Travis Moen&Colby Joseph Armstrong thread

MAYO

Dec 29, 2008
MONTREAL
Hey listen, I hear you guys when u complain that some of ur top liners are getting run over and no one seems to come to their aid. Christ, did u not see the hit that Brad Richards took last night and no redemption. Here's the thing, in a shortened season every point counts and u have to stay away from the penalty box. You guys got the 2 points, move on to the next game. Until the league gets rid of the bull**** Instigator Rule, not much use to have a fourth line filled with goons.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
They aren't doing much. They aren't being as physical as I expected, not even close. Which is weird. I remember both as being gritty and physical. They haven't scored much. But that's ok. And they've been annoying for opponents. I get the feeling that their physical play has been toned down by our coaches. They've been playing good defensively. I think MT wants these guys to focus more on defense and shut down rather than running into opponents.

I think we're just looking for things to complain about right now. In a way it's a good thing that we can only really complaining about the 4th line. But at the same time, they've been playing well. Nothing flashy, but they've been good.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
If you have to complain about the FOURTH line not looking dominant - you know you have a good team.

Moen can be as passive as a butterfly, as long as he's not costing us goals against regularly or getting beat on every play - he's better than the average 4th line. That's it, I don't really care for his listless play but he's barely noticable out there. I'm more annoyed at Bouillon getting huge minutes, and Gionta playing one game out of ten and being such a useless turd the other nine games. Who gives a damn about our 4th line anyway?

niftymove

Jul 13, 2010
No PK or Emelin devasting hits like last year, White and Moen playing like girls.

Something weird when your hardest hitters are BGally and Eller!

Must be a new coach strategy and I guess I misunderstood MT when he said, on season start, that the Habs would be a tough team to play against this year.

I mean not the king of toughness I was expecting.....

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
They aren't doing much. They aren't being as physical as I expected, not even close. Which is weird. I remember both as being gritty and physical. They haven't scored much. But that's ok. And they've been annoying for opponents. I get the feeling that their physical play has been toned down by our coaches. They've been playing good defensively. I think MT wants these guys to focus more on defense and shut down rather than running into opponents.

I think we're just looking for things to complain about right now. In a way it's a good thing that we can only really complaining about the 4th line. But at the same time, they've been playing well. Nothing flashy, but they've been good.

Exactly. It's not a coincidence that Prust gets to run around more than Moen and Armstrong, given his zone usage and linemates.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
We need to replace them with players who wants to play their role.

Prust needs support, because he's gonna get tired soon.

I'm so surprised Prust is not tired already...he's done so much for our Habs.

We all loved Moen when he was doing 3/4 of what Prust is doing now (I kept thinking Moen needed help back then...now I'm thinking this with Prust...what the ****...can't they all be good at what they do at the same time!!).

Therrien has got to tell Moen, White to help Prust out (while staying disciplined).
And I beleive White will help Prust...he's just on a leash right now and is trying to adjust to it! (needs to gain Therrien's trust again...imo Therrien should also learn to trust White 'cause White is such a team player...doesn't play for himself...he plays for the team and always protects his teammates...isn't that what Therrien is all about...the team? give White your confidence and he will pay you back like that good loyal friend).

But...Prust can't do it all by himself.
And we need him FRESH for the playoffs...I don't want his gas tank to be empty (Therrien must think about this...since there's still 2 months of hockey to play before playoffs...Prust has done so much...time for others to help 'cause I don't want to see Prust get injured or get exhausted...I'm going to get so pissed off...#$%^&*#$%^#$).

I hope Therrien can light a fire under Moen's ***.
('cause I really miss the old-Moen...a true warrior for us, playoffs warrior,etc... he was so darn good...the black eye days which wasn't that long ago... I really really miss that Moen...what the **** is going on).

Maybe Nokia will bring some energy and help Prust a bit??
All I know (and it's ****ing obvious)...Prust needs some major ****ing help and not in April...now tabarouette.
White, Moen...someone...help Prust.

Last edited:

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
Size

after watching Sesito play a bit and previous highlights... I hope MB would look to acquire him from VAN.
I like his skating for his size and could be a great 4th line banger. I would want him for hits more than just for fighting.

I know Moen and Army are OK on the PK but the 4th line is about changing the tempo of a game with big hits and these two guys just don't do it anymore

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I just can't believe some people in here keep saying Moen is doing his job and playing the way the coaches/organization expect from him. He's a disgrace on the ice. Not only didn't he go after McQuaid at all yesterday when McQuaid was obviously looking to start something, but he also just didn't lay a single hit on any player. Markov had 1 for christ sake. Ryder had 1. Moen had 0. He was -1, and lets Prust taking care of all the dirty stuff.

It's a shame, and it's a disgrace that a guy like Moen keeps looking elsewhere whenever those games happen. First against Toronto, now in Boston. He has no excuses. He's a 30 years old veteran who understands the game well and should stick up for his teammates way more than he's doing right now.

Best thing that could happen at this point is trading this sack of **** for a decent player who can do his thing and fight/hit/agitate whenever it's needed. It's just not ok to ask Prust to keep doing the same **** over and over again. He's going to end up getting hurt, and then, we'll be in huge ****ing trouble.

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile
If you have to complain about the FOURTH line not looking dominant - you know you have a good team.

Moen can be as passive as a butterfly, as long as he's not costing us goals against regularly or getting beat on every play - he's better than the average 4th line. That's it, I don't really care for his listless play but he's barely noticable out there. I'm more annoyed at Bouillon getting huge minutes, and Gionta playing one game out of ten and being such a useless turd the other nine games. Who gives a damn about our 4th line anyway?

in a wall(team), every brick counts....

EurOConnEcton

Feb 17, 2008
Montreal
Right now our most grittiest players are Prust, Gallagher* and Eller*. What in blue hell are White, Moen, Armstrong doing? How many Hits did they lay? Why dnt we just let Oaf Mcqauid and ***** Thornton have a carte blanche and run our whole team while were at it.

If it wasnt for Prust showing guts and even Emelin actually dropping the gloves with Chara we would looked like pure wimps. I know we do not want to take instigator penalty but **** if we continue to let this happen, were going to pay the price for it in injuries.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Moen was bad and all tonight, but what really is confusing me - why is he in the top 9?

The perennial question.

Jacques Martin Jedi mind tricks.

l.png

;)

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
I don't think Moen is a 100% healthy right now. Seriously, that has to be it.

Lionel Mandrake

I'm not sure why Bergevin thought he was worth 1.85m a year for 4 years. That's a head scratcher.

Man I thought it was only 2. Hopefully we can unload him before his stock drops. He's not needed if he's going to play like that on a 4th line.

Habtchum*

I don't think Moen is a 100% healthy right now. Seriously, that has to be it.

If he's injured, they should just give his place to Dumont right now.

Dumont centering Armstrong and White could be ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Again, both invisible tonight...:shakehead if my team is going to playoffs this year I want real warriors out there.

poor Prust.

I've been shouting this message all year- replace two of our 4th wingers for two bona fide heavyweights who don't mind dropping them. They can't be any worse than these two.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i understand why bergevin resigned moen. he was new on the job, saw a team of cupcakes and didn't want to lose an elite and tough penalty killer with size. thing is, he's not a regular fighter - or momentum changer- never has been. he will fight from time to time but not like prust. i would keep him and go find an enforcer. next year, armstrong is gone.

a team with moen, white, prust + HW is great

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad