Girard - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Kulak

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Priority #1 is getting rid of Weber and signing Hamilton,
Let Tatar walk
I assume Drouin is gone.
Trade one or both Lehkonen and Byron once you secure replacement, we have a few good UFA option at LW like Saad, Coleman, Schwartz, Hoffman, Duclair, Hall, Grandlund, Janmark, Athanssiou, Nosek

protect
Price
Chariot
Edmundson
Petry
Toffoli
KK
Anderson
Evans
Gallagher
Lehkonen
Danault or Armia

I assume we will lose Allen in the expension draft but it might also be Drouin, Weber, Byron, maybe Fleury... regardless it should not affect us very much if everything else fall in place.

Toffoli Suzuki CC
UFA KK Anderson
UFA Danault Gallagher
Evans Poehling Armia
Perry

Chariot Hamilton
Edmundson Petry
Romanov Kulak
Gustafson

Price
Primeau

getting rid of Weber is not a priority #1 let alone something the organization would be willing to do IMHO.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Seems like a lot of good players will be available this off-season. We won’t get them all but hoping we get one key piece and this playoff run makes us a more attractive destination. Hamilton, Jones, Eichel etc etc. Could be huge adds for us.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
It works with Lehkonen not in the lineup and have 864k left in capspace. You can get a league minimum guy for that ad the extra forward.

Drouin I had in the deal for Lindholm with the picks and prospects.

Byron would be shipped out to a team needing speed and depth for a pick.

Saad @ 5.5
Coleman @ 3
Goodrow @ 2.4
Perry @ 1.3
Danault @ 5
Kotkaniemi @ 2.4

Though like you said Primeau is at backup which isn't ideal.

Saad possibly gets more than that.

Coleman and Goodrow likely do, especially Coleman

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I wish people would have learned from the annual "Gallagher is washed up" shtick.

He was having another excellent season until he got injured. Returned in the playoffs out of rhythm and has gradually gotten better.

We are not winning game 7 against the Leafs without him.

He scored a game winning goal in game one against the Jets.

He had a crucial interception on the forecheck and an assist on Lehkonen's goal in game four.

All this while being absolutely stellar defensively with Danault.

He is 100% the future captain of this team once Weber retires. If you think those things don't matter, look at the Leafs.

Anderson is probably playing through some nagging injury, but still is our most punishing forechecker. We are not winning game one against the Leafs without him. During the regular season he accomplished everything that was expected when we acquired him.

It's impossible for all the players to be running on all cylinders simultaneously.
Not saying he is wash up or that he isn’t important but he won’t keep that level of play for the rest of is new contract, sooner than later he will be paid for what he has done, and not what he will bring and in a cap world that just doesn’t work, I love for Gallagher to be a habs for life, but not at the expense of our next window.

Anderson is definitely injured but that is giving us a preview, he create is own offense but solely rely on is freakish athletic ability if he is injured or loses a step than he doesn’t have much to fall back on like vision, playmaking to make player around him better or to be worth what he will be paid.

I be hesitant to trade Gallagher but in both cases I would rather sell a year early than a year late...

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
It works with Lehkonen not in the lineup and have 864k left in capspace. You can get a league minimum guy for that ad the extra forward.

Drouin I had in the deal for Lindholm with the picks and prospects.

Byron would be shipped out to a team needing speed and depth for a pick.

Saad @ 5.5
Coleman @ 3
Goodrow @ 2.4
Perry @ 1.3
Danault @ 5
Kotkaniemi @ 2.4

Though like you said Primeau is at backup which isn't ideal.
I'm not sure you've done your calculations correctly, but even if you did, there's still Suzuki and Romanov needing new contracts after next season.

Also, I don't think Coleman signs for $3M. Why would he?

I don't think anybody would be interested in two years of Byron's contract without us paying more than we'd be willing to pay.

I'd say there's no way we can afford a top-6 forward and a top-3 defenceman AND Coleman, Goodrow and Chiarot.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Wouldn't mind getting a Dougie Hamilton in the line-up. He's an RD, so a Petry, Weber, and Hamilton right side would be pretty deep.

At his season ending PC:

“I’m glad none of you (media) were allowed in the locker room and I didn’t need to give any interviews this season”

Does that sound like a guy wanting to come to Mtl?

Reactions: Miller Time

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That being said, I don't think Habs will get him. I think other teams have a bigger need on D than Habs do and probably have better assets to give to Canes.

I can see Leafs and Oilers be two teams that will be in on this more than Habs.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
That being said, I don't think Habs will get him. I think other teams have a bigger need on D than Habs do and probably have better assets to give to Canes.

I can see Leafs and Oilers be two teams that will be in on this more than Habs.
I don’t think he leaves, especially if the options are to play under the bright lights in Canada

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Wouldn't mind getting a Dougie Hamilton in the line-up. He's an RD, so a Petry, Weber, and Hamilton right side would be pretty deep.

Would end up with a very strong right side and a pretty weak left. So who do you not sign/dump to make room? Do we want 3 dmen with cap hits of $6M+ as I figure Hamilton won't sign for anything less than $8M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad