Proposal: Trade Thread #63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Honestly there's so many good targets right now that Ill be really mad if Bergevin doesn't move.

Forsberg, Lindholm, Ekholm, Rakell, Bennett, Murray, Pearson need one forward and one defender, at the very least.

Id be interested in seeing a Danault/Staal swap.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
According to NHL insider Dave Pagnotta of the Fourth Period, it could be considered steep.
Pagnotta reports that the Preds will likely be looking for a package similar to what the Los Angeles Kings got from the Toronto Maple Leafs for Jake Muzzin back in 2019 which was a first round pick, forward Carl Grundstrom and the rights to defenseman Sean Durzi.
The NHL insider makes it clear that any deal for Ekholm will certainly have to have a first round pick included.
Ekholm doesn't have any trade protection and has one more year on a deal that carries a $3.75million cap hit next year. The Canadiens have their first round pick and plenty of prospects at every position to get it done and maybe even include Victor Mete.

That’s not steep at all. Everyone pointed to the Muzzin trade as a comparison. I’d easily do it.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Wish it was a rope though

OOe.gif

For Bergevin or Chairot??...asking for a friend...:laugh:

Reactions: angusyoung

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Honestly there's so many good targets right now that Ill be really mad if Bergevin doesn't move.

Forsberg, Lindholm, Ekholm, Rakell, Bennett, Murray, Pearson need one forward and one defender, at the very least.

Id be interested in seeing a Danault/Staal swap.
I've read Lindholm and Forsberg are not really on market. Ekholm, Bennett, Hanafin, Pearson all seem like good fits.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
could we go after Montour in free agency. Good LD, young, reasonable cap hit, can run powerplay

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well there you go @Kriss E ....did I not tell you just a few days ago that Domi will find himself on another team before the end of his contract....now you know why they got rid of him....despite all his talent, he’s a freggin liability.

I never argued against that, my point is just because a player is a headcase doesn't mean we did everything right.
Subban was a headcase too apparently, Therrien still handled him very bizarrely at times.

Reactions: jaffy27

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
With salaries not being pro-rated in this shortened season I expect the escrow balance to be massive after this season. The salary cap can’t go up a lot until that is paid off. How long until that happens is the question. I’ll be interest in seeing the tv deals that will go a long way to increasing revenue and helping to pay down escrow quicker.

With NHL Center Ice now gonzo, increasing the revenue base to all the streamers, combined with Seattle revenue being pumped into the system, I expect cap will skyrocket to $95M once the freeze is lifted...

Eichel, Price, Weber taking up $30M of cap won’t be an issue whatsoever....it’s time to pony up with an unmatchable package:

Suzuki + Caufield + Guhle + 1st + Tatar (cap)

Last edited:

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
With NHL Center Ice now gonzo, increasing the revenue base to all the streamers, combined with Seattle revenue being pumped into the system, I expect cap will skyrocket to $95M once the freeze is lifted...

Eichel, Price, Weber taking up $30M of cap won’t be an issue whatsoever....it’s time to pony up with an unmatchable package:

Suzuki + Caufield + Guhle + 1st + Tatar (cap)

And @SterlingArcher found the following info which is in the out of town thread.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
Whose giving him more tho? Especially during the flat cap era? He screwed himself by not taking our original offer. I wouldn’t offer him a dime over $3.75 million/4 years. If he doesn’t like that, he can’t get lost.
what team is paying danault 4 million after this season? probably a short list of teams, let them take him , habs should take that money and go after a better player, at any position . myself i would trade danault asap.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad