Proposal: Trade Thread Part 68

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Ironically, I don't think Buffalo will get as much for Eichel as I think most people think. We see it all the time when the trade proposals are waaay out of whack with the reality of the trade.

I think we have the assets to get Eichel as much as any other team. I don't think we have the want or a GM willing to give what it takes to make a trade of that caliber. Simply put, Bergevin won't make a trade he doesn't think he'll win. In Eichel's case, it would take a package that might be too big for him to concede. Just like not wanting to give up Poehling for ROR. It's just not in his DNA to make that deal and give up the youth and picks it would take. Funny enough, Bergevin has done way better in trades than in developing youth, so it would be to his advantage to make a deal and give up the youth.

I'm not holding my breath on any significant changes just yet. Maybe if we get swept, we could see a purge in management but otherwise, expect the expected!
IMO the key will be a combination of providing a minimum of 3-high end assets including a potential 1C + being able to take on all or most of Eichel’s $9M cap hit...

Reactions: Sterling Archer

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Why would they get outbid ? The Habs should be all over this. Can't tank, can't sign ufas, its the only way they can acquire a 1C.

The Habs have so many trade chips to make this happen
Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Guhle, 1st 2021, Norlinder/Struble/Harris, Caufield, Romanov
My god , are you ok ?
You really think

Toffoli-Eichel-Anderson
Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Poehling-****
Byron-Evans-****

Chariot-Weber
Edmundson-Petry
Kulak-Ouellet

Will make this team better? LMAO

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
My god , are you ok ?
You really think

Toffoli-Eichel-Anderson
Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Poehling-****
Byron-Evans-****

Chariot-Weber
Edmundson-Petry
Kulak-Ouellet

Will make this team better? LMAO

He is simply stating the assets we have as opposed to a package...

Opps sorry ignore i just saw the exchange after i posted

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
IMO the key will be a combination of providing a minimum of 3-high end assets including a potential 1C + being able to take on all or most of Eichel’s $9M cap hit...
I think is accurate but it won’t be a teams top 3 prospect. Usually a top prospect, 1st, top 6 player and possible salary dump. 3-4 pieces with a prized prospect and top 10ish pick as the core of the deal.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Massive trade offer with Buffalo

Jack Eichel
Rasmussen Dahlin
Victor Olofsson

for

Nick Suzuki
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Alexander Romanov
Cayden Primeau

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
In what way does one of the most talented player in the league needs to be physical?
I would say in the way that he needs to be able to take a check and take contact.

Not that i necessarily agree with the poster you were replying to. I would still take the chance though cause we desperately need someone like him.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
We need to make this trade for Eichel.

number 1 centers don’t become available. Then again Bergevin didn’t trade for Dubois so I don’t know if he’s capable of making a trade like this.

Nick Suzuki is really good but a franchise center like Eichel? We are talking about Austin Matthews stratosphere.

there’s no touchable
I looked at his numbers real quick, i think the guy has played a full season once. I will admit I haven't watched him play that much but comparing to Matthews is not realistic IMO. In fact, based on Suzuki progress he may very well be in the same ball park point wise as Eichel within the next couple years. I am stat watching yes...but you would be trading a possible close to equivalent player (IMO) down the road ++ for a guy that seems to get injured quite a bit. Anyways I doubt MB will offer up what will be required to obtain him.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

I hope this is the case with KK. He had a good 17 games until the first few games of April. Scored 10 points (as much as Suzuki), looked like he was finally putting things together, then he fell down as hard as last year and the year before.

Knowing he couldn't physically or mentally handle the length of the last two seasons, I'm guessing that April schedule might have had an impact. I hope so because the last month has made me regret going to bat for him so often.

A bit unrelated, but if Jarmo really believes in that mentality and is desperate for a center, I hope we can get Werenski for KK+.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Well clearly KK has tons of value if you think the franchise will be dead if we trade away KK in favour of Danault, so it falls in line with what you said.
Never said the franchise would be at risk if we trade KK

But it will be at risk if they use Danault as top 6 money salary. We already have 5-6 dead weights deals. If KK is traded and Danault is kept at 3.5m~3.75m~ it'S fine. But beyond that it's a waste of money.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Montreal will trade for Dylan Larkin this summer

You've heard it here first :naughty:

I would actually be very down with this trade as long as we didn't give up a ridiculous package in return...unfortunately, I imagine that Yzerman would want a bucketload back for Larkin and I don't blame him...kid might be mercurial and even seem disengaged quite often, but he's ridiculously talented and seems to have a very high Hockey IQ...

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Eichel wasn't healthy this year. Careful trading lots of players for a guy who may have a short career. Vertebral injuries are bad.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Not a MB move, but if we were to get a new GM...

To Buffalo
Weber, Chiarot, Byron

To Mtl
Ristolainen, Skinner (1M retained)
--------

To Anh
Poehling, Drouin, Kulak, 2nd

To Mtl
Comtois, Fowler
-----------
Comtois - Danault - Gallagher
Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield