Travel Thread [Football, Tickets, Sightseeing, Etc.]

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Everything is expensive unfortunately
Not if you go to SE Asia. I haven't been to the region, but I got brethren who went and supposedly you can get crazy good meals for as much as six US dollars and president suites for 150 US dollars.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not if you go to SE Asia. I haven't been to the region, but I got brethren who went and supposedly you can get crazy good meals for as much as six US dollars and president suites for 150 US dollars.
Duly noted

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Eastern Europe is also relatively cheap, in my experience. I've heard the Balkans are fairly affordable, and I can personally speak to Hungary, Poland, and Romania, although this is almost a decade ago now.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I still believe that Budapest is one if Europe's hidden gems.
It's less hidden than it once was. I actually really liked Bucharest.

My next big trip is to ski the French Alps, but after that, my next big trip to Europe will be either the Balkans, the Baltics, or Scandinavia.

Reactions: S E P H

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lyon:

Reynon - charcuterie

Le Cafe Comptoir Abel - bistro pub

Maison Troisgris or anything Paul Bocuse- if you don’t care about spending money

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Haven't posted in here in a bit!

Made it to Doha last November for the Men's World Cup. Saw 8 games in 6 days. Didn't really do too much outside of the football, not a whole lot to see in Qatar. I did enjoy my long layover in Abu Dhabi and checked out the Grand Mosque which was stunning.

This spring I spent a week in London with one of my friends. By far the longest trip I had to the UK, and my first time in London proper since 2014. I enjoyed the city a lot more than I had in the past, and will definitely be back again. He's a big Spurs fan (and I like 'em too), so we did a stadium tour and also caught Spurs/Bournemouth. Fun time, despite the result.

Did Wellington and Auckland for the Women's World Cup last month. Saw the last 2 US group stage games as well as the Philippines/Norway match. Had a good time but I admit, I got spoiled by the closeness of the games in Qatar. It was my first time in NZ and I was trying to do it as affordably as possible, so I didn't rent a car. I regret it a bit, as I didn't get to explore nearly as much as I wanted. I'll definitely be making a return trip though.

This season I'm going to try really hard to get to Goodison Park before it closes. Will try and pair it up with a Portsmouth away day. I've got a direct flight to Manchester from Atlanta, which works out decently well.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
A question for the experienced travellers. Should I bring just US dollars or a mix of US dollars, Kenyan Shilling and Tanzanian Shilling?
Usually it's better to exchange in destination. So I would bring dollars and exchange there. Or withdraw if you have no commissions with your bank

Depends on which country. I was just in Philippines and didn't find it that cheap regarding meals, other stuff it was really cheap like clothes or tours though

Reactions: Juve and S E P H

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Depends on which country. I was just in Philippines and didn't find it that cheap regarding meals, other stuff it was really cheap like clothes or tours though
McDonald's probably has similar pricing so you shouldn't be surprised.

Clothing is one where it has to be really "special" or unattainable online. Living in the States it's so much cheaper shopping for clothing than abroad.

• Haha
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Haven't posted in here in a bit!

Made it to Doha last November for the Men's World Cup. Saw 8 games in 6 days. Didn't really do too much outside of the football, not a whole lot to see in Qatar. I did enjoy my long layover in Abu Dhabi and checked out the Grand Mosque which was stunning.

This spring I spent a week in London with one of my friends. By far the longest trip I had to the UK, and my first time in London proper since 2014. I enjoyed the city a lot more than I had in the past, and will definitely be back again. He's a big Spurs fan (and I like 'em too), so we did a stadium tour and also caught Spurs/Bournemouth. Fun time, despite the result.

Did Wellington and Auckland for the Women's World Cup last month. Saw the last 2 US group stage games as well as the Philippines/Norway match. Had a good time but I admit, I got spoiled by the closeness of the games in Qatar. It was my first time in NZ and I was trying to do it as affordably as possible, so I didn't rent a car. I regret it a bit, as I didn't get to explore nearly as much as I wanted. I'll definitely be making a return trip though.

This season I'm going to try really hard to get to Goodison Park before it closes. Will try and pair it up with a Portsmouth away day. I've got a direct flight to Manchester from Atlanta, which works out decently well.
Since we got a lot of peeps heading to London, any advice for the city?

Right now I'm in Sydney and loving it
Take a pic of the opera house.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Since we got a lot of peeps heading to London, any advice for the city?
I ended up in London 3 times in the past year. Each time there were some kind of strikes going on with the Tube system. I'm unsure if they are still going on, if they are it will likely take some extra planning if you are not in the City proper.

• Wow
Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino