Proposal: Trade Thread #63

Status
Not open for further replies.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Maybe we could move Weber to Nashville so they can LTIR eventually to escape recapture.

I think at some point we need to discuss moving him and as much as it hurts me to say it Price as well.

Reactions: puckeater

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Maybe we could move Weber to Nashville so they can LTIR eventually to escape recapture.

I think at some point we need to discuss moving him and as much as it hurts me to say it Price as well.

I think if the Habs does nothing interesting this years or next, Weber is traded to Nashville in 2022 to finish his career there and prevent Nashville from getting the recapture thing.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think if the Habs does nothing interesting this years or next, Weber is traded to Nashville in 2022 to finish his career there and prevent Nashville from getting the recapture thing.
i think recapture isn't a thing anymore after the last CBA.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009

Play Weber on a 2nd pairing 20minutes a night and he will be alright. I would shop Price big time tho, i am not a hater, just not a believer in the strategy of paying 10.5M for a goalie.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
i think recapture isn't a thing anymore after the last CBA.

It is, just not as bad as it use to be.

With the NHL and NHLPA agreeing to extend the CBA earlier this week, they have also amended this cap recapture penalty.

The change to the rule would not have helped Vancouver at all, but it simply spreads out what could have been an enormous single season penalty over a few years. Basically, a penalty can not be larger than the player’s cap hit was.

So, if Weber were to retire after the 2024-25 season, the Predators would still be hit with a $24.5 million dollar penalty. However, instead of having to tear apart their core to clear that kind of money for one year, they can spread it out over four seasons, with the largest penalty in a given year the same as Weber’s current cap hit.

Montreal Canadiens: Shea Weber’s Potential Cap Recapture Penalty Amended For Nashville Predators

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Would anybody be on board with an Caufield vs Filip Forsberg (extended) kind of deal?
I like Forsberg because I think he has untapped potential in being converted to C - like Bergeron he’s a natural C whose been playing W and is defensively aware. Let me be clear not saying Forsberg would reach Bergeron level.

To answer the question: in a non-pandemic environment it might cost Caufield, but CDN teams have leverage in this marketplace I’d offer up a signed Danault + one of the D prospects max...no CC

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Only one trade could happen soon IMO.. Which is one involving another Canadian team.

(MTL) Drouin + Kulak + Poehling <-> (CGY) Hanifin + Bennett

Then I'd trade Danault at the trade deadline...

(MTL) Danault (signed) + Chariot + 1st round pick 2021 <-> (SJ) Meier

Toffoli - Suzuki - Anderson
Caufield - KK - Meier
Tatar - Bennett - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Evans - Armia

Romanov - Weber
Hanifin - Petry
Edmundson - Fleury

Last edited:

HughesNation

Jan 20, 2021
Only one trade could happen soon IMO.. Which is one involving another Canadian team.

(MTL) Drouin + Kulak + Poehling <-> (CGY) Hanifin + Bennett

(MTL) Danault (signed) + Chariot + 2nd round pick 2021 <-> (NYR) Buchnevich

Toffoli - Suzuki - Anderson
Caufield - KK - Buchnevich
Tatar - Bennett - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Evans - Armia

Romanov - Weber
Hanifin - Petry
Edmundson - Fleury
Thank god you're not actually the Habs GM, this is Chiarelli level of bad.

Reactions: Habsrule

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I like Forsberg because I think he has untapped potential in being converted to C - like Bergeron he’s a natural C whose been playing W and is defensively aware. Let me be clear not saying Forsberg would reach Bergeron level.

To answer the question: in a non-pandemic environment it might cost Caufield, but CDN teams have leverage in this marketplace I’d offer up a signed Danault + one of the D prospects max...no CC

I'm sure if he was able to play centre, the Preds would have used him there. They have among the worst centre depth in the league, perhaps only ahead of Arizona and Columbus. 26 years old might be too old to teach that dog new tricks.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Yep I hope MB is on the phone with Poile to look for a deal for Ekholm or Forsberg (Or both but I think the price will be to step for both)
God Forsberg would look good with us, if only we were ever in position to draft these kind of players :sarcasm:

Reactions: Vachon23

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Thank god you're not actually the Habs GM, this is Chiarelli level of bad.

My pleasure!

My first draft was more like this:

MTL) Drouin + Kulak + Poehling <-> (CGY) Hanifin + Bennett

(MTL) Danault (signed) + Chariot + 1st round pick 2021 <-> (SJ) Meier

But I thought the trade with SJ was playstation-like.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

Why ? We need top 6 LW, Forsberg would be perfect... But still lacking a franchise player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad