Trades & Free Agency Talk XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If Vancouver came calling with Boeser for Dumba do you pull the trigger?
NO no no no. Boeser has to show me more before I trade Dumba for him, though I do like the way you're thinking. I would trade Dumba, but only for something REALLY good. I'm not convinced that Boeser is all that. Had a great year last year till he was injured, but I need to see it again- minus the injury part.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
What would you be willing to trade for Mark Stone?
Depends on the cost. He's going to be expensive to acquire, I imagine, and will be a UFA that will likely cost a TON. He's a very good player, but not the sort of elite player who will lead a team to a Cup win, IMO.

Would rather look for younger talent. Takes luck, but you have controlled costs, and the chance to get something elite.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Depends on the cost. He's going to be expensive to acquire, I imagine, and will be a UFA that will likely cost a TON. He's a very good player, but not the sort of elite player who will lead a team to a Cup win, IMO.

Would rather look for younger talent. Takes luck, but you have controlled costs, and the chance to get something elite.
Hes 26 averaging over a point per game this season and is a right shot forward

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Are you prepared to pay him 60M? Because that's about what he'll be looking for.
Like you said he isnt an elite player but the odds of you trading for an elite player are slim because teams just dont trade them away. Stone would be a great fit on Wild, I dont think He signs in Ottawa so i think they look to trade him. so depending on price I am all for it if the price is right

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
Why give anything for stone? We can have him for nothing but money next year. I'd pay him 60 m.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would 100% trade Nino+Coyle for him (not saying Ottawa would do it), and that would cover the salary in/salary out.
absolutely...but that's dreaming. If nothing else, you know that the OTT owner is not going to be on board with Nino's salary. He'll want a package of cheap contracts and picks...something like Coyle/Brodin+Greenway/Kunin+ 1st.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Like you said he isnt an elite player but the odds of you trading for an elite player are slim because teams just dont trade them away. Stone would be a great fit on Wild, I dont think He signs in Ottawa so i think they look to trade him. so depending on price I am all for it if the price is right
As long as Zucker isn't going the other way. He's not perfect, but we need his speed, and Stone is not quick. Also don't want to trade away draft picks, if we can help it. We have done WAY too much of that.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Isles guy here, in peace (of course) - what is with all this smoke around Coyle? I'd like him on the Islanders - is he better suited as a winger or center?

What are MIN's main needs?

Would you be interested in Brock Nelson + Young D + Pick/Prospect ?

We've got Pelech whose already got NHL experience - Wotherspoon, Quenneville and Vande Sompel all coming up and could probably add a 2nd or something. Dal Colle may even be available - who has turned it around after getting close to bust territory.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Isles guy here, in peace (of course) - what is with all this smoke around Coyle? I'd like him on the Islanders - is he better suited as a winger or center?

What are MIN's main needs?

Would you be interested in Brock Nelson + Young D + Pick/Prospect ?

We've got Pelech whose already got NHL experience - Wotherspoon, Quenneville and Vande Sompel all coming up and could probably add a 2nd or something. Dal Colle may even be available - who has turned it around after getting close to bust territory.

He's a right wing that can play center in a pinch. The reason there's so much smoke is because Fenton, as the new GM, thinks he's been a disappointment this season, and is ready to start making moves to shake things up and hopefully spark some life into this team. For the same reason, we speculate that guys like Nino and Brodin might be available as well, and possibly even other guys.

As far as the fan base goes, I can tell you very few of us are interested in Brock Nelson. We know the scouting report, and he's not the type of player we should be getting.
We also don't need left handed D (unless the decision is that we're 100% trying to trade Brodin away).

It's hard to trade Coyle because he's our only right handed player in the top 9. Whether or not the GM necessarily cares about that is another story, but in theory we'd either need a lesser right handed right wing+pretty good prospect back, or we'd be adding to Coyle to get a better right handed forward, OR it could be a change of scenery deal for another similar quality right handed guy.

The issue with the Isles is there aren't many options. Like I said, Brock Nelson isn't the type of player we should be getting, and Eberle is too expensive. Josh Ho-sang is a weird case that I personally would be okay with taking a flyer on if there was something else included, but I would understand why other Wild fans wouldn't like that option.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
change of scenery move Nino to LA for Tofoli?

I could see something like that being realistic, but honestly I don’t really like Toffoli that much so I kind of hope it doesn’t happen.

I’m sure something like that is the goal though.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Currently my trade thoughts are these:
- Don't give up on the season yet. Make trades that will help the current team better. Don't sell off the future for plugs.
- I'm okay with trading Nino for a different winger.
- For Coyle I'd want something along the lines of: JFK (Bos), Bjustad (FLA), or Poolparty (EDM) as players. I'd take a: Bennett (CGY), Larsson (BUF), or Simmonds (PHI) type of player, but it wouldn't be my first choice. These are all just base deals, everyone always gets caught up on who adds what to make it an even trade.
- Any of the top-4 d-men needs to bring back a 2C or better, similar age/team control preferably.
- Don't trade away any 1st's.
- Exceptions can be made for any of these if it's the right deal.

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Puljujarvi looks awful. Like an Ek who can't play defense, or C.

You'd take Larsson for Coyle? Wow.

Overall, you are targeting some really mediocre players that in most cases are worse than Coyle.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would be ok with that change of scenery. Nino doesnt impress me at all, and he seems to be getting slower.
Toffoli is not exactly a speed demon, or an anything demon. As was said on their board, "He's a secondary scorer who doesn't help you if he's not scoring, and he's not scoring."

I think Nino's possession numbers get given undue weight, but he is a good forechecker and net front presence with some physicality. Above average in puck battles. He's at least average as a defender.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Toffoli is not exactly a speed demon, or an anything demon. As was said on their board, "He's a secondary scorer who doesn't help you if he's not scoring, and he's not scoring."

I think Nino's possession numbers get given undue weight, but he is a good forechecker and net front presence with some physicality. Above average in puck battles. He's at least average as a defender.

Nino has been nothing better than bad this year. He constantly gives up on plays leading to scoring chances/goals.

I just need to see something different from this team and have very few players I wouldn't let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad