Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
My calculations already had Cehlarik traded,still need 1 more player gone
Regarding Backes he looks like he did 5 years ago,big,wide ,power forward not the pasty,gaunt sickly guy we had last year,now is gonna score 20 goals? Doubtful but he'll contribute where he can,I dont see Management sending him down to Providence or they would have had him playing with the B team Monday night to send him a message

I've often thought he came back much too soon after his colon surgery. I'm glad to hear he at least looks more like his old self, maybe his play will pick up as well now that he's feeling better.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I thought we already have not one but two whipping boys: David Backes & Danton Heinen. You mean there's a third???? :dunno:

I mean you have to start to groom someone right? lol. Backes may only have 1-2 years left (Although people will complain about his contract for the next 10-15 yeras) and if Heinen gets back to his rookie season form it'll be tough to complain. I mean its an odd choice for a 3rd whipping boy, but someone has to fill the role.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I mean you have to start to groom someone right? lol. Backes may only have 1-2 years left (Although people will complain about his contract for the next 10-15 yeras) and if Heinen gets back to his rookie season form it'll be tough to complain. I mean its an odd choice for a 3rd whipping boy, but someone has to fill the role.

BD seems to have one bottom 6 guy he hates every year- Riley Nash, then Noel, now it looks like Lindholm. It's more amusing than anything. I don't believe he ever thought these guys were responsible for any lack of success the Bruin have experienced in all fairness

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
When it comes to Vaak/Lauzon, I think Sweeney will decide where they are going with Krug, potentially even prior to the season starting. If he wants to be here for 6-7 mill per year, I'd get him signed long term. If he's looking for north of 8 million, I work on a trade asap and get Vaak on this team, potentially grabbing a top 6 RW in the process

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Axel Andersson isn't at camp today.

Wonder if he was sent to Moncton

No Vladar either

Edit: Cameron Hughes and Brendan Woods also not out there today

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Axel Andersson isn't at camp today.

Wonder if he was sent to Moncton

No Vladar either

Edit: Cameron Hughes and Brendan Woods also not out there today

I imagine he'll go to Providence camp before a decision is made to send him to the Q. I know Moncton is waiting rather impatiently. They are still counting on him joining the team.

AA was an insurance policy for the B's in case Carlo and McAvoy hadn't signed. That's done now so no big incentive to keep him around. Best to send him where it's best for his development.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I imagine he'll go to Providence camp before a decision is made to send him to the Q. I know Moncton is waiting rather impatiently. They are still counting on him joining the team.

AA was an insurance policy for the B's in case Carlo and McAvoy hadn't signed. That's done now so no big incentive to keep him around. Best to send him where it's best for his development.
Good stuff as always.

Thank You!

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Hughes is hurt
Haven't seen Woods at all
No Senyshyn either,possible maintenance day for him?
Isn't Woods just an AHL contract? I know Zech is but maybe they just told him to wait until Providence camp opens? Too bad they could use him against the Flyers who have Issac Ratcliffe, Andy Andreoff, Chris Stewart and Kurtis Gabriel on the roster at forward and Philippe Myers and Sam Morin on D.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Glad to see you back after the summer and also see you have a new whipping boy for the year :laugh:

Good to be back, although I'm going to be far less active this year. The time just isn't there these days. But I had to get my licks in on Lindholm early.

I thought we already have not one but two whipping boys: David Backes & Danton Heinen. You mean there's a third???? :dunno:

For BDust, yeah :D

BD seems to have one bottom 6 guy he hates every year- Riley Nash, then Noel, now it looks like Lindholm. It's more amusing than anything. I don't believe he ever thought these guys were responsible for any lack of success the Bruin have experienced in all fairness

I do, I was right about Riley Nash (bum) and to a lesser degree about Acciari who was very overrated defensively IMO but probably better offensively than I gave him credit for. I'm glad both are gone, sad that they found a need to bring in a stiff of a player in Par Lindholm. He's not even that good at face-offs. What does he bring? Good positioning and awareness I guess. He's more Riley than he is Acciari, just total vanilla player.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Isn't Woods just an AHL contract? I know Zech is but maybe they just told him to wait until Providence camp opens? Too bad they could use him against the Flyers who have Issac Ratcliffe, Andy Andreoff, Chris Stewart and Kurtis Gabriel on the roster at forward and Philippe Myers and Sam Morin on D.
Lots of AHL only deals in camp and he's listed on the camp roster

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Last year you could add Nordy and Krug, they were constant whipping boys in the GDT's. God forbid if they made a mistake or missed a hit. Funny they ended up being 2 of the best playoff performers for us.

Reactions: BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When it comes to Vaak/Lauzon, I think Sweeney will decide where they are going with Krug, potentially even prior to the season starting. If he wants to be here for 6-7 mill per year, I'd get him signed long term. If he's looking for north of 8 million, I work on a trade asap and get Vaak on this team, potentially grabbing a top 6 RW in the process
If they offer Krug between 6.5-7 M for 6 years I’d expect him to take it

The Bruins would then likely protect Carlo McAvoy and Krug. Vaakanainen and Zech would not need to be protected

Exposed would be Grzelcyk Moore Clifton Zboril Lauzon

Assuming they are all still here

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014

There's always Tuukka waiting at the end of the tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad