Proposal: Trade thread #66

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I see. So the answer as to whether the anonymous ruumor mongerer guy is credible is to post more tweets from unnamed and unverifiable sources.
Isn’t there a scientific term called Eklunditis? Simply associate every team with every player...hey I called it!

Reactions: Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Suzuki w as s the key piece to the deal. He was a recent 1st rounder, but more than a lottery pick he was progressing well.

Take out Fleury and the 1st and put in a 2nd and one of our blue chip prospects and then you have a similar deal to the Pacioretty deal... we don't really have anyone similar to Suzuki in our system right now. Caufield before the start of this season would be similar. But now he's progressed to higher a level of prospect than Suzuki was at the time. Same with Romanov. Guhle's a great prospect, but a more stay at home D...

Yes, I think a contender could give up a 2nd and a blue chip prospect for Gaudreau.

Suzuki was a 13th overall pick, which is mid round, the lottery factor is irrelevant after the lottery happens.

His post draft year was fine, but not particularly a breakout season or pushing him into blue chip territory. Glass was still the considerably higher rated prospect.

I'd say Guhle is absolutely a similar, if not a bit more valuable asset at d+1 than Suzuki was.
Guhle + 2nd + cap included vet vs 1st + Fleury + vet? probably same ballpark value, though I'd much prefer keeping Guhle & giving up the 1st/Fleury.

Anyhow, it's all highly debatable & depends on variables/preferences we have no way of knowing.

Valimaki is actually the asset I'm more keen on getting. We can likely find an adequate alternative to a Gaudreau at far less cost, both asset-wise and cap-wise in the summer.... Hence why I really don't think his value, right now, is where you place it to be.

Granlund, Hoffman, Tatar, Hall, RNH, Palmieri, Pearson, Schwartz, Saad...et.
Plus the stars like Ovie & Landeskog...
Plus the contract players cash-strapped teams will be making available...

Flames will be hard-pressed getting fan value in a deal this summer.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Here's a hot take. KK is our best centerman. He's been better than Suzuki for a good while and Danualt brings near zero offence threat. KK also been best on face offs and is a hitting machine while being one of the youngest players in the NHL. Once he's more established, fills out and confident, I see him as our no.1 center for years to come.
If hes the best center why is he on the fourth line and or wing

Got the league right where we want them

Reactions: dinodebino

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Here's a hot take. KK is our best centerman. He's been better than Suzuki for a good while and Danualt brings near zero offence threat. KK also been best on face offs and is a hitting machine while being one of the youngest players in the NHL. Once he's more established, fills out and confident, I see him as our no.1 center for years to come.

McGuire called KK a Brahma bull in the making

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Tony is on a rant, love it

I grew up with #22, #10, #12, #19, #,6, #21, #23 and more....
JD and these little babies getting paid that much. Sit him up in the sky box, let him see the NHL is for men, not babies who need to get paid, JD sat out in TB cause he did not like things, well you got out , so start playing you tool
It was very entertaining......lol

He’s been better of late, I stopped listening to him for a while as I found him very disrespectful towards certain callers of lower IQ, like very low, it was just in bad taste but he’s stayed away from that type of “entertainment” and has become entertaining again.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Suzuki was a 13th overall pick, which is mid round, the lottery factor is irrelevant after the lottery happens.

His post draft year was fine, but not particularly a breakout season or pushing him into blue chip territory. Glass was still the considerably higher rated prospect.

I'd say Guhle is absolutely a similar, if not a bit more valuable asset at d+1 than Suzuki was.
Guhle + 2nd + cap included vet vs 1st + Fleury + vet? probably same ballpark value, though I'd much prefer keeping Guhle & giving up the 1st/Fleury.

Anyhow, it's all highly debatable & depends on variables/preferences we have no way of knowing.

Valimaki is actually the asset I'm more keen on getting. We can likely find an adequate alternative to a Gaudreau at far less cost, both asset-wise and cap-wise in the summer.... Hence why I really don't think his value, right now, is where you place it to be.

Granlund, Hoffman, Tatar, Hall, RNH, Palmieri, Pearson, Schwartz, Saad...et.
Plus the stars like Ovie & Landeskog...
Plus the contract players cash-strapped teams will be making available...

Flames will be hard-pressed getting fan value in a deal this summer.

At the time of the Pacioretty deal, I was ecstatic to get a great C prospect like Suzuki, a 2nd, and a roster player like Tatar. That was my opinion.

Gaudreau for a 1st, Fleury, and Drouin is a horrible trade for Calgary, in my opinion.

The two aren't even in the same stratosphere. You don't trade a talent like Gaudreau for a bunch of mediocre assets. A 13th overall center that is progressing well isn't in the same universe as a pick outside the lottery in a bad draft. If you take off your hat that is trying to fleece the Flames you'll see that.

Guhle gets you closer. But defensive dmen with only so much offensive upside don't have as much value as centers with offensive upside.

If you were the Flames GM, would you trade Gaudreau for our 1st, Fleury, and Drouin?

Reactions: jaffy27

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
The best way to move Drouin and get something back of value have to throw in a pick and prospect and take back a bad contract and buy it out....tons of teams with bad contacts ...Okposo,Neal,Little who would just be a LTIR money probably will never play again,and some contracts are way to bad to touch with a 10 foot pole ...Skinner,Vlasic type deals.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
The best way to move Drouin and get something back of value have to throw in a pick and prospect and take back a bad contract and buy it out....tons of teams with bad contacts ...Okposo,Neal,Little who would just be a LTIR money probably will never play again,and some contracts are way to bad to touch with a 10 foot pole ...Skinner,Vlasic type deals.
sounds like MB has a new anchor on the team

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Drouin + for Hall

same production this season.

Buffalo saves money this season, picks up an asset, and adds a top 6 player for next season (free agents will likely avoid). Optimistic, but if it really is a buyers market ...

Mtl banks on a change of scenery helping Hall and gets flexibility building next year’s roster.

.... then trade Kulak + for Dunn. (I’d rather move mete, but Kulak has similar cap to Dunn ).

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If hes the best center why is he on the fourth line and or wing

Got the league right where we want them
He’s the youngest and rawest and able to play RW on the top line. I don’t make the rules but when he’s playing center with talented wingers, his line is almost always dangerous. Just like when he went on the PP and it immediately improved.

Reactions: dinodebino

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
According to Canadiens' insider Renaud Lavoie, that deal might be with the St. Louis Blues.
Lavoie reports that the Canadiens could end up pursuing both Tyler Bozak and Vince Dunn from the Blues.
Bozak would give the team some forward depth as we've already seen injuries to Josh Anderson and Tyler Toffoli this season and now Gallagher out until the playoffs. The 35 year old carries a modified no trade clause but is UFA after this season and can take a face off when needed as the team still continues to have some faceoff struggles.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
According to Canadiens' insider Renaud Lavoie, that deal might be with the St. Louis Blues.
Lavoie reports that the Canadiens could end up pursuing both Tyler Bozak and Vince Dunn from the Blues.
Bozak would give the team some forward depth as we've already seen injuries to Josh Anderson and Tyler Toffoli this season and now Gallagher out until the playoffs. The 35 year old carries a modified no trade clause but is UFA after this season and can take a face off when needed as the team still continues to have some faceoff struggles.
Lol Tyler Bozak

Staal
Danault
Bozak

Just to make sure Suzuki and Kotkaniemi really don't get it, lmao.

I actually want em to do it.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
rather have Hoffman and Dunn.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Important to say though that Lavoie was speculated, it wasn't a report that he had

Transactions: les cibles de Marc Bergevin - TVA Sports

«Là maintenant, il a un peu plus de latitude. C’est un peu plus de 2 millions $ qu’il obtient pour aller chercher un autre joueur. Donc, oui, on pourrait impliquer des choix au repêchage dans une prochaine transaction. Mais la tendance est lourde avec Marc Bergevin. Il cherche des anciens gagnants de la coupe Stanley. Et ça, je pense que c’est encore pour lui une priorité. Nos yeux vont se tourner du côté des Blues. Est-ce que c’est Tyler Bozak, Vince Dunn, qui gagne moins de 2 millions $ par année?
«Soudainement, il peut travailler un peu plus. Il a les mains beaucoup moins liées qu’il y a quelques jours.»

Reactions: Adam Michaels

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Important to say though that Lavoie was speculated, it wasn't a report that he had

Transactions: les cibles de Marc Bergevin - TVA Sports

«Là maintenant, il a un peu plus de latitude. C’est un peu plus de 2 millions $ qu’il obtient pour aller chercher un autre joueur. Donc, oui, on pourrait impliquer des choix au repêchage dans une prochaine transaction. Mais la tendance est lourde avec Marc Bergevin. Il cherche des anciens gagnants de la coupe Stanley. Et ça, je pense que c’est encore pour lui une priorité. Nos yeux vont se tourner du côté des Blues. Est-ce que c’est Tyler Bozak, Vince Dunn, qui gagne moins de 2 millions $ par année?
«Soudainement, il peut travailler un peu plus. Il a les mains beaucoup moins liées qu’il y a quelques jours.»
can see Dunn, but not bozak

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad