Proposal: Trade Thread Part 68

Status
Not open for further replies.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
We have to stop overrating our players and especially the prospect.

If we can package them and get a star we do it.

I remember Bergevin saying they wont trade KK, Romanov, Poehling and company.

Romanov was like the 2nd coming of Jesus it seems but he's not.

Same thing for KK.

This a lead us nowhere. Accumulating prospect who arent that good in their respective league.

Once in awhile you have to go for it like the Jays where they got Price, Dickey, Tulowiski, Donaldson..

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Not a MB move, but if we were to get a new GM...

To Buffalo
Weber, Chiarot, Byron

To Mtl
Ristolainen, Skinner (1M retained)
--------

To Anh
Poehling, Drouin, Kulak, 2nd

To Mtl
Comtois, Fowler
-----------
Comtois - Danault - Gallagher
Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Skinner - JKO - Anderson
Lekhonen - Evans - Perry
Teasdale/Ylonen

Fowler - Ristolainen
Romanov - Petry
Edmundson - Fleury
Brook/Leskinen

Price
Allen

Anaheim hangs up so quickly.

Weber wont be traded. He'll retire next year.

Jpageman

Mar 10, 2019
Heres my move for the summer

to buf:

Price
KK
Drouin
Guhle

to mtl:

Eichel
Ristolainen

loose Weber to the Kraken
Loose Armia

sign landeskog 6 years @ 7 mil per
sign tatar 3 years @ 4 mil per
Sign Danault 5 year @5 mil per
Sign any god dam decent goalie @ 3 mil per

next year line up:

landeskog Eichel Anderson
Tofoli Suzuki Caufield
Tatar Danault Galagher
Byron Evans Lekonen

Edmunson Petry
Chiarot ristolainen
Romanov Kulak

allen
Primeau

Long Sky

Jan 6, 2006
All these trades sound interesting, how about this idea. Be sure you have great scouting, trade up in the draft and hope for a number 1 center. Should cost less in players. No generational center ,but should be one very good center.

Reactions: yianik

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
We need D that can move the puck, plain and simple...all these trades for Eichel do absolutely nothing but bankrupt us even more in the D department...the best thing we could possibly do in the offseason is convince Hamilton to come to Montreal or make a big splash trade like a signed Danault++ for Seth Jones, who's almost certain to leave Columbus once his current contract is up after next season...

Reactions: calder candidate

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Massive trade offer with Buffalo

Jack Eichel
Rasmussen Dahlin
Victor Olofsson

for

Nick Suzuki
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Alexander Romanov
Cayden Primeau
We gonna cap crunch in one year. Lol. Those rfa are really valuable. They have low cap hit with an importance into the club. Especially suzuki/romanov. I wouldnt target a center like Eichel. I would like a solid dman PMD like Werenski if there is some prospect to trade. Crazy how the transition defense-offense is awful most of the time. Many pass made by our dman are litteraly on skates forward. They use the board too much often. Honestly markov was one of the main reason why this team was a playoff team and we didnt found someone like him since his departure.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Heres my move for the summer

to buf:

Price
KK
Drouin
Guhle

to mtl:

Eichel
Ristolainen

loose Weber to the Kraken
Loose Armia

sign landeskog 6 years @ 7 mil per
sign tatar 3 years @ 4 mil per
Sign Danault 5 year @5 mil per
Sign any god dam decent goalie @ 3 mil per

next year line up:

landeskog Eichel Anderson
Tofoli Suzuki Caufield
Tatar Danault Galagher
Byron Evans Lekonen

Edmunson Petry
Chiarot ristolainen
Romanov Kulak

allen
Primeau
I think you should spend some time evaluating this post.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Would Habs fans consider moving KK at this point?

What would that cost?

We have Chytil, who put up 22 points in 42 games compared to KK’s 20 in 56, but I think KK fits the style the Rangers are trying to move toward better. Whether directly (or indirectly, by moving Chytil elsewhere) KK seems like a candidate to do well with some sort of change (and that could be a change of coach/linemates in MTL, so I’m not looking to stir the pot or short change, just curious).

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

What would that cost?

We have Chytil, who put up 22 points in 42 games compared to KK’s 20 in 56, but I think KK fits the style the Rangers are trying to move toward better. Whether directly (or indirectly, by moving Chytil elsewhere) KK seems like a candidate to do well with some sort of change (and that could be a change of coach/linemates in MTL, so I’m not looking to stir the pot or short change, just curious).

I don't think you'll find much interest in here for trading KK for a different struggling center who's had one more year post draft year of struggles and who was less highly touted out of the draft.

Maybe for Kakko or Lafreniere ;)

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I don't think you'll find much interest in here for trading KK for a different struggling center who's had one more year post draft year of struggles and who was less highly touted out of the draft.

Maybe for Kakko or Lafreniere ;)

Eh, Laf started to come on the last little stretch when we knew the playoffs were out of the picture and Quinn mishandled him, which is largely why we just cleaned house. But I figured a Chytil/KK swap would either not be realistic or something we’d be adding to. Is there anything outside of Laf/Kakko/Fox that gets an eyebrow raised? We’ve still got a pretty solid depth of young talent and prospects besides that core trio.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Eh, Laf started to come on the last little stretch when we knew the playoffs were out of the picture and Quinn mishandled him, which is largely why we just cleaned house. But I figured a Chytil/KK swap would either not be realistic or something we’d be adding to. Is there anything outside of Laf/Kakko/Fox that gets an eyebrow raised? We’ve still got a pretty solid depth of young talent and prospects besides that core trio.

I'm not as familiar with the nuances of your prospects to know if there would be any package of interest.

It would take a substantial package for management to give up on KK this early. If he falters again after next year, perhaps they will explore a trade.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Anaheim hangs up so quickly.

Weber wont be traded. He'll retire next year.

not so sure re. Anaheim. Comtois had a good year and is no doubt valued highly... but i suspect their ownership would be all to happy to move Fowler and his big cap/salary expense, especially as the next 2-3 years will be rebuild time regardless.

the cheaper and shorter-term on Drouin, assuming he's still playing, and the potential of him building on his decent productivity in Montreal playing out of the spotlight in sunny california, could be appealing to management.

Poehling & a 2nd enough for Comtois & $ savings? maybe, maybe not, but i'm pretty sure they'd at least consider it. If they pushed back and needed a 1st to get it done, or flipping the pick to a prospect like norlinder/harris/strubble, i'd also do that.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
No way Philly does that! I do as a hab fan though!

indeed, especially with the cap rammification... but if they are eager to get rid of Gostibehere, i'd take him back as well and throw in a pick, might be enough to make it a go?

Drouin, Harris for Patrick, Gostibehere

something like that :dunno:

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
indeed, especially with the cap rammification... but if they are eager to get rid of Gostibehere, i'd take him back as well and throw in a pick, might be enough to make it a go?

Drouin, Harris for Patrick, Gostibehere

something like that :dunno:

Philly's biggest issue, imo, is that they have too many PMDs and not enough solid defensive defensemen; this is something the Habs can take advantage of:

Drouin & Chairot for Patrick & Ghost

...we don't need to tell them that Shyterot is terrible defensively due to apparently thinking himself an offensive defenseman...:laugh:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Nolan Patrick... Lekhonen is an all star next to him...

Yes, the kid's had a rough go of it, especially with the concussion-migraine issues, but you can still see those flashes of high-end talent that had him go soo high in his draft...a change of scenery might just be the thing that turns it around for him and it's not like losing a Johnny Floaty or a Shyterot kills our depth...worth exploring, anyways...

Reactions: Miller Time

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yes, the kid's had a rough go of it, especially with the concussion-migraine issues, but you can still see those flashes of high-end talent that had him go soo high in his draft...a change of scenery might just be the thing that turns it around for him and it's not like losing a Johnny Floaty or a Shyterot kills our depth...worth exploring, anyways...

Yup... Great "buy low" target. Especially because he has the ability to settle into a solid mid/bottom 6 contributor should he not be able to re-disvover the high-end/top 6 trajectory.

I'd be all for us adding him and committing next year to a Suzuki-JKO-Patrick-Evans centre group.

The cap savings of not re-signing or replacing Danault with a 5M$ plus alternative would allow us to target a much needed top 4 PMD upgrade.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Yup... Great "buy low" target. Especially because he has the ability to settle into a solid mid/bottom 6 contributor should he not be able to re-disvover the high-end/top 6 trajectory.

I'd be all for us adding him and committing next year to a Suzuki-JKO-Patrick-Evans centre group.

The cap savings of not re-signing or replacing Danault with a 5M$ plus alternative would allow us to target a much needed top 4 PMD upgrade.

Agreed, it's damn near time the Habs did what Bargain Bin promised when he got the job and what the Sens are smartly doing now; let the kids play...our "window" to win it all with a core of Price, Weber, Petry, etc is closed, not closing; it's time to hand the reigns over to our next Generation and let them flourish or flounder without this silly Mantra of scratching & clawing pitifully into the playoffs and hoping that Price goes All World again...and its not like we don't have a solid core of vets to help the kids along; Gallagher is still our on-ice leader, Petry is still here to help the likes of Romanov along, winners like Perry are here to show our young guns the way to success, Price can be a mentor to Primeau/McNiven...it's time to bite the bullet, take the time, and build a contender...

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

What would that cost?

montreal doesn't touch that

Reactions: Runner77

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Montreal also has a solid depth of prospects and is missing the game-breaker - though caufield looks promising.
Habs need another pro-ready PMD, but it won't be for KK..
Habs aren't moving on from Kotkaniemi. He's still among the 10 youngest players in the NHL.
sending him to the Rangers would be a disaster, because he'd find his game quickly playing with someone like Kakko

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad