Trades and Free Agent Talk - A New Season A New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I dont think the Wild have much interest in moving their younger players.

Brodin could be a potential target though
You will get a ton of pushback on that opinion. I have been.

They think that the Wild are dying to give us younger, not-yet-breakout players for Kapanen.

Reactions: Menzinger

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Question. What elite player will he play with on Minny to inflate his stats?
Toronto must be the only team where it's held against you for playing with good players.

I must have dreamed Chris Kunitz playing on the Canadian Olympic team.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
You will get a ton of pushback on that opinion. I have been.

They think that the Wild are dying to give us younger, not-yet-breakout players for Kapanen.

Like I do think Kapanen may intrigue the Wild at the right price - goal scorers closer to the age of 20 than 30 are probably their biggest need.

But they're definitely not going to trade the few younger guys they have.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Toronto must be the only team where it's held against you for playing with good players.

I must have dreamed Chris Kunitz playing on the Canadian Olympic team.
Goodbye goalposts, hello shell game?

You can do that on your own thanks.

Stop trying to rob other teams with our fringe players.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Like I do think Kapanen may intrigue the Wild at the right price - goal scorers closer to the age of 20 than 30 are probably their biggest need.

But they're definitely not going to trade the few younger guys they have.
This is my opinion too. But apparently that deal should be snapped up immediately by Minnesota.

Reactions: Menzinger

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
All I see with those prospect RD is Liljegren and a bunch of question marks that are years away if they ever make it

RD will be a hole next season, even if you pencil in Liljegren and start swapping guys like Rielly, Dermott or Sandin over to the right it's going to be a serious issue

We've got a ton of forwards so one of them needs to go for defensive help because bringing in a forward for a forward and putting somebody like Moore on the 4th line again makes little sense roster composition wise

Then it's going to be a bigger piece than Kapanen that needs to go, to fill that hole. Your assumption is that we will have a hole at all....

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Just for Fun (no I’m not being reactionary or worried we won’t make the playoffs)

TML-NYI
Scott Mayfield, 3rd for Kasperi Kapanen

TML-WPG
Adam Lowry for Cody Ceci, 3rd NYI

TML-VGK
Ryan Reaves for 2nd 2021, Ben Harpur

Lowry - Matthews - Marner
Hyman - Tavares - Nylander
Mango - Kerfoot - Micheyev
Moore - Gauthier - Reaves

Rielly - Mayfield
Muzzin - Barrie
Dermott - Holl

Reactions: Leaffan1991

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Just for Fun (no I’m not being reactionary or worried we won’t make the playoffs)

TML-NYI

TML-WPG

TML-VGK

Rielly - Mayfield
Muzzin - Barrie
Dermott - Holl

So we give up Kapanen, Ceci, a 2nd, 3rd, and Harpur

For two bottom of the lineup guys with career highs of 20 points, one of which you put on the top line, and a third pair RD that you put on the top pair.

What could possibly go wrong? lol

Reactions: stickty111

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
What is with everyone's obsession with Adam Lowry? He's a bottom 6 grinder who is in his mid-20's making 2.9 mill, and not even an amazing one at that. You could probably give Winnipeg a mediocre prospect and a mid-round pick and they'd take it, unless you had to overpay for him (which is an immediate non-starter).

TML-NYI

TML-WPG

TML-VGK

Rielly - Mayfield
Muzzin - Barrie
Dermott - Holl

So downgrades everywhere, we get older, and we lose a 2nd? Don't sign me up.

Reactions: stickty111

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Goodbye goalposts, hello shell game?

You can do that on your own thanks.

Stop trying to rob other teams with our fringe players.

do you think this is real life? Like it actually happens?

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017

TML-NYI

TML-WPG

TML-VGK

Rielly - Mayfield
Muzzin - Barrie
Dermott - Holl

Horrible. Definitely not. Not even one of those trades are good for the Leafs. They get slaughtered everywhere.

Ceci is just as good if not better then Mayfield.

Lowry and Reaves are not even close to Kapanen.

And we give up pick as well.

Sorry horrible.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Horrible. Definitely not. Not even one of those trades are good for the Leafs. They get slaughtered everywhere.

Ceci is just as good if not better then Mayfield.

Lowry and Reaves are not even close to Kapanen.

And we give up pick as well.

Sorry horrible.

This is what happens when people get obsessed over physicality and are willing to sacrifice a better team for it.

Physicality barely hits the radar when it comes to the Leafs problems right now. Mental mistakes, questionable coaching, inconsistency (especially in net) and lack of effort are all far greater issues right now, and they are all intertwined... Funny enough, physicality won't change any of that.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
This is what happens when people get obsessed over physicality and are willing to sacrifice a better team for it.

Physicality barely hits the radar when it comes to the Leafs problems right now. Mental mistakes, questionable coaching, inconsistency (especially in net) and lack of effort are all far greater issues right now, and they are all intertwined... Funny enough, physicality won't change any of that.

We also have a farm system full of physical bottom-6 centers/wingers.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
Size isn’t our issue, it’s the fact that the guys we do have that have size all play like butter minus Muzzin. Matthews can physically dominate anyone but chooses not to. Perfect example was the Dubois goal last night. Enough with the stick checks and hit somebody. Freddy the Goat is a monster of a man but doesn’t hit a soul. Kapanen, Mikeyhev, etc. These are guys with size that don’t use the body at all. When Timoshov is your only playing throwing a hit, you’re going to have issues.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

the aforementioned players all have heart......in spades. That's something lacking on this season's Leafs thus far.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Size isn’t our issue, it’s the fact that the guys we do have that have size all play like butter minus Muzzin. Matthews can physically dominate anyone but chooses not to. Perfect example was the Dubois goal last night. Enough with the stick checks and hit somebody. Freddy the Goat is a monster of a man but doesn’t hit a soul. Kapanen, Mikeyhev, etc. These are guys with size that don’t use the body at all. When Timoshov is your only playing throwing a hit, you’re going to have issues.
Leafs could use a player like Dubois.......

Reactions: Avilaj07

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I wonder if by say mid November if the Leafs paired Bracco with Ceci if they could get an upgrade on D from a team not likely to make the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad