Proposal: Trade Thread Part 68

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
no f***ing way. ever. am i giving that package for eichel.
stupid and suicidal.
Suzuki is already a low end 1 C and will regularly put up 60 pts at a minimum.
Caufield will end up as a 30 goal scorer
and romanov is the only dman who is young, cost-controlled and projects as a top 3.
all of those assets are 21 and under. eichel is great but 25 and injury-prone.
This trade makes the habs worse- now and in the future
Have you bothered to read the rest of the words in that post

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why would they get outbid ? The Habs should be all over this. Can't tank, can't sign ufas, its the only way they can acquire a 1C.

The Habs have so many trade chips to make this happen
Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Guhle, 1st 2021, Norlinder/Struble/Harris, Caufield, Romanov

In terms of futures or young players, we won't be outbid if we are open to any futures package. I'm dreaming here but Price to Seattle and Weber involved in a 3 way where the Habs give a shit load of futures and get Eichel in return would be awesome. Then let Tatar walk and sign Ovi!

Not going to happen but I do agree that we have the pieces to get in the mix for Eichel. Hopefully he is open to Montreal but I have my doubts on that.

KK, Romanov, and two 1sts would make them think but they start with Suzuki. Then we got to sort out what contract we are sending the other way to make the cap space work.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I think Eichel is going to NYR or LA, both have better packages to offer

Reinhart would be interesting also, I think he comes at much less of a cost (i.e. not including Suzuki/Caufield)

Reactions: Ozmodiar

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Reinhart would be interesting also, I think he comes at much less of a cost (i.e. not including Suzuki/Caufield)

No the Habs need to get faster. Reinhart skates like Suzuki.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Probably LA, if Buffalo doesn't want to trade in-division, they probably don't want to trade in-conference, especially if its the same State.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There's a very slim chance Buffalo trades Eichel within the division

I believe they look for the best package 1st of all. Then they go from there. If the Habs offer Suzuki++ and other teams don't want to offer a young center like that, that changes things. However, if a team out west offers someone like Suzuki and adds like us, we loose out yes.

I would easily offer Suzuki, Romanov, and a 1st. That's a serious package and we would also have to send contracts the other way which is probably the biggest challenge

I'd be down with Eichel, Danault, KK, and Evans up the middle. And no, I am not quick to trade Suzuki. However, I am curious to see what other teams offer for a young center. The issue is once you start talking, they will say Suzuki+ and if we say no, it might be done right away.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
you mentioned it as an equivalent offer?
I'm simply saying such an offer is potentially roster-killing for several more years.
didn't say you suggested it

I see your point but it's Eichel... An elite level star at center. Are you saying to offer less or don't bother?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
KK, 2021 1st, Drouin, and any prospect not named Cole or Roma.

Probably won't work but free to dream...

1) Price to Seattle (dreaming but I think both the Habs and Price can use a change)
2) Eichel to the Habs in a 3 way deal where they get Weber and then trade him to the Jets with retention and get even more in return. Jets would value Weber at around $4 - $5M range. Habs offer KK, 1st, Guhle, and a good grade B we can spare (Fairbrother type). Trying to include Drouin at this stage is probably not going to work.

3) Use the cap space to go all in on Ovechkin! No extension yet for Ovechkin with the Caps :sarcasm:

Imagine Eichel and Ovechkin playing together?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I see your point but it's Eichel... An elite level star at center. Are you saying to offer less or don't bother?
offer less ..if this is their request, then don't bother ..

star yes, with even more holes in the lineup and no future up front.
No young, PMD, no elite scoring winger-
and eichel playing in front of kotkaniemi
and that's it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
offer less ..if this is their request, then don't bother ..

star yes, with even more holes in the lineup and no future up front.
No young, PMD, no elite scoring winger-
and eichel playing in front of kotkaniemi
and that's it.

Sounds like what we thought when we were trying to acquire ROR and Eichel is younger and better.

I see your point though. I just think there are many different forms of packages we can offer where we trade from a position of strength.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Probably won't work but free to dream...

1) Price to Seattle (dreaming but I think both the Habs and Price can use a change)
2) Eichel to the Habs in a 3 way deal where they get Weber and then trade him to the Jets with retention and get even more in return. Habs offer KK, 1st, Guhle, and a good grade B we can spare (Fairbrother type).

3) Use the cap space to go all in on Ovi! No extension yet for Ovi with the Caps :sarcasm:

I don’t think Weber has much value with his cap hit and declining play.

If the Sabres were to trade Eichel within the division (and I don’t think the Sabres ownership would want that, especially if the NHL decides to go with the division based schedule below) the Habs offer would have to start with Suzuki and probably Caufield.

Ezx_5FOXEAE0SJB

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Ironically, I don't think Buffalo will get as much for Eichel as I think most people think. We see it all the time when the trade proposals are waaay out of whack with the reality of the trade.

I think we have the assets to get Eichel as much as any other team. I don't think we have the want or a GM willing to give what it takes to make a trade of that caliber. Simply put, Bergevin won't make a trade he doesn't think he'll win. In Eichel's case, it would take a package that might be too big for him to concede. Just like not wanting to give up Poehling for ROR. It's just not in his DNA to make that deal and give up the youth and picks it would take. Funny enough, Bergevin has done way better in trades than in developing youth, so it would be to his advantage to make a deal and give up the youth.

I'm not holding my breath on any significant changes just yet. Maybe if we get swept, we could see a purge in management but otherwise, expect the expected!

Reactions: Vachon23

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Don't you think theres middle ground?
Suzuki, Guhle and 1st ?
KK, Romanov, 1st ?

That suzuki, Caufield, 1st, Romanov package would be equivalent of

NYR giving Lafreniere, Kakko, 1st and Miller.
LAK giving Byfield, Turcotte, 1st and Bjornfot.
Boston are also rumoured but I don't see how they have the pieces to land him without seriously impairing their team, McAvoy ? Pasta ?
CBJ said they'd be looking at a 1C.. Jones? Werenski? Gavrikov? Jarmo made the Jones vs Johansen trade so maybe a one for one is in the cards ? Otherwise, I don't see how they have that much to land him. Their bluechip prospects are inexistant but they do have a bunch of picks. Something liek Werenski, Foudy, 1st and Chinakov ?

I don't think any of the teams would actually go there for Eichel. If they do, sure, let em wreck their franchise lol.

Realistically its probably three or four assets or a one for one.

I can actually see NYR do that considering the recent behavior of the owner...
LAK I don't know enough about them.

Boston???? How?

CBJ...I expect Danault to land there via the UFA train instead of them trading to get Eichel.

As for a middle ground. Technically yes, but somehow it never seems to be a thing when it involves the Habs unless it's a 1v1 trade...but we have no 1v1 for Eichel.

Suzuki, Guhle and a 1st, I would do it. Eichel is an improvement over Suzuki. We have too many LD prospects some will have to be traded anyhow and the 1st (with the Habs success at development) is basically worthless.

Also, considering Eichel's current injury it's possible his trade value is going down.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
A gm afraid to trade a player within his 9wn division is one of the stupidest things GMs do.

ThE pLaYeR mIgHt BiTe Us In ThE bUtT.

So, you're going to trade that player for less somewhere else ?

If the best deal comes from within the division and it's a player you need to trade, take it.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I can actually see NYR do that considering the recent behavior of the owner...
LAK I don't know enough about them.

Boston???? How?

CBJ...I expect Danault to land there via the UFA train instead of them trading to get Eichel.

As for a middle ground. Technically yes, but somehow it never seems to be a thing when it involves the Habs unless it's a 1v1 trade...but we have no 1v1 for Eichel.

Suzuki, Guhle and a 1st, I would do it. Eichel is an improvement over Suzuki. We have too many LD prospects some will have to be traded anyhow and the 1st (with the Habs success at development) is basically worthless.

Also, considering Eichel's current injury it's possible his trade value is going down.

No chance NYR does that trade.

MTL has to inquire and see what the price is but can't decimate prospect pool. They should try to work something with KK not NS. An Eichel NS combo is a very good 1-2 punch. Eichel KK combo is back to C wasteland, sure got out legit number 1 with nothing behind him.

If Eichel is a no go, they need to find another legit C because NS can't carry this team alone. I'd go after Monahan or someone similar.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
A gm afraid to trade a player within his 9wn division is one of the stupidest things GMs do.

ThE pLaYeR mIgHt BiTe Us In ThE bUtT.

So, you're going to trade that player for less somewhere else ?

If the best deal comes from within the division and it's a player you need to trade, take it.

I agree completely but it is a reality.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
What do we think the Drouin trade will look like? I have this sinking feeling it's going to be Lucic after the Flames trade Gaudreau elsewhere.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Would Ristolainen interest you in any way? His career +/- is really bad but Buffalo is really bad as well. Looking at his age/size and the fact that he's a RD and 10 years younger than Petry. I was thinking of including him in a package with Eichel.

Risto
Eichel

Vs

Drouin
KK
Caufield
Weber
Cond. 1st 2022 if Weber retires
(+ Harris or Norlinder?)

Maybe not enough considering some packages that I've seen

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Would Ristolainen interest you in any way? His career +/- is really bad but Buffalo is really bad as well. Looking at his age/size and the fact that he's a RD and 10 years younger than Petry. I was thinking of including him in a package with Eichel.

Risto
Eichel

Vs

Drouin
KK
Caufield
Weber
Cond. 1st 2022 if Weber retires
(+ Harris or Norlinder?)

Maybe not enough considering some packages that I've seen

Based on far more than +/-, Ristolainen has been one of the worst top-4 d-men in the NHL for a while now, So the kind of breakdown is:

-Ristolainen for Drouin
-Eichel for KK, Caufield, Weber, Cond. 1st '22 if Weber retires + Harris/Norlinder.

Reactions: ArtPeur

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
We need to make this trade for Eichel.

number 1 centers don’t become available. Then again Bergevin didn’t trade for Dubois so I don’t know if he’s capable of making a trade like this.

Nick Suzuki is really good but a franchise center like Eichel? We are talking about Austin Matthews stratosphere.

there’s no touchable

Reactions: Benstheman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad