GDT: Training Camp Thread 2013 - It's Back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Players travel a lot during the season. Lots of people coughing and sneezing at the various airports.

Sloth Slothersons*

I love hearing all the players saying how Nail's exciting, positive attitude is contagious around the locker room. Really good to hear! Also funny to read some of the tweets going back and forth between Yakupov and Eberle, Hall, RNH, etc. Sounds like he's fitting in quite nicely on and off the ice.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
If anyone has the Ford commercials with Gene Principe and Hall or Eberle...please for the love of all that is right do not post them. Poor kids were just dying on camera.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
BA8BjndCAAAl8ss.jpg:large

Great pic that Nail tweeted out lol

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Funny, Khabi pretty much says straight up on the Oilers web site in his video today that he's not injured, he's just not ready. I had a feeling. like I said, in the scrim highlights he looks pretty bad, that first goal he gives up was horrible.

I have a hunch it's exactly the same situation with Peckham.

Edit: Krueger basically says that Peckham wasn't in shape, and they're going to test him again on Monday.

Last edited:

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
TSN had a nice little Oilers segment tonight.
I'm pretty jealous a lot of teams get to kick their season off tomorrow.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
BTW that dude who posted the yak/schultz video after practice also posted them doing one timers:

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

May 15, 2003
E-town
Watching Yakupov's work ethic, curiosity and enthusiasm for even one day reminded me of those tapes of the 80s teams practicing led by Gretzky. Very excited about what #64's going to accomplish and drive his teammates to accomplish. Tuesday you could see he and Gagner competing in shooting drills. Made Sam better.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Watching Yakupov's work ethic, curiosity and enthusiasm for even one day reminded me of those tapes of the 80s teams practicing led by Gretzky. Very excited about what #64's going to accomplish and drive his teammates to accomplish. Tuesday you could see he and Gagner competing in shooting drills. Made Sam better.

So it's really:

RNH + Yakupov = Gretzky

Hall = Messier

Eberle = Kurri

Schultz = Coffey

MacKinnon = Anderson? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad