GDT: Training Camp Thread 2013 - It's Back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Dvorak could score, though. PRV's complete inability to generate offence should be a major cause for concern.
Excluding one miraculous year with the Rangers Dvorak was a sub 20 goal scorer. His best with the Oilers was 15G. And of course he put up that wonderful 2 assists in 16 playoff games in the '06 run.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
Our players get the flu every year. Why don't they just get flu shots?

They probably do. If only there was only one single type of illness. It may not be the flu (some strain of influenza) either.

I've never had any form of the flu in my life so it's amazing to me that these players get it so often

Eh, people misdiagnose "the flu" all the time.

The flu is short for influenza, and as such there's no such thing as a "stomach flu." But when people say "flu" they understand it's an illness that isn't toooo serious, but isn't trivial either.

It's like calling facial tissue "Kleenex" even though you may have a different brand I guess.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I've never had any form of the flu in my life so it's amazing to me that these players get it so often

I think being very physically active makes you a little more susceptible to the flu. Perhaps their bodies get a little rundown.

I work with a guy who is very serious about lifting, and he gets sick pretty often compared to the coach potatoes.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007

117092315-218x150.jpg

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Is that the same outfit from the last ATB advert?

Maybe Jordan's banking his salary. :laugh:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Well, if he gets a playmaker and a scorer on his line, those second assists are just going to pile up.

If he doesn't, that's just bad coaching.

HE HAS THE TOOLS, PEOPLE!!!

Easy boy...

It would be the first, or tenth, Swede to take > 2-3 years to adapt. Luckily for us he doesn't seem to mind the fact that the role he will be able to play on this team is 3rd liner.

Buh, I'm getting tired of this...

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I think being very physically active makes you a little more susceptible to the flu. Perhaps their bodies get a little rundown.

I work with a guy who is very serious about lifting, and he gets sick pretty often compared to the coach potatoes.

Is that the politically correct way of calling OilerTyler a lazy couch potato?

Just wondering :D

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Soo what's going on with Peckham? Is he overweight again? Man this guy was the one guy on our team that needed to play during the lockout.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Soo what's going on with Peckham? Is he overweight again? Man this guy was the one guy on our team that needed to play during the lockout.

Yes he is ...
No sure what we will do especially if we are keeping Paajarvi up.

Someone would have to go on IR to keep 8 Dmen up..

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Maybe they did. This year's version of the flu shot is about 40% effective according to the last report I read.

The majority of times people get sick, it's just a cold, which the flu-shot has no effect on anyways.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab

I got sick way more often when I played sports then I have in the last 10 years or so. I think it has to do with the fact that by the time you are off the ice you are so drained that your body doesn't have the energy left to properly fight off the flu. Not to mention, you are constantly around the same damned people, and if one guy gets sick, half the team gets sick.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I got sick way more often when I played sports then I have in the last 10 years or so. I think it has to do with the fact that by the time you are off the ice you are so drained that your body doesn't have the energy left to properly fight off the flu. Not to mention, you are constantly around the same damned people, and if one guy gets sick, half the team gets sick.

Plus they spend so much time travelling and on planes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad