Status
Not open for further replies.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Arizona Coyotes President of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Chayka announced today that the following 22 players from Rookie Camp have been invited to attend the Coyotes Veteran's Training Camp, which begins on Friday, September 14 at Gila River Arena.
VIEW: Training Camp Roster
Goalies | 2017-18 Team
Madsen, Merrick | Harvard (NCAA)
Prosvetov, Ivan | Youngstown (USHL)
Tendeck, David | Vancouver (WHL)
Defensemen 2017-18 Team
Bahl, Kevin | Ottawa (OHL)
Busby, Dennis | Flint (OHL)
Capobianco, Kyle | Tucson (AHL)
Dineen, Cam | Sarnia (OHL)
Gross, Jordan | Notre Dame (NCAA)
Hoefenmayer, Noel | Ottawa (OHL)
Joseph, Pierre-Olivier | Charlottetown (QMJHL)
Smereck, Jalen | Flint (OHL)
Forwards | 2017-18 Team
Burke, Brayden | Moose Jaw (WHL)
Gennaro, Matteo | Swift Current (WHL)
Hayton, Barrett | Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)
Jenik, Jan | Bili Tygri Liberec (Czech)
Kirk, Liam | Sheffield (EIHL)
Klima, Kelly | Chicoutimi (QMJHL)
Klima, Kevin | Chicoutimi (QMJHL)
Looke, Jens | Tucson (AHL)
Pederson, Lane | Tucson (AHL)
Schnarr, Nate | Guelph (OHL)
Steenbergen, Tyler | Swift Current (WHL)

Coyotes Announce 2018-19 Training Camp Roster

Last edited by a moderator:

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
That is a lot of capable defensemen on that roster. Methinks depth is one thing, but we have a pretty good stack of players who could easily be in the top 2 for many AHL teams when looking at the D who are in discussion in the 6th/7th spot.

Seems like we have the defensive assets to add to a trade should we decide to move on from some other forwards at any point in time and return a better forward.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Glad we're not wasting time with PTOs. They rarely ever get signed and as a result I think the other players don't see those guys as a legitimate threat.

Hope Tocchet makes a lot of early cuts so we can get down to the final roster more quickly. Get the final roster playing in a few preseason games.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
That is a lot of capable defensemen on that roster. Methinks depth is one thing, but we have a pretty good stack of players who could easily be in the top 2 for many AHL teams when looking at the D who are in discussion in the 6th/7th spot.

Seems like we have the defensive assets to add to a trade should we decide to move on from some other forwards at any point in time and return a better forward.
Call me crazy but I'm still hoping for a last minute trade for a top 6 RW.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
^ I could see Tocchet loving a guy like Wayne Simmonds. Question is what's the price and does Philly even want to trade him? It's tricky because I'd only want him on a 3-4 year extension (he's a pending UFA) given his style of play.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Glad we're not wasting time with PTOs. They rarely ever get signed and as a result I think the other players don't see those guys as a legitimate threat.

Hope Tocchet makes a lot of early cuts so we can get down to the final roster more quickly. Get the final roster playing in a few preseason games.
I agree. That was one of the mistakes he made last year.

Reactions: rt

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
While I don't imagine lines mean much at this point in camp, watching through some videos on the yotes site, looks like they had Galchenyuk skating with Perlini and Fischer. Strome skating with Grabner and Hinostroza.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
^ I could see Tocchet loving a guy like Wayne Simmonds. Question is what's the price and does Philly even want to trade him? It's tricky because I'd only want him on a 3-4 year extension (he's a pending UFA) given his style of play.
Any team would like a player like Simmonds, but he will be wanting a big contract, and the Flyers would be asking a lot. The way he plays his decline could happen quickly.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
I like the top lines on the squads with Dvorak out;
Panik-Stepan-Keller
Perlini-Galchenyuk-Fischer
Grabner-Strome-Hinostroza
Guessing Galchenyuk slides to wing on the PP and Strome centers the 2nd unit. Not concerned about having too many centers, it's the first day of camp and seems like good planning already. We might actually have the luxury of sitting a center after a bad game, not just wingers and D.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Panik-Stepan-Keller
Guessing Galchenyuk slides to wing on the PP and Strome centers the 2nd unit. Not concerned about having too many centers, it's the first day of camp and seems like good planning already. We might actually have the luxury of sitting a center after a bad game, not just wingers and D.
DVO will be one of our centers. They didn't sign him to sit him.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
There's a Russian saying that quantity has its own quality. Perhaps we need 6 centers. We can run 6 lines by double shifting wings. ?

Reactions: Fyreman

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
While I don't imagine lines mean much at this point in camp, watching through some videos on the yotes site, looks like they had Galchenyuk skating with Perlini and Fischer. Strome skating with Grabner and Hinostroza.
Strome and Grabner still seems like an awful fit to me. That's Dvo's spot. Strome is just keeping it warm for him.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Panik-Stepan-Keller

Many teams now run three skilled centres down the middle. The Blues went from just Schenn to Schenn-ROR-Bozak in a single summer. It's also good when you don't know what you'll get out of your wingers past one or two exceptional ones.

Galchenyuk on the RW makes sense on the PP since the circle on the right is his slot. I haven't watched enough Yotes to know if that interferes at all with Keller.

Reactions: Grimes

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Keller was mostly doing a point/RW rotation on the PP in the 2nd half of the season. So if Galchenyuk could rotate to the point on occasion that would work just fine.

Though our PP sucks ass and any scheme we were running we should probably stop running anyway :biglaugh:

Reactions: Kyle003p

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Strome and Grabner still seems like an awful fit to me. That's Dvo's spot. Strome is just keeping it warm for him.

Grabner is actually pretty similar to Warren Foegele, Strome's linemate at times in Erie. A guy you can give it to and he just goes. If you believe Strome's strength is passing to guys in space then Grabner is an ideal partner.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Keller was mostly doing a point/RW rotation on the PP in the 2nd half of the season. So if Galchenyuk could rotate to the point on occasion that would work just fine.

Though our PP sucks ass and any scheme we were running we should probably stop running anyway :biglaugh:

Galchenyuk is capable of being a left-handed Ovechkin Lite on the power play basically. Our strategy should be to deploy him at RW, draw the penalty killers to the left side and then feed him the puck.

Reactions: Yandover
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad