Proposal: Trade Thread #63

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
what team is paying danault 4 million after this season? probably a short list of teams, let them take him , habs should take that money and go after a better player, at any position . myself i would trade danault asap.
Why ? For a 2nd ? I mean, what's the point ?

Trading or keeping Danault doesn't change anything now and in the futur. There are bigger priorities... Danault, Tatar, Byron, Chiarot are afterthoughts at best, keeping them doesn't change the core of this team nor trading them... Really, it doesn't change the fact that this team is lead by Price, Weber and Gallagher, all underachievers and one of the worst core in the league.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
what team is paying danault 4 million after this season? probably a short list of teams, let them take him , habs should take that money and go after a better player, at any position . myself i would trade danault asap.
Josh Anderson gets 5.5 per year, Danault's play /performance output is not much better than league minimum, with the salary cap staying where it is at for the next 3- 4 years , just wondering what do teams pay for a shut down no goal scoring centre? next year maybe offer him an incentive deal with league minimum , Danault may consider it as an insult offer but considering what he is making now would even it out.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
it pains me to say it, but a C starved team is going to overpay #24 ...maybe not 5 mill, but close. no doubt in my mind. They will see this year as the outlier...contract stress, montreal market etc ...

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Why would the Sabres, who had to acquire Staal to be a 2C, trade a franchise centre for two wingers? If the Habs offer Suzuki and other assets, I would think Buffalo would prefer that.

But the likelihood is LA getting him. They have Vilardi, Byfield and Turcotte to offer. An abundance of great young centres. It’s also better for the Sabres to send him out West to lessen the negative response from fans. Imagine sending him to a team in the same state and he goes on to win the Cup with them.
Gingers don't do well in the sun...just sayin'...so there's that to think about.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Swap Danault and Staal, thatd be amazing.

Or they want him on the wing and he would be an other face-off option ? If we get Staal, I would love to have travel time machine so we could put this team in the early's 2010 with Perry Staal Weber Price

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I don’t if it’s been report here but

LeBrun also stated later on that Staal will likely end up with a US based team due to quarantine.

This AM Bobby Mac said Canes are likely destination, want to bring Staal back to where it all began & play w his brother

Reactions: Vachon23

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
LeBrun also stated later on that Staal will likely end up with a US based team due to quarantine.

This AM Bobby Mac said Canes are likely destination, want to bring Staal back to where it all began & play w his brother

It's not really MB's style to give up quality picks for a 4th line rental center. Staal has less points than Danault and I doubt he's as good defensively at this age. So he'd be our 4c.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Sign me up for Jenner.

And i want i bruiser on that fourth line.

If we repalce

Byron
Lehkonen

for

Jenner
Bruiser like Reaves, Olivier, foligno, etc

We are set.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go back. To be honest I'm a ittle jealous of the Hurricanes and what they have been doing in the last couple of seasons with their roster. That Trocheck trade what a steal!!

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I'm not a fan of Chiarot at all. Kulak neither.

The Edmundson-Petry pairing needs to stick, they've been amazing together. Edmundson is +26. Weber away from Chiarot should do better. I really think we need to go after a top 4 LD. Ekholm would be a dream.

Ekholm-Weber
Edmundson-Petry
Romanov-X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad