Proposal: Trade Thread Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Could David Perron finally make his way to the Canadiens?
Dan Robertson of TSN 690 believes so.
Robertson says it's the name at the top of the list for potential trade targets and is more than affordable at his current $4million cap hit for the next two seasons. He registered 25 goals in 71 games this past season with the Blues and Robertson says he'd be the perfect place holder until Cole Caufield is ready. He's got loads of playoff experience and would have a certain comfort level with former teammates Edmundson and Allen around.

Perron is a good player, I'd love him on the Habs.

But I don't know why the Blues would look to unload him before the likes of Steen and Bozak. I'll assume because they can get rid of the entirety of Perron's salary while they'd probably have to eat a percentage of the other two.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would acquire Perreault back and a softener (2nd might be too much, maybe 2nd next year) for cap instead of signing Koivu

Not me. I rather have someone good on faceoffs and more physical type center. Trade for Bozak if you don't like Koivu. I would have no issues with the 37 year old Koivu for one year to buy time for Evans.

We need to put a stop on sub 6'-0" players. Less of them, not more! If you move Danault, there has to be a plan to bring in a mature center with size and good at the intangibles.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Not me. I rather have someone good on faceoffs and more physical type center. Trade for Bozak if you don't like Koivu. I would have no issues with the 37 year old Koivu for one year to buy time for Evans.

We need to put a stop on sub 6'-0" players. Less of them, not more! If you move Danault, there has to be a plan to bring in a mature center with size and good at the intangibles.
I'm not sure Evans needs more time, I really think he's at that stage to grow into the 4C role...but I'm not one to complain if he gets more time in the AHL.

IF they are going to bring in a 4C I would much rather it be Brassard.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Could David Perron finally make his way to the Canadiens?
Dan Robertson of TSN 690 believes so.
Robertson says it's the name at the top of the list for potential trade targets and is more than affordable at his current $4million cap hit for the next two seasons. He registered 25 goals in 71 games this past season with the Blues and Robertson says he'd be the perfect place holder until Cole Caufield is ready. He's got loads of playoff experience and would have a certain comfort level with former teammates Edmundson and Allen around.

Perron would be a good add to the Habs for two years. Solid contract and he's a big boy that plays physical and can chip in on offense. I'm interested depending on price to acquire and if there are not other better options (someone younger from 25-30 range).

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I'm not sure Evans needs more time, I really think he's at that stage to grow into the 4C role...but I'm not one to complain if he gets more time in the AHL.

Brassard might be alright, I'd even bring back Uncle Nate over Koivu. Faceoffs are important but if the player can't skate anymore, like Koivu, he should be passed over.

Reactions: OB5

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Yes but without Danault, we have a massive hole at center. Expecting the 20 and 21 year olds to do what they did in the playoffs without Danault? The ripple effects are huge. You need a mature center in the mix while Suzuki and KK mature.

Evans starts at 4C and play him there all year while he learns that role. Then promote him to 3C if he proves he can handle in for a full season. Koivu would be a solid piece for that one year... if you move Danault.

We are not a 100% rebuilding team where you can live with learning on the job. I'm not going to ignore good years of Price and Weber.

Reactions: Garnet76

OB5

May 2, 2015
Yes but without Danault, we have a massive hole at center. Expecting the 20 and 21 year olds to do what they did in the playoffs without Danault? The ripple effects are huge. You need a mature center in the mix while Suzuki and KK mature.

Evans starts at 4C and play him there all year while he learns that role. Then promote him to 3C if he proves he can handle in for a full season. Koivu would be a solid piece for that one year... if you move Danault.
I don't think they should move Danault unless the contract talks go nowhere. As you said you can't lose him at this stage in the game.

Reactions: 1909

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Brassard might be alright, I'd even bring back Uncle Nate over Koivu. Faceoffs are important but if the player can't skate anymore, like Koivu, he should be passed over.

You don't get the point. You need a physical guy who is good at the intangibles in the mix if you move Danault. Brassard or Perreault are not it. If you think Koivu is done, trade for Bozak. That type

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
You don't get the point. You need a physical guy who is good at the intangibles in the mix if you move Danault. Brassard or Perreault are not it. If you think Koivu is done, trade for Bozak. That type
I get the point fine, thanks. Koivu is finished

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
No room for Perron on LW unless we trade one or more of Tatar, Drouin or Domi. Hopefully none of them for Perron straight up.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think they should move Danault unless the contract talks go nowhere. As you said you can't lose him at this stage in the game.

We agree on that. But I'm not saying no to Laine trade talk. I'd be fine with moving Danault if you can find a mature physical type that is good at intangibles. Suzuki, KK, and Evans as the centers with out Danault? It's risky if you don't have a plan to replace Danault for a year or two while the young kids mature.

Koivu comes to mind and free to acquire. Probably can get him for cheap too. It's not about points. It's about having a rock to rely on while the kids mature.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I get the point fine, thanks. Koivu is finished

I don't believe he is finished. Corsi is still around 50% and he started in the defensive zone about 60% of the time. He's solid at the intangibles. But hey, if you don't like that, go get Bozak for one year. Blues still need cap space. You need to look past points for that mature center type

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No room for Perron on LW unless we trade one or more of Tatar, Drouin or Domi. Hopefully none of them for Perron straight up.

If Perron can play RW for the Blues, he can play RW for the Habs. We also have Lehkonen who is good on the RW side. Byron and Tatar can play both sides too.

If Perron is the only fit for the size/skating/ with some scoring ability... you going to say no and sit back and do nothing? It's a 2 year contract. We can be picky all we want but the reality is, we are not going to be able to cheery pick Laine away from the Jets for the price we want to pay.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Shoe Pigeon

I'm not the one who wants to trade our most mature center and replace him with a Pigeon. You are. Not my problem you don't understand the hockey team concept in terms of having the right pieces in the right places. Turning it into an insult when you don't have anything of substance in the debate? Do you think I was lying when Koivu sill has 50% corsi and almost 60% of defensive zone starts? What are your reasons why you think he is finish? Cause he got 21 pts in 55 games? Cause he is 37 next year? Give me your reasons?

OB5

May 2, 2015
We agree on that. But I'm not saying no to Laine trade talk. I'd be fine with moving Danault if you can find a mature physical type that is good at intangibles. Suzuki, KK, and Evans as the centers with out Danault? It's risky if you don't have a plan to replace Danault for a year or two while the young kids mature.

Koivu comes to mind and free to acquire. Probably can get him for cheap too. It's not about points. It's about having a rock to rely on while the kids mature.
Completely agreed, just not sold on Koivu as an option.

OB5

May 2, 2015
I'd have to see other options. Bozak is one. I would steer clear of anybody in the smaller size frame type. We would need a mature center who is good at the intangibles.

I just happen to really like Brassard and I think he can thrive in this role...plus he definitely still has some juice left in the tank. the FA crop is very thin but perhaps Carl Soderberg would be a good fit.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I just happen to really like Brassard and I think he can thrive in this role...plus he definitely still has some juice left in the tank. the FA crop is very thin but perhaps Carl Soderberg would be a good fit.
It would be nice if we could have the 4th line more on the physical side on things going forward.

Soda isn't very strong on faceoffs. That could work against him.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

We are not a 100% rebuilding team where you can live with learning on the job. I'm not going to ignore good years of Price and Weber.
Doesn't matter this team ended up 24th. Pretty sure we can live with a guy that produce 0 offense by himself

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Wouldn't surprise me that we trad Danault and Domi

and probably trade Gallagher or tatar at the next deadline

So we keep Suzuki , KK , Drouin 1 of Tatar or Gallagher and have 2 new wingers on the top 6.

We can find a good 3rd line center at cheaper price than , sure that center will probably be less effective but our wings on the top 6 should be way better.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
If Perron can play RW for the Blues, he can play RW for the Habs. We also have Lehkonen who is good on the RW side. Byron and Tatar can play both sides too.

If Perron is the only fit for the size/skating/ with some scoring ability... you going to say no and sit back and do nothing? It's a 2 year contract. We can be picky all we want but the reality is, we are not going to be able to cheery pick Laine away from the Jets for the price we want to pay.
AGREED,

that is the type of body we need, tough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad