Travis Moen&Colby Joseph Armstrong thread

NewHabsEra*

Id try to move Moen for a goon.. let Armstrong walk this summer..

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
About time Moen runs out of amnesty shots on HF. I was at the games last saturday and I saw Moen say no to a fight, 3 times! Get a real 4th liner with size to protect the top 9 like Prust does and lime White was doing in the past. Look at teams like Chicago, Boston and St Louis, their team toughness concept revolves around having big players if things get out of hand, and clearly Travis Moen is not that player for us. Trade him for Boilig and a pick.

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
Moen and Armstrong are so useless it's not even funny. I'd replace any of them by freaking Colton Orr right now goddamit.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I don't remember who said this but of the player that left Montreal, was it Gill? refared to Moen as one of the guy who cared the most about the Habs in the locker room, i'm pretty sure he's injured, the guy has always played with heart.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Moen - White - Armstrong can give us 10-12 minutes of solid mistake free hockey. They'll hit when they need to hit, eat up minutes, and chip the puck along the boards. They can take care of themselves when need be. You want a ****ing line brawl? It's a decent fourth line. Dependable, solid, and playing simple hockey.

Why do you guys want to play like the Bruins? Look at the scoreboard my friends.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
NHL Statistician ‏@NHL_STATS

Travis Moen (-1) and Colby Armstrong (-2): 0 hits and 0 hits, total, 0 hits. This game was in BOS. Unreal. Unacceptable. Useless.
Retweeted by Mathias Brunet

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Moen and Armstrong are so useless it's not even funny. I'd replace any of them by freaking Colton Orr right now goddamit.

That would be a terrible idea. Moen and Armstrong don't need to be making big plays and getting noticed. They'll up the intensity, and be a very good line going forward. Very comfortable with them on the ice, especially in the playoffs.

Habtchum*

I like Moen and was happy we signed Armstrong, but both have been ass this year. White hasn't been the same since getting shoved up in the press box, either.

I want a team that pushes others around, and that can't get pushed around. The way the Habs USED to be.

It was a game made for White. Where was he ?

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
It was a game made for White. Where was he ?

Staying out of the box and avoiding being lured into letting emotion get the best of you? You can't cloud your head with that **** by getting annoyed by the Bruins. It's like swatting at a fruit fly. Who gives a ****, you ignore it and it's not even meaningful. Unless White can drop the gloves with a top-six on the Bruins and get them out of the game for a 5 minutes, there's no point. Cooler heads prevail

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
moen, is old, needs a break. too many games in so few nights, he'll bounce back next year. same with colby (if he's here) because they're no extremely conditioned athletes. guys like gallagher and subban should thrive of all these games. they're in peak physical condition.

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile
moen, is old, needs a break. too many games in so few nights, he'll bounce back next year. same with colby (if he's here) because they're no extremely conditioned athletes. guys like gallagher and subban should thrive of all these games. they're in peak physical condition.

so its ok then??? ...this season doesn't count ...let's do it again next year lol

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Holy ****, even after our biggest win of the season some of you are still *****ing :shakehead Did you see Paille & Campbell tonight? No and they have the same role as these two but I don't see the Bruins asking for them to GTFO. Complaining about our 4th line players is not only demonstrating how well our team is doing but also nitpicking on things that are non-issues. I checked the Ryan White thread and people said he became soft, do you want these players to just be wreckless and take dumb penalties which is what we were crucifying White earlier this year for? We won tonight's game and the one against the Leafs because we kept our cool and stayed discipline instead of making us change our game. I'm not worried about Moen & Armstrong, Moen played the same way in his first year in MTL under Jacques Martin and people were bashing him for the same reasons that I'm seeing in this thread and guess what? He showed up when it mattered the most; in the playoffs and in the last stretch of the season. That's what these type of players do.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
They have been getting increasingly thankless assignments. Moen, Armstrong and White's offensive zone start %s are 33, 27.3 and 27.1 respectively. Considering their main task on so many shifts is just to get the puck out of their own zone before going to the bench, they've been doing fine.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
I don't remember who said this but of the player that left Montreal, was it Gill? refared to Moen as one of the guy who cared the most about the Habs in the locker room, i'm pretty sure he's injured, the guy has always played with heart.

Yeah, first thought that came to mind was maybe he's still not 100%. He came back from injury.

I think some people just cared too much about what the RDS A.C. crew say. Lots of them just like to swing crap at someone.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

I dont know if he's injured or something but he's playing his worst hockey since being a Habs, even on the defensive side of the game and on the PK he is so so.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Moen might just be suffering from the post-lockout syndrome. Plus the fact that his role as been 'stolen' by Brandon Prust, let's remember that Prust is doing exactly all the things Moen was doing before this season.

He gets less ice-time so it might be harder for him to get back his game mentality up, plus getting his motivation might be an issue when he knows he will probably never get his role back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad