Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Chiarot/Edmundson as cap dump
Guhle
1st rounder
Mete for sweetener

That does it for Lindholm pretty sure. Instant best pair in the league with Lindholm-Petry ?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I don't think Lindholm is available
Next two games vs CGY are crucial IMO - if Habs can win both in regulation, that might put the dagger in Flames playoff hopes, and might make Hanafin potentially available, since I don’t think he’s a Sutter type - and there’s no 14-day quarantining issue

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Are you willing to give up a 1st and a 2nd or a gokd prospect for Ekholm?

I think that will be the market price. We'll see. It's steep, but if he can be re-signed it might be worth it.

I just don't know what the trajectory of his career is well enough. Does he project to be good until HF he's 35? Or just until he's 32 or 33? Has he already shown signs of declining? Etc...
Yup I’d pay a 1st+2nd for Ekholm. It would really solidify our D core.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I remember seeing a tweet the day before Toffoli sign saying that MTL and Toffoli had serious discussion

I post this guy's stuff and it gets taken down right away even though he seems to have some legitimate sources

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Chiarot/Edmundson as cap dump
Guhle
1st rounder
Mete for sweetener

That does it for Lindholm pretty sure. Instant best pair in the league with Lindholm-Petry ?
A horrific overpayment for a 30 point defensemen with an injury history sheet a mile long

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
A horrific overpayment for a 30 point defensemen with an injury history sheet a mile long
So I take it you haven't watched much of Hampus Lindholm career ? Lmao. A 30 points D with injury history...

Just one of the best ES defenseman in the league, nothing to see here, clearly an overpayment.. Maybe Guhle can sniff his jockstrap one day, lmao.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Don't think anyone was saying Toffoli to the Habs. I think most were predicting Hoffman.

Lots of people, myself included, were predicting Bergevin to go after Toffoli strongly since he had reportedly been very interested in him in the past. Whether Toffoli would want to come here was a different story. But not a very surprising signing at all.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
So I take it you haven't watched much of Hampus Lindholm career ? Lmao. A 30 points D with injury history...

Just one of the best ES defenseman in the league, nothing to see here, clearly an overpayment.. Maybe Guhle can sniff his jockstrap one day, lmao.
What's his point totals year over year? Why has he missed so many games in his career....spa days, manicures?

There's no problem trying to upgrade, we all want that, but when people go full Nick Cage on their trade proposals, they have to called out on it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What's his point totals year over year? Why has he missed so many games in his career....spa days, manicures?

There's no problem trying to upgrade, we all want that, but when people go full Nick Cage on their trade proposals, they have to called out on it.

Obviously if you don't know anything about Lindholm and jsut watch his stats page, he may look underwhelming.

By now you should know I know my stuff though, Lindholm is a 25 +ES pts D, thats top pair D production. The fact he plays second PP shouldn't take away from his value, anyway we don't need a PP defenseman, we need an ES minutes munching monster. Which is exactly what Lindholm is.

He's also as injury prone as Markov was. Freak incidents doesn't mean you are prone to injuries.

There's also the fact he's been playing on a bottom feeder devoid of all talent for almost half a decade now, but hey what ever, you are clearly an expert on the matter.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Obviously if you don't know anything about Lindholm and jsut watch his stats page, he may look underwhelming.

By now you should know I know my stuff though, Lindholm is a 25 +ES pts D, thats top pair D production. The fact he plays second PP shouldn't take away from his value, anyway we don't need a PP defenseman, we need an ES minutes munching monster. Which is exactly what Lindholm is.

He's also as injury prone as Markov was. Freak incidents doesn't mean you are prone to injuries.

There's also the fact he's been playing on a bottom feeder devoid of all talent for almost half a decade now, but hey what ever, you are clearly an expert on the matter.
A 25 point D man, who has only played 80% of his total games in 8 years. Has 1 year left on his deal. There's no way I'd give 2 1st's, a top 4 Defenceman and Mete like you are suggesting.

That deal is just not smart management imo....and shocking, he's out for 6 weeks with another injury. So maybe you don't know as much as you tell us you do. He's a decent enough player, just not as good as what you're offering to acquire him.

Last edited:

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

Ya I would take Lindholm in a heartbeat. I don't really know the nature of his injuries but I suspect the price would be a high for him. He's only 27 years old, 6'3, good skater that can move and carry the puck, log a lot of minutes, play in any situation. It would be like having another Petry in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad