Travel Thread [Football, Tickets, Sightseeing, Etc.]

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think we have enough travellers or interest in travelling on this board to keep everything on one place. I was thinking of having this thread as overall travel, but also including travelling for football, how to purchase away tickets, and what to see in certain cities across Europe and the world.

Reactions: robertmac43

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I want to start off by wanting to know @Evilo thoughts on Honfleur? I get it that tourists either go to Paris or southern France for basically everything, but is the place worth the visit besides just walking around the medieval town? I found it randomly and thought it was beyond pretty.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Honfleur is a nice little town (very little), typical of this normandy coast. It's near Deauville with the cinema festival.
If you're in Normandy and visit the landing beaches, why not? But don't go there just to visit it.
Also in Normandy you have the Mont Saint Michel, often called 8th wonder of the world (and frankly deserving of the title).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Honfleur is a nice little town (very little), typical of this normandy coast. It's near Deauville with the cinema festival.
If you're in Normandy and visit the landing beaches, why not? But don't go there just to visit it.
Also in Normandy you have the Mont Saint Michel, often called 8th wonder of the world (and frankly deserving of the title).
So the region (Normandy) has a lot to see, but the town itself doesn't really have anything substantial besides it being beautiful? Yes I always wanted to visit Mont Saint Michel.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So the region (Normandy) has a lot to see, but the town itself doesn't really have anything substantial besides it being beautiful? Yes I always wanted to visit Mont Saint Michel.
Yeah pretty much. But it's close to the landing beaches though.
Also the north of Manche is beautiful. Barfleur is often named as one of the most beautiful villages in France.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yea I've considered it too. Extreme planning, luck, and for Ukraine to not kick off. If it does surely they'll move it.
UEFA you mean? Yeah the final is absolutely getting moved if Russia invades Ukraine. However, the game is in St. Petersburg and that city is amazing if Russia decides to take the moral road. I think there are way more interesting attractions there than in Moskov.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
UEFA you mean? Yeah the final is absolutely getting moved if Russia invades Ukraine. However, the game is in St. Petersburg and that city is amazing if Russia decides to take the moral road. I think there are way more interesting attractions there than in Moskov.

Yeah I'd rather go there than Moscow. Flying out of LA to St. Petersburg isn't too bad though. Just a stop in Helsinki. If Liverpool makes the final I'm thinking about it.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Re: Barcelona, it’s been a few years since I’ve last been there But I thought it was a fantastic city. To @Savi ‘s point, there is a lot to see away from the touristy stuff. On one of my trips I had a Gaudi walking guide book and there was one of his buildings off the beaten path that is now just an apartment building. People who lived in the neighborhood were walking right by as if it wasn’t even there.

Next time I go to Spain Seville will be top of the list followed by San Sebastián. Whole country sounds amazing though.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
San Sebastian is unbelievable.

Maybe biased but Barcelona is a great city to live as a young guy. I think I would not want to live here if I had a family and nearing retirement, though. But for now? Great. Anything any of you need regarding the city you ask here or message me

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium

Maybe biased but Barcelona is a great city to live as a young guy. I think I would not want to live here if I had a family and nearing retirement, though. But for now? Great. Anything any of you need regarding the city you ask here or message me

You actually live in the city center?

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona

Let's go catch an ice hockey game in the Palau de Gel one day.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I live in the old olympic village, in front of the mapfre towers near the beach :D
Wow, that is awesome. I always wonder about the European-based posters that are HF boards Soccer, what got you into hockey? and what got you on HF?

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Wow, that is awesome. I always wonder about the European-based posters that are HF boards Soccer, what got you into hockey? and what got you on HF?

Nhlpa 93 on SNES and MegaDrive. I found HF simply by browsing the web...obviously many years later-

Jul 26, 2007
Vermont
Nhlpa 93 on SNES and MegaDrive. I found HF simply by browsing the web...obviously many years later-
Loved NHLPA93! My first was Blades of Steel on the NES, though I was first introduced to hockey by some family friends from Finland.

Regarding football, I'm a born and raised Londoner and you'll never be short of a game or seven if you head there.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Read about Mario in Hockey Magazine. I was going to the states every now and then and fell in love with hockey.
Not until 2001 did I see Mario live in the Igloo with Jagr, Kovalev, Straka and Lang.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England

Studied in America. Detroit were still the "Dead Things" to the locals, who all told me that they would never win a cup with Yzerman. They had all these really exciting young players though - Fedorov, Kozlov, Konstantinov, Lidstrom......oh, and EA Hockey on the Megadrive :D

I can't even remember how I made my way to HFBoards. I'm old enough to remember the old Thunderpuck forums.

Reactions: al secord

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Bought NHL 05 in a newspapers offer lol, it was cheap I thought why not. Became attached from the very first game to this sport. Amazing.

I have no idea how I found hfboards. I guess I was looking information about Stamkos before he was drafted by tampa :D

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Would love to see everyone’s “Best Of” list, where if you had to pick one city per country where that would be.

Reactions: robertmac43

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Got into hockey same way as most of us.. due to the video game.
My favourite in-game player was Martin St. Louis so started following him and TB soon after, and watching games at 1 A.M. on schoolnights lol.
Hfboards was the most prominent hockey board I think so that's probably how I ended up here.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00