Training Camp Starts 12 Sep 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Would rather lose Summers, Schlemko or Klesla on a waiver claim than trade Gormley for less than a legit, stud, young scorer.

Chris Wojcik the Coyotes media relations guy tweeted a picture of the team at the D-Backs pool today and I'm ashamed to say I can only confidently face-check 4 of these guys. Is that Smith in the "Nixon" shirt? And Biz with the backwards baseball cap in the back?

#fakefan

picture.php

Why would you want to lose Schlemko or especially Klesla for nothing and who are both proven NHL players for a prospect? Right now, how is Gormley worth a legit, stud, young scorer.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Why would you want to lose Schlemko or especially Klesla for nothing and who are both proven NHL players for a prospect? Right now, how is Gormley worth a legit, stud, young scorer.
Not all three, any one, because having the other two helps cover the loss of the one.

AND this (especially in Klesla's case) takes money / contract into consideration.

Gormley's making $1.3m and is cost-controlled for ... 4 more years?
Klesla's making $3m and is UFA this summer.
Schlemko's making $1.2m and is UFA next summer.

Klesla's the most valuable in a game right now (or, well, when healthy), but "Brandon Gormley The Asset" is far-and-away the most valuable, no?

A proven AND young scorer is probably a bridge too far (especially given the real players available in the market), but I'd rather lose Klesla to waivers right now (and save the money remaining) than lose the asset Gormley for a mediocre return. Not thrilled with either, but I've gotta think Gormley the asset has more value.
Ribeiro looks like a boy among men.
I'm putting together a UFC-themed GDT for the Kings game October 28ish. Mike Ribeiro is Demian Maia, a brainy 170lb grappling expert. Chris Brown is Shane Carwin, a 280lb brawler.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I'm putting together a UFC-themed GDT for the Kings game October 28ish. Mike Ribeiro is Demian Maia, a brainy 170lb grappling expert. Chris Brown is Shane Carwin, a 280lb brawler.

Too bad Domi isn't around.... he'd make a good Chris Leben

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Would rather lose Summers, Schlemko or Klesla on a waiver claim than trade Gormley for less than a legit, stud, young scorer.

Chris Wojcik the Coyotes media relations guy tweeted a picture of the team at the D-Backs pool today and I'm ashamed to say I can only confidently face-check 4 of these guys. Is that Smith in the "Nixon" shirt? And Biz with the backwards baseball cap in the back?

#fakefan

picture.php

Smith and Riberio look like the drug dealers on Breaking Bad.:)

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Korpi is looking huge. Wonder if that will help his game.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Yandle has superman hair and has his yacht shorts on. Maybe a proud member of the Scottsdale yacht club. But really though,
clark%2Bkent.jpg

Last edited:

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Korpi is looking huge. Wonder if that will help his game.

Well, it should certainly improve his strength on the puck/ability to battle along the boards, as well as delivering more effective hits. My concern though is that the additional bulk may affect Korpi's speed. Hopefully not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->