Confirmed with Link: Training Camp 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I'm wondering if keeping Hayton up for opening night is a message being sent to Strome. "Hey even with all the injuries, you need to earn your spot on this roster, we got a guy that can replace you".

It's not like he's difficult to replace. That being said, Hayton hasn't done anything either.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Time to start compiling a list of possible Strome trade scenarios?

Strome+ for Puljujarvi (crazy how just a few months ago the plus was on the other side)
Strome++ for Duchene (but do we have the dollars?)
Strome for Sprong
Strome for Alex Nylander
Strome for Honka
Strome for Ho-Sang (doubt we're interested in Ho-Sang, but who knows)
Strome for Bennett
Strome for Virtanen (yuck)
Strome for a Carolina D
Strome for Ducks RFA Nick Ritchie
Strome for Zacha
Strome for Logan Brown
Strome(+?) for Brett Howden
Strome for Morgan Frost

Just some ideas.

I'm still hoping for Strome. Sink or swim. Or, just swim. :nod:

Dirty Old Man

Anti-chatter Engine
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I’m starting to think Chayka has the social skills of Sheldon from Big Bang theory. He seems to struggle with the human relations side

I got to talk with him a couple of times at a STH event a year ago (same as AZviaNJ, I think), and he seemed perfectly fine...then again, people have made a similar Sheldon comment about me ("you don't watch Big Bang Theory? It seems like you *of all people* would like it"), so it may just be that we're birds of a feather.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Honestly wouldn't be shocked if Strome is sent down today. Something is just off about this whole thing.

I had that feeling for a long time.

I’ve had that sinking feeling for about a week or so now. I think he’s going to get sent down and demand a trade.

He doesn't have much leverage for a trade, but I believe we will trade him very soon.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Also despite the naysayers here, Strome still holding onto the 3rd line center spot.

That supports he naysayers, it doesn’t spite them. He’s on a line with Lawson Crouse and Laurent Dauphin. Clayton Keller stole his job. Strome should be a top six center with Dvorak and Galchenyuk our. Keller should be a winger. Strome on a third line of a depleted lineup with AHLers on his wings supports the idea that coaching doesn’t believe in him.

Reactions: RemoAZ

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
That supports he naysayers, it doesn’t spite them. He’s on a line with Lawson Crouse and Laurent Dauphin. Clayton Keller stole his job. Strome should be a top six center with Dvorak and Galchenyuk our. Keller should be a winger. Strome on a third line of a depleted lineup with AHLers on his wings supports the idea that coaching doesn’t believe in him.

By naysayers I was referring to those who thought he was AHL bound. If he is going to get cut today he should be the extra, not Hayton. It's indisputable at this point that Strome isn't seen in favorable light by the coaching staff and for good reason, I was never advocating against that.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

It seems like the first guy in the replies to that is right:

Other players may be signed to contracts but returned to the player’s junior club – most often this takes place between an NHL club and Canadian Major Junior teams (teams that play in the Ontario Hockey League, Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, or Western Hockey League, collectively the CHL). But 18 and 19-year-old players assigned to their team in the CHL do not count against the 50-contract maximum, until they have played at least 11 NHL games in one season.

Information on the 50-contract roster limit and 90-player maximum reserve list

So if that's the case he's only here for 9 and he still doesn't count while on the roster itself, which is kinda weird.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Perlini-Keller-Hinostroza
Panik-Stepan-Fischer
Crouse-Strome-Dauphin
Grabner-Richardson-Cousins

@Jakey53

Slot Galchenyuk/Dvo into Kellers spot and move keller back to the wing. Drop Vinnie and Fischer down a line each and I'm happy. Idk what to do about all these centers we suddenly have....

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
The second line of Panik-Stepan-Fischer has a lot of jam to it. Interesting that the first line is a lot of speed with skill and the second is a bit bigger with jam. 3rd is an interesting one... I like Crouse with Strome (chemistry reasons) but I don't know about Dauphin. It would be nice to have someone who scores/has a nice shot in that spot but maybe Dauphin can do so? Last line is solid for a 4th too, imo.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
yeah, this is why Grabner shouldn't be on that 4th line. Grabner is fast and wicked. He should be on the wickety line.

Thing is, it's not really the 4th line Because that Grabner is on it. I'd bet good money they play more minutes than the Strome line.

In a way the line makes some sense. If you're intending to play losstickybois 13-14 minutes a night again, stickybois v2 now with more goal scoring (Grabner) actually makes sense.

It doesn't make any sense long term of course but well that hasn't seemed to stop anyone around here before.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
If they would just flip Dauphin for Grabner in that line up, I’d feel 100x better.
I was screaming the same thing when I saw those lines. Strome's strengths are in his playmaking ability, so give him someone who can put the puck in the net ffs. Strome doesn't need to be in between our top two players to succeed, he did fine with Domi and Zac freaking Rinaldo last season, but gtfo with this Dauphin crap.

Grabner is gonna score more shorties than 5on5 goals if he's stuck with the stickybois, so how bout we stop wasting his shot and slot him with the center who likes to pass and power forward who can retrieve pucks and stand in front of the net to bang home rebounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->