Training Camp Starts 12 Sep 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
Both Domi and Lessio are rookies.. the season is going to wear them down.

Doesnt it make sense to start Domi for his 8-9 game tryout to learn about the NHL, then bring up Lessio from the AHL where he should have been on the top line.

If Domi puts up a PPG, then Lessio will get his chance later with an injury. You can start with Domi and bring Lessio in later but you cant do it the other way around.

I could live with this strategy. I don't think a 9-game tryout will damage Domi irreparably. We have options if he struggles, inluding, hopefully, via trade once the defense shapes up.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
No Domi on the ice today for practice. Lessio also changes to number 22. I think we have our forward roster set.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Great. So who plays with Vrby and Hanzal? Korpikoski? Give me a break. Boedker-Ribs-Doan better be on fire together.

Yep. At least it will be a great defensive line to throw out there. All 4 lines are going to have to contribute.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
Yep. At least it will be a great defensive line to throw out there. All 4 lines are going to have to contribute.

We have tried this strategy before. The only time it has worked was when Whitney played with the Czechs. We need either another Whitney or the first line to dominate.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
@max_domi Had an amazing experience in Phx! Learned a lot & can't thank everyone enough! So pumped to get back at it with boys in London!

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Because 22 is a roster number. 51 is a random number the trainer hands you for camp.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think this was the right call. We are ensuring we don't have a repeat of Turris. I still would have preferred to have Lessio get more than 5 games at AHL level but his speed and size are a necessary commodity.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I think this was the right call. We are ensuring we don't have a repeat of Turris. I still would have preferred to have Lessio get more than 5 games at AHL level but his speed and size are a necessary commodity.

This is the best thing for Domi and that way next year he can come in and earn the 2nd line duties, which he should.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles

I'm fine with Lessio staying. I like his game. He's our little Lucicio.

But who occupies that 2nd line spot with the Czechs?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'm fine with Lessio staying. I like his game. He's our little Lucicio.

But who occupies that 2nd line spot with the Czechs?

Until Klesla is healthy and they can work a deal I suspect they will rotate Lessio and Korpikovski. Keep in mind Tippett's strength as a bench coach is his ability to identify who is on early in a game.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I kind of view him as second/third line tweener. Believe it was you that made the Upshall comparison. Good hard working player with great speed. Might not be able to create his own chances but if he finds chemistry with someone I don't see why he can't be in the top 6 eventually one day. He's a real hard worker and for now he might be able to come in and have a Winnik type rookie season. Provide some energy and a little bit of skill in the bottom 6. One thing Tip loves in his bottom 6 are tenacious players. Guys that play with some pace and and harass people in battles along the boards. Earn your turnovers. I think Lessio can provide this.

you just described Rob Klinkhammer.

speaking of which, which loved hearing Heethuis call Korpikoski to Klinkhammer on the radio feed last night. they could make a good line with Chips or Vermette and provide checking or scoring.

blown away if Lessio stays up once Biz is back.

Great camp for Domi.

by the way, the only way to prevent another Turris is to avoid drafting a d-bag.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
If any trades before the trade deadline are to be made, chances are it won't be made until at least a few games into the season when we really get a good look at how everyone is playing when it matters the most regardless of where the team is in the standings. Then again if we do make a trade or 2 it could be for where it's least expected as well.

So far Tippett and GMDM are doing well in this new test of working for an independent owner, hopefully the good work continues going forward.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Good problem to have but if Lessio becomes a legitimate top 6 player does that free up Boedker for a trade next summer?

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Good problem to have but if Lessio becomes a legitimate top 6 player does that free up Boedker for a trade next summer?

Could just move him to RW, Doan won't be there forever and Boeds can play there.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Boedker and Doan can play either wing and Moss is gone after this year, so it's likely Doan will move down to the 3rd line. I don't think we'll have a problem with a traffic jam on the wings. If anything, I think Korpi will be moved if Lessio develops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad