Proposal: Trade thread #66

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Hall would not exactly be going to a less stressful environment if he were traded in Montreal. Why would he stop gripping his stick any less. I don't know what to make of this version of Hall but the Sabres are asking for a first round pick plus. Begs the question of what the opportunity cost would be on the market if the Habs were to float a similar package to that currently demanded by the Sabres.

Of all the years to come to Montreal, this would easily be the least stressful with no fans in the building... Not sure what his French is like, but doubt he'd ever listen to that media, which further limits the "noise"...

But yeah, I wouldn't be paying the farm to get him. A 1st & prospect not named Cole, K/Caiden or Ryan? I'd think long and hard if that's the cost AND we are making another win-now move (though my personal preference is to focus on contending in 2-3yrs, so I'd rather us sell vs buy)

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
A 1st, Fleury, vet cap is only a starting point in the sense that you haven't included the main piece in the deal. Would you trade Gaudreau for a package that included as it's best piece a non-lottery 1st in a reportedly weak draft?

Re: Drouin, at this point I'd move him for free. We could use that cap space for better things. I can't think of a team that would rather have him at 5.5M than the cap space to amuse elsewhere. Can you?

We traded patches for a 2nd, recent mid-round 1st & cap dump...

How much more valuable is Gaudreau... Especially when you consider the market (far tougher now to move big contracts), patches bargain cap hit, and the urgency to move the player given coaching direction (speculation, of course).

Would fans want a massive return? Obviously.
Will Gaudreau get anything close to fan value? Highly doubt it.

Put it differently... Would you give up blue chip prospects or elite cost controlled youth for
Gaudreau at this point? Do you think any team would?

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We traded patches for a 2nd, recent mid-round 1st & cap dump...

How much more valuable is Gaudreau... Especially when you consider the market (far tougher now to move big contracts), patches bargain cap hit, and the urgency to move the player given coaching direction (speculation, of course).

Would fans want a massive return? Obviously.
Will Gaudreau get anything close to fan value? Highly doubt it.

Put it differently... Would you give up blue chip prospects or elite cost controlled youth for
Gaudreau at this point? Do you think any team would?

Suzuki w as s the key piece to the deal. He was a recent 1st rounder, but more than a lottery pick he was progressing well.

Take out Fleury and the 1st and put in a 2nd and one of our blue chip prospects and then you have a similar deal to the Pacioretty deal... we don't really have anyone similar to Suzuki in our system right now. Caufield before the start of this season would be similar. But now he's progressed to higher a level of prospect than Suzuki was at the time. Same with Romanov. Guhle's a great prospect, but a more stay at home D...

Yes, I think a contender could give up a 2nd and a blue chip prospect for Gaudreau.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If Gaudreau gets moved he’s going back home to NJD or Philly - zero doubt IMO

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
JD needs to go, but who wants him at that coin

KK worries me, drafted 3rd and no big leaps and bounds on his progress.
Brady is what this team needs, not a 3rd liner in KK

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Just throwing this out there, Mantha’s been scratched a few games lately and it’s just not working out in Det.

I could see a Mantha for Drouin swap in the works this summer, if season ends poorly for Drouin

I think Mantha has more value around the league at this point.

Drouin's been aucking for a while, Mantha more this year - on an offensively anemic team.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I think Mantha has more value around the league at this point.

Drouin's been aucking for a while, Mantha more this year - on an offensively anemic team.
As legendary Jim Devellano publicly said a few years back -
“Does this guy seriously think he’s got commitment to be a hockey player, we made a mistake drafting him”...

Then came back a couple of days later after PR crisis to state "Very, very, very disappointing, And I say that with a lot of sadness. Coming out of junior, we had such high hopes for him."

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
As legendary Jim Devellano publicly said a few years back -
“Does this guy seriously think he’s got commitment to be a hockey player, we made a mistake drafting him”...

Then came back a couple of days later after PR crisis to state "Very, very, very disappointing, And I say that with a lot of sadness. Coming out of junior, we had such high hopes for him."

Well Drouin for Mantha is infinitely more realistic than Drouin for Gaudreau proposals being posted.

The thing is, since that person you quoted 3 years ago, Mantha's had 3 good seasons before this one. Drouin hasn't had one.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Who is this NHL Rumors guy? Looked him up, he posts anonymously and has no credentials. Is he credible?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
JD needs to go, but who wants him at that coin

KK worries me, drafted 3rd and no big leaps and bounds on his progress.
Brady is what this team needs, not a 3rd liner in KK

Here's a hot take. KK is our best centerman. He's been better than Suzuki for a good while and Danualt brings near zero offence threat. KK also been best on face offs and is a hitting machine while being one of the youngest players in the NHL. Once he's more established, fills out and confident, I see him as our no.1 center for years to come.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Just throwing this out there, Mantha’s been scratched a few games lately and it’s just not working out in Det.

I could see a Mantha for Drouin swap in the works this summer, if season ends poorly for Drouin
Stevie Y is still laughing at MB over dumping Drouin to the habs, do you really think he would take JD back and put him on Detroit?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Stevie Y is still laughing at MB over dumping Drouin to the habs, do you really think he would take JD back and put him on Detroit?
Yup - because Mantha’s effort level makes Drouin look like Gallagher simply because of optics...big body

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I see. So the answer as to whether the anonymous rumor mongerer guy is credible is to post more tweets from unnamed and unverifiable sources.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad