Proposal: Trade thread #66

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Drouin + 1st.

kill two bids with one hometownboy
I would not give a 1st for Hall. He is likely a rental. If Montour is included... different story.

And actually, taking a look at him... he's a right shot. We need a guy on the left.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The problem would be the cap.
As for the actual player swap... we'd have nothing to lose. Drouin contributes nothing right now. Worst case scenario is Hall comes in and doesn't contribute and we're no worse off.

Blueliner is the bigger need though.
Drouin is in a bad stretch but Hall isn’t trending well either. He is older and UFA. I have no issue trading Drouin but I be hesitant to do it for a rental that isn’t trending in the right direction.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Drouin is in a bad stretch but Hall isn’t trending well either. He is older and UFA. I have no issue trading Drouin but I be hesitant to do it for a rental that isn’t trending in the right direction.
I'd do it to rid ourselves of the Drouin contract. Hall also has more talent for a stretch run.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
I would not give a 1st for Hall. He is likely a rental. If Montour is included... different story.

And actually, taking a look at him... he's a right shot. We need a guy on the left.
That first is probably not worth much anyway. Draft doesn’t seem very good.
Also we need to get rid of Drouin, he’s a tough sell without actual value (the first pick in this instance since that’s what Buffalo wants )

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Not interested in acquiring players that can't contribute over the next 2-3 years. About to hit a wall with Price/Weber/Petry/UFAs and I don't care enough to move out big assets to keep trying with this core.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
In all honesty I think I'd try to get Hall and move Drouin in the deal for him.

They need to find a way to move Drouin and this would at least bring some value back.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Drouin + 1st.

kill two bids with one hometownboy

As bad as Drouin has been, we don’t need to move him in a package as a cap dump. I doubt we’re in the Hall sweepstakes, but if they want a first for him, they can take Byron.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
They need to find a way to move Drouin and this would at least bring some value back.

Do they really though? He's a streaky second-line player and is paid like one. Just a scapegoat for a team that's built on really rocky foundations.

It does absolutely nothing to fix fundamental issues on defence and up the middle.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Do they really though? He's a streaky second-line player and is paid like one. Just a scapegoat for a team that's built on really rocky foundations.

It does absolutely nothing to fix fundamental issues on defence and up the middle.

Would it hurt to explore the market for him?

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I'd do it to rid ourselves of the Drouin contract. Hall also has more talent for a stretch run.
Hall might be more talented or drive better results but it pretty much almost a coin flip since he hasn’t done much in the past few years. He is the biggest name out there but also the most expensive it isn’t just Drouin you would probably have to give a 1st round pick and Drouin is not out worst contract... I just think there most be a cheaper to way to acquire player and that could have a similar or greater impact.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Would it hurt to explore the market for him?

I don't think there is a market. Unless you've got a tonne of faith in Bergevin to pull a Galchenyuk/Domi/Anderson type of deal, I don't see the point. He's not taking a roster spot from anyone and he's paid about equivalent to how he performs. Big meh from me to treat him like a cap dump.

This team needs fundamental changes, not deck shuffling.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't think there is a market. Unless you've got a tonne of faith in Bergevin to pull a Galchenyuk/Domi/Anderson type of deal, I don't see the point. He's not taking a roster spot from anyone and he's paid about equivalent to how he performs. Big meh from me to treat him like a cap dump.

This team needs fundamental changes, not deck shuffling.

Fundamental changes means a change in management. I don't disagree with the notion, if that's what you mean.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I dont know what the management's plan is regarding Caufield, but if they don't intend to use him for the nhl playoffs, I would look to trade for Hoffman if he can be had for a 2nd round pick.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
lol David Savard the perfect candidate
french canadian
slow rhd
no talent to move the puck

seems like we have a perfect match

I'd like to go for a home run. No more mediocrity. We're a mediocre team and should try to find a player to take us to the next level.

Hall may suck. But he may also still be the player he was a couple of years ago. I'd rather take a chance than stay the same.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I'd like to go for a home run. No more mediocrity. We're a mediocre team and should try to find a player to take us to the next level.

Hall may suck. But he may also still be the player he was a couple of years ago. I'd rather take a chance than stay the same.
Indeed if we trade for a LHD it should be in the longterm , a big hockey trade , which I think it will not happen until after the expansion.

As for hall , id trade him for Drouin and a 1st (shitty draft this season) and we can't draft for shit. Just to get rid of his contract and have Hall that could maybe do something in the games remaining , but I wouldn't spend 7m for 7 years to Taylor Hall , seems like another disaster.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Indeed if we trade for a LHD it should be in the longterm , a big hockey trade , which I think it will not happen until after the expansion.

As for hall , id trade him for Drouin and a 1st (shitty draft this season) and we can't draft for shit. Just to get rid of his contract and have Hall that could maybe do something in the games remaining , but I wouldn't spend 7m for 7 years to Taylor Hall , seems like another disaster.

I'd do Drouin and a 1st. But I think the Sabres are going to somehow look to do a quick turnaround, so they won't want Drouin's contract, along with th Okposo and Skinner contracts, on their books for 2 more years. I think they're delusional and it's clear they need a full rebuild. But I think that's their thinking.

Tatar-Gallagher
Toffoli-Anderson
Hall-Caufield

Would be a nice set of top 9 wingers going forward.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

i feel you... but imo I'd rather target that home run in assets that aren't just rentals.

If the flames pivot to "sellers", which Treliving's comments today suggest may very well be the case, i'd push hard to get a deal done with them around Gaudreau/Valimaki.

Gaudreau is not meshing well in Sutterville (1g, 3 points in 14 games), and was already teetering on the trade block... He's got ppg skill and goal scoring touch much needed on our Left side.

Valimaki is in Sutter's dog house big time (healthy scratch 4 of last 5 games)... could be tough love, or could be sutter deciding he's not his "type of player"... But that's the real home run potential. Valimaki has all the tools to be a good, if not great, top 4 LD. Was lighting up the Finnish elite league to start this year before the season, but had back to back injury issue seasons that slowed his development. If/when he gets back on track, he'll be a gem.

I'd offer up something like:
1st, 2nd, Fleury, Chiarot, Drouin.

1st/Drouin/Fleury for Gaudreau
Chiarot/2nd for Valimaki

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad