Trades & Free Agency Talk XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I wouldn't be against taking a chance on a guy like that if the price is cheap, but 2 goals and 22 points in 26 AHL games isn't anything special for a 22 year old.

im not saying we throw a 1st or 2nd at him but buy cheap, he has potential at the very least with speed and what appears to be good puck possession skills.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
im not saying we throw a 1st or 2nd at him but buy cheap, he has potential at the very least with speed and what appears to be good puck possession skills.
I would have to wonder if his potential comes anywhere close to offsetting his D-bag factor?

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
is his dbag factor only in the eye of the beholder? i have read few articles but it seems he is either a dbag or not, not everyone agrees on the same.
Well.... I was young and stupid once too. Kid just might need some time to mature after life punches him in the face a few times.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
is his dbag factor only in the eye of the beholder? i have read few articles but it seems he is either a dbag or not, not everyone agrees on the same.
He has a fairly long history, and has had issues in multiple places.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
You’re assuming he wants to stay. Sure, I’ll keep him if he signs a 5 year contract.
Granlund is in a weird situation. I’d love to extend him for 5x7 or 6x7,but he is likely to want closer to 8 or 9 per year. with the cap being what it is, and the contracts we already have, that makes granlund our “top gun” and we can’t add another “top gun” to him. I have to question if he is elite enough to be the top gun on a cup winning team. I think if we Can get him at a decent price, we keep him. Otherwise, it’s time to move him.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Granlund is in a weird situation. I’d love to extend him for 5x7 or 6x7,but he is likely to want closer to 8 or 9 per year. with the cap being what it is, and the contracts we already have, that makes granlund our “top gun” and we can’t add another “top gun” to him. I have to question if he is elite enough to be the top gun on a cup winning team. I think if we Can get him at a decent price, we keep him. Otherwise, it’s time to move him.

Depending on how much the cap goes up over the next two off seasons will determine a-lot on contracts. With the projected big jump this offseason, if there is another next year, I don't an issue with him getting a bigger raise. Its just how contracts are now. 5 mil a year doesn't get great players very often.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
What would a decent return be here, though? Moving him for futures just because he's going to make a lot of money seems like a weird move, so the right player would really have to be coming back. Tarasenko's the only name that's come up recently that makes anything close to sense to me, even hypothetically.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
He has a fairly long history, and has had issues in multiple places.

yup i know that, i read up on it with him being too cocky growing up, then iv also read he is misunderstood with his responses. i dont know and i dont really care if he is cocky, if the kid can play and he has a little edge to him good. i dont care much for the super nice guys who are afraid to speak their mind.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
What would a decent return be here, though? Moving him for futures just because he's going to make a lot of money seems like a weird move, so the right player would really have to be coming back. Tarasenko's the only name that's come up recently that makes anything close to sense to me, even hypothetically.
I agree that in an ideal world tarasenko would be a name we’d look at in a 1 for 1, but not sure that he’s the player he used to be. It’s a tough idea, trading granlund. I think if a deal came along that involved a top level center prospect + I would move him. I mean we have what, granlund, kunin, Nino, Zucker, Parise, and greenway who are all top 9 wingers, and Kaprizov, khovanov, sokolov, shaw who all need a chance sooner or later in the pros. I just don’t think we can’t keep throwing this team out there and hoping it’s gonna workout. That being said, I’d keep granlund if he came in at 7.5 or less. And I guess a lot can change, but with this team having an abundance of serviceable wingers and no 1c’s, I’d be willing to move granlund out for a center prospect who projects to be a top line player(let it be known that I would only accept a player who is two years away from 1C max)

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Depending on how much the cap goes up over the next two off seasons will determine a-lot on contracts. With the projected big jump this offseason, if there is another next year, I don't an issue with him getting a bigger raise. Its just how contracts are now. 5 mil a year doesn't get great players very often.
It’s expected to go up about 3 million. That’s not even the biggest issue for me though. My issue is, who do we play down the middle with him? We have enough wingers that are capable of being solid NHLers, and with more coming why not move granlund if it will get us a top tier center. I mean we could always go the route of hoping the team drafts a center this year, and then hoping the player turns out to be good, and then hoping that granlund and Parise are still serviceable in 3-5 years when this player is capable of being a 1C.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Off the top of my head, I can't think of a team that would be in the position to trade their less-than-2-years-away #1C for a 27 year old winger.

Edit...

Just trying to go through some names:

Suzuki (Montreal has been looking for centers forever, and aren't really in a heavy "buy" position)
Glass (Vegas already has Tuch and Marchessault in the top 6 RW spots)
Frost/Patrick (Philly same as Vegas with Voracek and Konecny)
Necas (Carolina needs top-end centers too)
Vilardi (who knows what LA is going to do, but they need to filter some youth into the lineup in the worst way)

Just a few names from the last couple of drafts. Is there a name I'm missing that you'd consider a future #1C? Poehling, nah. McLeod, nah. Veleno (lol).

Last edited:

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
Hey - this is a website that loves megathreads. If you are responding about a specific player, please include his #$%^^&* name once in your post so the rest of us don't have to backtrack two or three pages to find out who the "douchebag" is.

He and him don't do it.

Thank you

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Off the top of my head, I can't think of a team that would be in the position to trade their less-than-2-years-away #1C for a 27 year old winger.

Edit...

Just trying to go through some names:

Suzuki (Montreal has been looking for centers forever, and aren't really in a heavy "buy" position)
Glass (Vegas already has Tuch and Marchessault in the top 6 RW spots)
Frost/Patrick (Philly same as Vegas with Voracek and Konecny)
Necas (Carolina needs top-end centers too)
Vilardi (who knows what LA is going to do, but they need to filter some youth into the lineup in the worst way)

Just a few names from the last couple of drafts. Is there a name I'm missing that you'd consider a future #1C? Poehling, nah. McLeod, nah. Veleno (lol).
No I think it’s a good list. Maybe mittelstadt, but I’m not sure he’s going to be a true 1C in the NHL. He has off the charts skill that we are missing, but I wouldn’t bet on him.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

Lias Andersson? You think the Rangers might move him?

Robert Thomas? St. Louis is rebuilding though s- he might not be had.

Filip Chytil? See Lias Andersson.

Logan Brown? I don't see him being a 1st line center though.

Could we look at German Rubtsov from the Flyers?

What about Sam Steel LOL...kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad