Confirmed with Link: Training Camp 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
I'm still worried Galchenyuk's week to week turns into months. That happens a lot around here.
Heck, I'm hoping he returns by DECEMBER. I bet it's a groin or hamstring issue, I tore both and it took me about a month to not feel any pain. HOWEVER, him being a professional athlete, I'm sure they DO NOT want a re-injury, which would be devastating.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I really don't like this player but thoughts on Strome for Alex Nylander? He fills a need at RW, if anything.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Same. Just trying to identify other prospects who made need a change. This is 3 years where Nylander has failed to make the Sabres. But he hasn't looked very good in the A either.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
He has time to prove he's worth hanging onto. Lets hope he gets a chance to show that playing with some skilled players and not limited with 4th line minutes and 4th line talent.
Let's not forget how he played in Tucson last year and how he finished the season with the Coyotes.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He has time to prove he's worth hanging onto. Lets hope he gets a chance to show that playing with some skilled players and not limited with 4th line minutes and 4th line talent.
Let's not forget how he played in Tucson last year and how he finished the season with the Coyotes.
I’m a Strome fan. I think he should be given opportunities with favorable ice time in favorable situations with favorable linemates. I don’t believe the head coach believes in the player and I don’t believe the head coach is interested in giving him worthwhile opportunities.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't know. I think Tocchet is pretty open minded. This is sounding like Duclair all over again.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I’d be surprised if Strome is traded any time before mid-November. He has some time to prove he’s worth hanging onto.
Yup. On the fourth line with Archibald. We all know Archibald will be on the roster.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I’m a Strome fan. I think he should be given opportunities with favorable ice time in favorable situations with favorable linemates. I don’t believe the head coach believes in the player and I don’t believe the head coach is interested in giving him worthwhile opportunities.
You hit the nail on the head.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I don't know. I think Tocchet is pretty open minded. This is sounding like Duclair all over again.

It's a little weird to have prominent young players bounce off an organization on a pretty consistent basis, especially if some go on to success elsewhere. It's not normal.

Tocchet doesn't seem open minded at all. He has Andrew Brunette and wants another Keller.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Have we moved out any young players aside from Domi and Duclair? I don't care players from the Maloney/Tippett era.

We won the Duclair deal. Domi for Galchenyuk TBD.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Have we moved out any young players aside from Domi and Duclair? I don't care players from the Maloney/Tippett era.

We won the Duclair deal. Domi for Galchenyuk TBD.

Domi for Galchenyuk looks like a win on paper, but the jury is still out. If we don't jerk him around like Michel Therrien and Claude Julien did then he should thrive here.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

This is exactly my opinion on Strome. Get out of my head!

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It's a little weird to have prominent young players bounce off an organization on a pretty consistent basis, especially if some go on to success elsewhere. It's not normal.

Tocchet doesn't seem open minded at all. He has Andrew Brunette and wants another Keller.
Success elsewhere=Runblad/Gormley/Duke, anyone else kill it elsewhere? You guys are funny, first Tip was an idiot with young players, now its Tocc. If Strome doesn't make it here, he won't elsewhere either (In the NHL). It's not the teacher, its the student:)

Reactions: Lilhoody

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Strome is just going to take some time...it is just now that his skating looks adequate. Now, he really needs to work on gaining strength...we all want him to have immediate success, especially because he was the 3rd overall pick, but the most likely scenario is that he won't hit his stride until 3yrs from now. We need to be patient with him and he could turn out to be a 50-60pt C, that will go along with our other 50-60pt C (Hayton, Stepan, Dvorak). The good news is that we've got a lot of guys that will put up pts in that range, and the good news is that you don't have to be paying gobs of money out to multiple players.

We've got Keller & OEL that will be earning big $$, hopefully Chucky does well too and we can pay him. But we as an organization can't afford too many guys that are superstars, so maybe by having a lot of really good depth will be cheap enough to keep for a long time.

Reactions: Edenjung

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Strome is just going to take some time...it is just now that his skating looks adequate. Now, he really needs to work on gaining strength...we all want him to have immediate success, especially because he was the 3rd overall.
Honestly, immediate success was 2 years ago.

Reactions: rt

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Strome is just going to take some time...it is just now that his skating looks adequate. Now, he really needs to work on gaining strength...we all want him to have immediate success, especially because he was the 3rd overall pick, but the most likely scenario is that he won't hit his stride until 3yrs from now. We need to be patient with him and he could turn out to be a 50-60pt C, that will go along with our other 50-60pt C (Hayton, Stepan, Dvorak). The good news is that we've got a lot of guys that will put up pts in that range, and the good news is that you don't have to be paying gobs of money out to multiple players.

We've got Keller & OEL that will be earning big $$, hopefully Chucky does well too and we can pay him. But we as an organization can't afford too many guys that are superstars, so maybe by having a lot of really good depth will be cheap enough to keep for a long time.

New strategy: Target prospects at the draft that are unlikely to have big cap hits in their future. Moneyball 2 point oh?

Reactions: Jagged Ice

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
True. But I think Hayton's skating is way better than Strome's, especially if you compare to when Dylan was at 18.

Reactions: rt

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I’m getting impatient.

We’ve now blown two top five picks on centers who may not even be nhl players, yet alone good ones.

everybody makes choices that can fire backwards, but i believe in him. He can play good. and we need someone who helps him to play good.

Let him play second line for a few games (5-6) and give the man ice time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad