Trades & Free Agency Talk XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Puljujarvi looks awful. Like an Ek who can't play defense, or C.

You'd take Larsson for Coyle? Wow.

Overall, you are targeting some really mediocre players that in most cases are worse than Coyle.

Coyle is mediocre too and has been for the last year now, he's a larger Ennis. Yes, I'll take an actual center that plays hard every night for Coyle.

I'm not sure why people think Coyle is going to get a good return:
- The last calendar year (83 games) he's had 13g/28a.
- He's in his 7th season and has 1 x 20g season, 1 x 50p season, and 2 total 40p seasons.
- He's doesn't have the resume a Playoff performer.
- He's on pace for an 11g/25a (36p) season this year.
- He's not a PP weapon.

Look at all of that, and ignore the name Coyle, and tell me what would you be okay with GMPF giving to get this player as rental+1?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Coyle is mediocre too and has been for the last year now, he's a larger Ennis. Yes, I'll take an actual center that plays hard every night for Coyle.

I'm not sure why people think Coyle is going to get a good return:
- The last calendar year (83 games) he's had 13g/28a.
- He's in his 7th season and has 1 x 20g season, 1 x 50p season, and 2 total 40p seasons.
- He's doesn't have the resume a Playoff performer.
- He's on pace for an 11g/25a (36p) season this year.
- He's not a PP weapon.

Look at all of that, and ignore the name Coyle, and tell me what would you be okay with GMPF giving to get this player as rental+1?
Because there always might be some olde-time executive for another team who sees a big, RHS forward who can skate, and then thinks "my team can get more out of this guy."

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Making random, panicky, trades will have a predictable result. Hopefully Fenton will be smarter than that, and not make knee jerk moves.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Currently my trade thoughts are these:
- Don't give up on the season yet. Make trades that will help the current team better. Don't sell off the future for plugs.
- I'm okay with trading Nino for a different winger.
- For Coyle I'd want something along the lines of: JFK (Bos), Bjustad (FLA), or Poolparty (EDM) as players. I'd take a: Bennett (CGY), Larsson (BUF), or Simmonds (PHI) type of player, but it wouldn't be my first choice. These are all just base deals, everyone always gets caught up on who adds what to make it an even trade.
- Any of the top-4 d-men needs to bring back a 2C or better, similar age/team control preferably.
- Don't trade away any 1st's.
- Exceptions can be made for any of these if it's the right deal.
This is what retooling is, I agree that is the approach that should be taken at this time.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Making random, panicky, trades will have a predictable result. Hopefully Fenton will be smarter than that, and not make knee jerk moves.

Wennberg for Coyle would be a somewhat lateral move. Wennberg is 2 years younger, Coyle makes close to 2m less. Wennberg has had spotty results, just like Coyle. Has two more points than Coyle this year, but only one goal.

Do the trade then we can start complaining about Wennberg in a couple of months.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wennberg for Coyle would be a somewhat lateral move. Wennberg is 2 years younger, Coyle makes close to 2m less. Wennberg has had spotty results, just like Coyle. Has two more points than Coyle this year, but only one goal.

Do the trade then we can start complaining about Wennberg in a couple of months.

Wennberg is F. Johansson's cousin... So no need to wait a couple of months to complain, we'd already have something builtin to complain about with him. :sarcasm:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Sometimes change of scenery changes careers.

We saw it on a small scale with Wes Walz. Tampa saw it on a higher scale with Martin St. Louis.

If it turns out completely lateral, at least we're getting a player who is primarily a center.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I am not against trading Coyle for Wennberg, and I'm not for trading Coyle for Wennberg. It makes a weird sort of sense. I suspect that Wennberg might benefit away from Torts, and that Torts would be intrigued with the possibilities of a guy like Coyle if he could light a fire under his ass.

The Johansson thing is kind of tribal in a Nordy sort of way.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Would love Wennberg on this team. He, like Elias Lindholm, is a guy that I think is in a crappy situation and would greatly benefit from a change of scenery. He kind of reminds me of Granlund-lite.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Would love Wennberg on this team. He, like Elias Lindholm, is a guy that I think is in a crappy situation and would greatly benefit from a change of scenery. He kind of reminds me of Granlund-lite.
I'm not really a fan of his game, but he is a perfect fit for the kind of guy to try and get ahold of.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don't know what the "hassle" is, but I'd welcome very much a free 3rd line center upgrade.
The team doesn't like him. The coach doesn't like him. He's lazy and arrogant. And, quite frankly, every time the Wild gave him a role to fill, he failed.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The team doesn't like him. The coach doesn't like him. He's lazy and arrogant. And, quite frankly, every time the Wild gave him a role to fill, he failed.

Links to the first 2? The second 2 sounds like a little of bias against a guy you've never liked.

Funny how the first role that Vegas gave him he succeeded in. Maybe it wasn't him 'him' problem here.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Links to the first 2? The second 2 sounds like a little of bias against a guy you've never liked.

Funny how the first role that Vegas gave him he succeeded in. Maybe it wasn't him 'him' problem here.
You really need links for the thousand times that Russo has written it? He succeeded so much in Vegas that they dumped both of his wingers and overpaid Paul Stastny to replace Haula.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
You really need links for the thousand times that Russo has written it? He succeeded so much in Vegas that they dumped both of his wingers and overpaid Paul Stastny to replace Haula.

If there is a thousand, then 1 or 2 shouldn't be difficult to find.

He was the 2nd line center on a Cup finalist. Stastny was brought it to strengthen the entire group; it doesn't necessarily have to be an indictment on the guy whose spot he might be taking.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If there is a thousand, then 1 or 2 shouldn't be difficult to find.

He was the 2nd line center on a Cup finalist. Stastny was brought it to strengthen the entire group; it doesn't necessarily have to be an indictment on the guy whose spot he might be taking.
The Haula-famer bit has been here for years. Can't find the quotes from Boudreau but they were after the Blues series and had to do with Haula pouting about being moved to the 4th line. Mike Yeo was unhappy with Haula's conditioning multiple years.

The Hanzal trade was a direct result of Haula's play. Bringing Eriksson Ek back from Sweden early was a direct result of Haula's play. If Vegas was happy with Haula's game they wouldn't have dismantled his line and turned him into a wing.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wennberg is no prize. Makes 4.9 M(signed deal after a career best season...sound familiar?), is a defensive 3C who won't shoot, and tends to lack a pulse. Has talent, but is underwhelming CBJ fans...

He's a slightly smaller, younger, more expensive Coyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad