Confirmed with Link: Training Camp 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
He's 20 and he absolutely has. I have concerns about his longevity but he's absolutely a stud young D.
Your homerism is way too much in this post. The Coyotes don't play him anywhere near stud D minutes and we aren't exactly the Preds.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I'd even add in the 1st round pick and strome but I would top 10 protect the pick.

Yeah, cause that kind of protection will help Ottawa a ton when Colorado gets 1OA with their pick next summer.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Same here. With protection.

Make that a top 3 protection if you do this.

Ottawa-fans probably hoped they would give away the 4OA, but the team just couldn't, cause that would be admitting they would be bad next year too.

But the right time to trade a first-rounder is after the lottery, so you know it's value.

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
Flat out 1 for 1, maybe.

Otherwise the GM who does this trade should be fired.

You really want to rely on Goligoski, Demers and Hjalmarsson for the foreseeable future?

Chychrun rounds out any top 4 talk really well and we have no guarantees on any of our prospects on the blue-line.

Reactions: Name Nameless

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
The only issue that I see is with regards to what Nylander is asking for salary-wise and how we negotiate that in. We can't offer Chychrun and Strome's entry level deals and not expect Toronto to kind of be back in the same boat that they were before this and for Arizona, I doubt that we magically have another $3-5 M to spend this first year of a long-term Nylander deal, as I am assuming we would want to sign Nylander long-term.

I would think that something like Goligoski (trade before his NTC kicks in next July 1st) would have to be included for the sake of salary addition and subtraction.

Goligoski, Strome, Merkley, 2020 top 10 protected 1st round pick

for

Nylander, Jesper Lindgren

??

I would elect to wait and see how this plays out. If we get closer to the time that Nylander must sign or miss the entire year and that gives a longer time to evaluate if Strome is not considered a part of our future plans via play, then we can see what mix of players would work. Providing a D to Toronto who is signed reasonably as Hainsey departs and provides insurance on Gardiner leaving via FA. Strome and Merkley kind of represent the same sort of value player - they may or may not make it to the NHL and may not make it easy to get there, but if they get there, either one has an opportunity to be steady contributor in the top 6 or 9. Merkley could wind up being Nylander-lite and be a solid contributor for the value provided. We already know that Strome has potential, but it needs to show sooner rather than later or we need to find a different team to take him and get him to that point. Seems like reasonable risk/reward for the Leafs, but they may only be interested if Chychrun is included and that would seem to be too much of a salary squeeze to take on b/c we have no room for error - it is playoffs or bust if we make this type of statement move.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Flat out 1 for 1, maybe.

Otherwise the GM who does this trade should be fired.

You really want to rely on Goligoski, Demers and Hjalmarsson for the foreseeable future?

Chychrun rounds out any top 4 talk really well and we have no guarantees on any of our prospects on the blue-line.

It's not a guarantee but Kyle Capobianco looks like the real deal.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Keep in mind Seattle could be taking Goligoski, so there's going to be a hole at LD already. If you move Chychrun, you need both POJ and Capo to work out in order to fill in the left side.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Your homerism is way too much in this post. The Coyotes don't play him anywhere near stud D minutes and we aren't exactly the Preds.

He's been injured, but also stuck behind both OEL and Goose on the left side. Only so many minutes to go around. I suspect this season you'll see Chychrun overtake Goligoski for those second pair minutes.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
He's been injured, but also stuck behind both OEL and Goose on the left side. Only so many minutes to go around. I suspect this season you'll see Chychrun overtake Goligoski for those second pair minutes.
That won't change my post. There is little evidence right now that he us a Stud D.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Chychrun is a 19-year-old physical freak. Nylander doesn't address a need for us.

For me right now I'd be badgering Ottawa to figure out what they want for Duchene.
Remember, we didn't draft Zadina.:) Nylander would indeed address a need for us. He can play c and rw.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'm not at that point yet, but what's a fair trade for Dylan Strome? (i.e., a prospect in a similar tier)

One name that came to mind was the Penguins' Daniel Sprong. Fills a need as right-handed RWer and Tocchet likes to dip into the Pittsburgh well. Sprong has been a bit of a pain for the Pens as well.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'm not at that point yet, but what's a fair trade for Dylan Strome? (i.e., a prospect in a similar tier)

One name that came to mind was the Penguins' Daniel Sprong. Fills a need as right-handed RWer and Tocchet likes to dip into the Pittsburgh well. Sprong has been a bit of a pain for the Pens as well.
Faulk?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
On another note, both Lazar and Aberg are on waivers. We were interested in Aberg last summer. I wonder if we take a crack.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Chychrun is a 19-year-old physical freak. Nylander doesn't address a need for us.

For me right now I'd be badgering Ottawa to figure out what they want for Duchene.
Sure, but why is Chychrun a physical freak and why do his ligaments break???? Agreed we need D and C though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad