do something for God's sake!!! Subban almost got hurt with a cheap shot...:shakehead

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
I've been a huge fan of Moen and always defended him.

But dear God does he look tired or what ?

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
When fans are complaining about having Moen as a 4th liner, I'd say the team is in pretty good shape.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Just keep moen on the 4th line and nobody will be complaining.

Continuously putting him in the top 6 is what the problem is.

Armstrong on the other hand has been our worst player this year.

MarkersMark*

I joined just to make a thread about Travis. This is in no way reactionary, as I've been thinking it all season but tonight it really came to a head. Travis Moen is a complete passenger on this team. That's the problem with giving an older 4th liner a career contract. It's grossly obvious that Moen has mailed
it in bigtime, and seems to think of himself as some sort of skilled player. This isn't about gooning it up, this is about showing up for your team.

Zero drive, zero intensity, and zero heart. That's completely unacceptable for a marginal bottom 6 player, and something needs to be done.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
I'm not sure why Bergevin thought he was worth 1.85m a year for 4 years. That's a head scratcher.

The Moen of last year was worth that, not so much this season.
What the hell happened to him? I remember him being involved in almost all aspect of the game, a little bit like Prust.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
We need to replace them with players who wants to play their role.

Prust needs support, because he's gonna get tired soon.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I like Moen and was happy we signed Armstrong, but both have been ass this year. White hasn't been the same since getting shoved up in the press box, either.

I want a team that pushes others around, and that can't get pushed around. The way the Habs USED to be.

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
Bruins were leading by one and they tried to goon it up. Then Prust dropped the gloves against Lucic. And we won. On the toughness front, we still have not heard from Moen.

PS I admit: this recap was written by a huge fan of Prust!

PPS I was happy when they re signed Moen but where is his toughness? I am not a fan of cerebral Moen.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I thought Armstrong had a little more to his game,I guess I was wrong. He floats pretty hard and rarely delivers a forecheck. Pretty bad when Gallagher hits harder than Moen or Colby at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad