Korshkov-Kerfoot-Moore
Timoshov-Goat-Marchment

Use Johnson,Kapanen and Dermott to upgrade defense

Sign Peitrangelo 6yrs/8.5 mil
Re sign Muzzin 4 years/5.5 mil

Rielly-Pietrangelo
Muzzin- Trade
Sandin-Liljegren

Piet isn’t taking 6x8.5 Doubt Muzzin does 4x5.5 either.

I could 100% see Kapanen and/or Johnsson dealt though.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016

One player I would love to see Toronto go after is Philippe Myers from Philadelphia. Young, big skilled rhd. With Philadelphia looking for offense, I wonder if there’s a trade that can be made there

Reactions: Bigmarycombo

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

Have Pietra actually hinted he wants to play for the Leafs or is this just speculation from Leafs fans?
Also Muzzin will probably sign for 5.5 if it is a 6 yrs deal

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Have Pietra actually hinted he wants to play for the Leafs or is this just speculation from Leafs fans?

Just speculation.

Reports say Blues are offering around Ekman-Larsson’s deal of 8x8.25 but Piet is wanting close to double digits.

so there’s no way he’s signing for 6 years at 8.5 if he goes to free agency

Reactions: Treebeard

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

Bob McKenzie has brought it up multiple times. He generally doesn’t just do that.

Petro did go on about how much he loved what J.T. did too.

Nothing concrete but bob doesn’t guess

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Just speculation.

Reports say Blues are offering around Ekman-Larsson’s deal of 8x8.25 but Piet is wanting close to double digits.

so there’s no way he’s signing for 6 years at 8.5 if he goes to free agency

It would be more like 9.5-10

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Oh man - a team will be lucky if Hall signs for less than 11 million aav. 7 ain't happening
Yah I have no idea what his numbers are gonna look like so...
I mean I know he was mvps 1 year that's the only year he really stood out no? An 80pt early on and 90 pt and rest of his career is somewhat average 60+pts....but with today's agents and how things have gone, specially in Toronto that's worth crazy millions lol

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I mean I know he was mvps 1 year that's the only year he really stood out no? An 80pt early on and 90 pt and rest of his career is somewhat average 60+pts....but with today's agents and how things have gone, specially in Toronto that's worth crazy millions lol

Darren Ferris.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

He had a 93 point two seasons ago. Keep in mind hes had some injury issues (and played on some garbage teams for most of his career).

Whether or not hed live up to that 11 mil contract is one thing -but I have little doubt his agent will be looking to get the Panarin deal. And imo hes got a good case to get it

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Where do we sign?
I’ve been pretty bearish towards most trade ideas involving Willy, but this fills a need with getting Rielly a legit partner, and shores up the prospect pool with guys who bring different strengths to the ice.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Would you pursue Hall and consider moving on from Nylander or Marner in exchange for that franchise defenseman?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Not sure youd be able to afford both Hall and that D man - even if you move Marners cap hit. Ie if Hall gets 9-11 million then at best it's a wash.

Yeah that's true. Would require some further reshuffling, at which point you may have cleaved too much of a hole in the program to be worth it.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Not sure youd be able to afford both Hall and that D man - even if you move Marners cap hit. Ie if Hall gets 9-11 million then at best it's a wash.

Hall is in his mid to late 20's and has had injury issues, Marner is still coming into his prime, enjoyed good health and is probably a PPG player for the forseeable future

I think that is less wash more downgrade

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Hall is in his mid to late 20's and has had injury issues, Marner is still coming into his prime, enjoyed good health and is probably a PPG player for the forseeable future

I think that is less wash more downgrade

Oh I'd take Marner over Hall in terms of skill I was taking about caphit.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Source? Was this on headlines?
Maple Leafs, Canadiens chasing Russian free agent Konstantin Okulov - Sportsnet.ca
Konstantin Okulov has been garnering a lot of interest from NHL teams this season and it appears that two rival Canadian teams are among the favourites to land the Russian free agent.

The Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens have been scouting the 24-year-old and are looking to bring him over to the NHL next season, Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston reported during the Headlines segment on Hockey Night in Canada.

While there are a lot of NHL teams interested in offering a deal to Okulov, some are not too confident in their ability to recruit the forward.

“Other teams believe that Montreal and Toronto are the two favourites for this forward who’s playing with Red Army this season,” said Johnston. “Some of these teams are, you know, wondering if it’s even worth engaging with his camp about trying to bring him over next season.”

The 24-year-old has five goals and 13 points in 17 games this season after scoring a career-high 20 goals and 31 points in 48 games last year. He also helped the Moscow club capture the KHL Gagarin Cup with seven goals and 14 points in 19 playoff appearances.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
If the Kings make the call to do a full rebuild I wonder if we could somehow put together a mega-offer for Doughty at 50% in a similar way in which Ottawa got Duchene.

1) Trade Ceci to somebody.
2) Trade Muzzin to somebody in a three way deal where the haul from that team + the Ceci haul + another asset or two go to LA for Doughty @50%

We give up a half season for two pending UFA's + and asset or two for our top pair RHD locked in at 5.5 for the next 7 seasons.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
If the Kings make the call to do a full rebuild I wonder if we could somehow put together a mega-offer for Doughty at 50% in a similar way in which Ottawa got Duchene.

2) Trade Muzzin to somebody in a three way deal where the haul from that team + the Ceci haul + another asset or two go to LA for Doughty @50%

We give up a half season for two pending UFA's + and asset or two for our top pair RHD locked in at 5.5 for the next 7 seasons.
Just trade Ceci, AJ, Bracco, Lil and another 1st for Drew plus 50%retention.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

Why would LA do that? For them to give up a legit #1 defenseman AND eat 5.5 in cap space for 8 years would take a hell of a huge offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad