Training Camp Starts 12 Sep 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
I could see Latendresse and Brule both earning spots.

Latendresse-Ribeiro-Doan
Boedker-Hanzal-Vrbata
Korpi-Vermette-Moss
Klink-Chip-Brule

that is a 4th line that can actually score a little. I still don't see that as a weak team.

Doan, Hanzal, Moss, Chip, Klink are all pretty tough. Not too mention Brown, Yip, Biz can be plugged in when injuries hit.

And is Domi going to wear 15? That is awesome. That has always been my favorite jersey number. Zigomanis, Lombardi, etc

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Latendresse is also tough.
6 foot 2, 240 pounds. And he can score.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

Latendresse-Ribeiro-Doan
Boedker-Hanzal-Vrbata
Korpi-Vermette-Moss
Klink-Chip-Brule

that is a 4th line that can actually score a little. I still don't see that as a weak team.

Doan, Hanzal, Moss, Chip, Klink are all pretty tough. Not too mention Brown, Yip, Biz can be plugged in when injuries hit.

And is Domi going to wear 15? That is awesome. That has always been my favorite jersey number. Zigomanis, Lombardi, etc

GMDM pretty much assured Boeds would be with Ribs with his recent comments following Boedker's resigning.

I think he also said he wanted Korpi in a top-six spot, or was that DT? I'm not too sure on that one. It has been a while.

Boedker/Ribs/Doan
Korpi/Hanz/Vrby
Lats/Vermy/Moss
Klink/Chip/?

I'd probably rather have Lats on the second line, but if they go with what they said, it may be Korpi. Either way our lineup looks quite good to me, regardless of what people on HF say. That's a solid roster.

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
I like that roster too and I'm fine with the coaches working out which of those 3 LW to put with Ribs, Hanzal, and Vermette. I just want the ones out there together that have the most chemistry.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards

Latendresse-Ribeiro-Doan
Boedker-Hanzal-Vrbata
Korpi-Vermette-Moss
Klink-Chip-Brule

Bissonnette, Chipchura, Brown, and Doan (to an extent since he's old) are the only legit toughness.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I like that roster too and I'm fine with the coaches working out which of those 3 LW to put with Ribs, Hanzal, and Vermette. I just want the ones out there together that have the most chemistry.

Definitely. And we all know the lines never stay the same, just a specific winger/center combo.

Who knows, though. They sounded like they would likely give Domi NHL time and trade for another winger. I'm good with whatever at this point; just want the season to start.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
GMDM pretty much assured Boeds would be with Ribs with his recent comments following Boedker's resigning.

I think he also said he wanted Korpi in a top-six spot, or was that DT? I'm not too sure on that one. It has been a while.

Boedker/Ribs/Doan
Korpi/Hanz/Vrby
Lats/Vermy/Moss
Klink/Chip/?

I'd probably rather have Lats on the second line, but if they go with what they said, it may be Korpi. Either way our lineup looks quite good to me, regardless of what people on HF say. That's a solid roster.

DM did not say that. He said he's got as good a shot as anyone. Either way, I like the pieces we've got. Klesla for an AHL wing with upside and I'm a hppy man.

rt

May 13, 2004
Bissonnette, Chipchura, Brown, and Doan (to an extent since he's old) are the only legit toughness.

Chris Brown is the worst fighter I've ever seen (even Alex Semin "won" his debacle).

If Brown makes the roster and Bissonnette teaches him how to not lead with his head and eat punches like a heavy bag on Rikers Island, Biznasty (a excellent defensive fighter) will have done a tremendous service to this franchise.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Chris Brown is the worst fighter I've ever seen (even Alex Semin "won" his debacle).

If Brown makes the roster and Bissonnette teaches him how to not lead with his head and eat punches like a heavy bag on Rikers Island, Biznasty (a excellent defensive fighter) will have done a tremendous service to this franchise.

He needs to work on his fighting that's for sure. Although, he has actually fought some very impressive guys in the AHL.

The only reason he hasn't been tagged in the AHL yet is because he had a face shield blocking his face.

Wow. That was poor quality video there.

Dammit haha. Well the video showed a smaller guy like Ryan White getting in his face and pushing him around.

rt

May 13, 2004
His entire career suggests he's a sissy. Maybe not a sissy, but a guy who avoids contact and stays out of the rough stuff whenever possible.

He's Peter Mueller. But less stupid and entitled. Which is precisely what I was hoping for in a dirt cheap option to flank Ribs.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
DM did not say that. He said he's got as good a shot as anyone. Either way, I like the pieces we've got. Klesla for an AHL wing with upside and I'm a hppy man.

Didn't say what? I'm not sure which part you are referring to.

I really like Klesla. I'd hope that we could get something better than that.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Nothing in that video suggests that he is a sissy. His team just lost and the game is over. Some plug wants to fight him but he politely declines. So what?

Okay, say what you want. But I think its wishful thinking if you think he's going to bring a rough game along with his scoring.

rt

May 13, 2004
Didn't say what? I'm not sure which part you are referring to.

I really like Klesla. I'd hope that we could get something better than that.

The Boedker with Ribeiro part.

I like Klesla too. We can't afford him. I meant AHL forward already with NHL upside. As in not a junior forward or draft pick. Somebody a little closer to the show.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
The Boedker with Ribeiro part.

I like Klesla too. We can't afford him. I meant AHL forward already with NHL upside. As in not a junior forward or draft pick. Somebody a little closer to the show.

No disrespect, but is that what you consider Sgarbossa to be? Dude has played 6 NHL games without a point, and it took him 5 OHL seasons to have a good year statistically.

rt

May 13, 2004
No disrespect, but he turned 21 years old a month ago. I think you need to take a look at how players traditionally break into this league. Usually it's a little bit at a time and not great long while before 21. Guys like Korpikoski, Ribeiro, Hanzal, Vermette, and Vrbata for example.

EDIT: your hockeydb stat reading needs a re-check, btw. The teams are changing, but the years aren't.

Third year OHL: 63gp 36g 46a 82pts 1.30ppg

EDIT: his 16yo OHL season was actually pretty goddamned excellent for a scrawny little under ager on a god awful team. Sixth in the OHL scoring for U-17s that season behind Tyler Seguin, Ryan Spooner, John McFarland, Jeff Skinner and Tyler Toffoli that season.

EDIT: and yeah, he is an AHL player closer to the show than an amateur or a draft pick. Actually, last season as 20 year old rookie in his first pro season, there were only six other guys under 21 with more points in that league. Most a little older than him and most not rookies.

Last edited:

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
No disrespect, but he turned 21 years old a month ago. I think you need to take a look at how players traditionally break into this league. Usually it's a little bit at a time and not great long while before 21. Guys like Korpikoski, Ribeiro, Hanzal, Vermette, and Vrbata for example.

EDIT: your hockeydb stat reading needs a re-check, btw. The teams are changing, but the years aren't.

Third year OHL: 63gp 36g 46a 82pts 1.30ppg

EDIT: his 16yo OHL season was actually pretty goddamned excellent for a scrawny little under ager on a god awful team. Sixth in the OHL scoring for U-17s that season behind Tyler Seguin, Ryan Spooner, John McFarland, Jeff Skinner and Tyler Toffoli that season.

EDIT: and yeah, he is an AHL player closer to the show than an amateur or a draft pick. Actually, last season as 20 year old rookie in his first pro season, there were only six other guys under 21 with more points in that league. Most a little older than him and most not rookies.

I was honestly curious, not sarcastic. I was under the impression that Sgarbossa was a lot older than he was. But hey, if we trade Klesla for Sgarbossa or a player similar to Sgarbossa you can kick me in the nuts, because I'm almost positive it's not going to happen.

rt

May 13, 2004
I was honestly curious, not sarcastic. I was under the impression that Sgarbossa was a lot older than he was. But hey, if we trade Klesla for Sgarbossa or a player similar to Sgarbossa you can kick me in the nuts, because I'm almost positive it's not going to happen.

My bad. Sounded sarcastic. You are right though. We will almost certainly not get a kid who was an AHL All Star in his rookie season at age twenty for one season of Rusty Klesla. It's more likely we just get a third round pick.

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
My bad. Sounded sarcastic. You are right though. We will almost certainly not get a kid who was an AHL All Star in his rookie season at age twenty for one season of Rusty Klesla. It's more likely we just get a third round pick.

I would definitely jump at Sgarbossa but I agree that a 3rd rounder is much more likely at this point.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006

I'm thinking once Klesla moves on here soon. Either through trade or at seasons end. We'll see him wear number 16 eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad