Proposal: Trade thread #66

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I love the enthusiasm for the home run swing trade, but I don't see it happening. Bergevin made his big moves in the summer and the team has no cap. While I'd love to get a marquee named player before the deadline, my expectations are more inline with a depth D or bottom 6 forward to add more depth going into a tough homestretch.

If he did manage a home run type trade, my hats off to him and he must know he's on the hook.

Reactions: sampollock

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I love the enthusiasm for the home run swing trade, but I don't see it happening. Bergevin made his big moves in the summer and the team has no cap. While I'd love to get a marquee named player before the deadline, my expectations are more inline with a depth D or bottom 6 forward to add more depth going into a tough homestretch.

If he did manage a home run type trade, my hats off to him and he must know he's on the hook.
Not really....an opportunity needs to present itself It really does take two to tango. Why did it take Flyers 35-years to find goaltending? Did no Philly GM want to win?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

I think we can say the same about every GM, especially this year. The big trade are usually made in he offseason. At the TDL, it's more rental that are being move.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Not really....an opportunity needs to present itself It really does take two to tango. Why did it take Flyers 35-years to find goaltending? Did no Philly GM want to win?
There's a different mind set when you've set organization to win right now. This year presents the Habs best chance to get to the semi's as we nly play weaker divisional teams until then. He loaded up in the offseason, has multiple U/RFA's this offseason and an expansion draft where we'll lose another piece. Price and Weber are on the back side of their careers and I don't care whether Bergevin believes in windows or not, ours is literally this year or bust. That's why he shored up center with Staal and is rumoured to be actively working the phones. But unless he can find a GM to take back a lot of cap, he just doesn't have the space to move, and other teams like Toronto, Tampa, Vegas etc who are just as much in a bind but feel they have a better shot, can and will out bid Montreal on a piece they think is key for them to win.

So we're in a weird situation where the want and need is there but the desperation and willingness may not be equal to that of competing teams who think they have a better shot. That's why I think it's more likely to add smaller piece than a massive one like Hanfin or Lindholm which would be great, but highly unlikely IMO.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
MattiasEkholm for PaulByron RyanPoehling 1st round pick and a conditional second round pick

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Ekholm isn't getting traded anymore with the Preds back in the playoff race. Hanifin would be absurdly expensive with Flames fans saying that he's been one of their better players this year (and still young). Goligoski has a very high cap hit and his skating isn't good. Ghost is atrocious defensively and doesn't make up for it offensively, plus he's got another year left. Dunn and Montour make the most sense, but their consistency is very questionable.

I wonder if Bergevin just signs Norlinder and have him come over.

Reactions: le_sean

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Hall to the Islanders makes a lot of sense. A decent replacement for Lee. But the Isles need more than one offensive player to be a true contender.
I'm pretty sure they could afford both Hall and Hoffman at 50%.

Hall-Barzal-Eberle
Hoffman-Nelson-Bailey
Beauvillier-Pageau-Wahlstrom
Clutterbuck-Cizikas-Martin

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Ekholm isn't getting traded anymore with the Preds back in the playoff race. Hanifin would be absurdly expensive with Flames fans saying that he's been one of their better players this year (and still young). Goligoski has a very high cap hit and his skating isn't good. Ghost is atrocious defensively and doesn't make up for it offensively, plus he's got another year left. Dunn and Montour make the most sense, but their consistency is very questionable.

Vaatanen from New Jersey as well for an option on defense that should be cheap. Or Murray.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'm pretty sure they could afford both Hall and Hoffman at 50%.

Hall-Barzal-Eberle
Hoffman-Nelson-Bailey
Beauvillier-Pageau-Wahlstrom
Clutterbuck-Cizikas-Martin

They could certainly fit both but I don’t think Hoffman is much of a Trotz or Lamiorello type of player.

I see them getting Hall and someone like Dzingel.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

For Goligoski, Arizona can retain 50 % of his cap hit, so his cap hit would be 2,8m. I don't think he's slow to, he's maybe not as fast has he was but he's still a good skater and he is a really efficient puck mover what would help and he can take big minutes defensively. Not the sexiest acquisition I agree, but Coyotes fan where ok with Goligoski 50% retain against 3rd round pick. At that price, I would take the chance if there is not a better option. He's better then Mete/Kulak/Ouellet and it's not even close. An other thing that I like it's that he can play both side without problem so if he can't take the top 4 minutes, he would be a great partner for Romanov on a 3rd pair. He did the same thing with Chychrun

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Pierre Lebrun said on the athletic that Bergevin had an other deal in work Friday with Staal, and that's why he was maybe trying to move money

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
They could certainly fit both but I don’t think Hoffman is much of a Trotz or Lamiorello type of player.

I see them getting Hall and someone like Dzingel.
They could use Hoffmans deadly shot as an option on the PP similar to how Trotz used OV. Dzingel is a good option too though, of course it depends of the price. It's a good market to get a forward.

For Goligoski, Arizona can retain 50 % of his cap hit, so his cap hit would be 2,8m. I don't think he's slow to, he's maybe not as fast has he was but he's still a good skater and he is a really efficient puck mover what would help and he can take big minutes defensively. Not the sexiest acquisition I agree, but Coyotes fan where ok with Goligoski 50% retain against 3rd round pick. At that price, I would take the chance if there is not a better option. He's better then Mete/Kulak/Ouellet and it's not even close. An other thing that I like it's that he can play both side without problem so if he can't take the top 4 minutes, he would be a great partner for Romanov on a 3rd pair. He did the same thing with Chychrun
Well we would still need to make a trade to accommodate his 2.8m. He's not painfully slow, but we already got Edmundson, Chiarot and Weber, we need a plus skater.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
They could use Hoffmans deadly shot as an option on the PP similar to how Trotz used OV. Dzingel is a good option too though, of course it depends of the price. It's a good market to get a forward.

Well we would still need to make a trade to accommodate his 2.8m. He's not painfully slow, but we already got Edmundson, Chiarot and Weber, we need a plus skater.
Golgoski is a way better skater then those guy and Armia out and you're ok.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I don't think cap is an issue.

We currently have 3 extra forwards and 4 if Caufield is ready down the stretch.

We can easily include both Lehkonen and Armia in trades because teams won't be on the hook for their salaries after this year.
Their salaries are 5M combined. So we could get up to a 10M dollar player, where the other team retains 50%, include Lehk and Army in the deal, and we haven't increased our cap hit by a dime.

It's giving up futures that MB doesn't have a track record of doing. But this year may be different... Weber is in last stand, and Price isn't getting any ounger...

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
FWIW - Kulikov is playing really well, and even at 30 hasn’t lost a step or lateral mobility. IMO, he’s one of the unheralded reasons for Subban’s improvement on D - would slot nicely next to Weber, providing complementary skill set.

Acquisition cost should also be very digestible...

Reactions: Miller Time

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Ghost bear clears waivers

send byron + 2nd for 25% retained ghost

edit: he looks like shit now but he’s had elite years in philly and could be insulated here with our defensive big guys

Reactions: HankyZetts

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Golgoski is a way better skater then those guy and Armia out and you're ok.
I admittedly haven't seen the Yotes that much, but it's not entirely encouraging what their fans are saying.
Hes a RD but he played LD before.

Murray has been healthy for a while now and he's probably the best option if they can't get Lindholm/Ekholm.
Wasn't he just injured this year? Anyways, this team needs a PMD. Murray has 15 points in the last 53 games. He likely won't bring any improvement in production from the backend or goalscoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->