KK or Suzy in a trade for PLD?

• Jesperi Kotkaniemi

• Nick Suzuki

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
According to Canadiens insider Eric Engels, there might be one final piece of the puzzle left.
Engels speculates that the Canadiens are likely still interested in signing veteran forward Corey Perry.
The gritty former 50 goal scorer would be the perfect fit on the Canadiens bottom six and bring some great playoff experience along with the play that could be needed for an all Canadian division.
Perry signed a one year deal with the Dallas Stars last year which carried a $1.5million cap hit.
Engels believes that the Canadiens would like to sign him to a one year $1million deal which includes all the maximum performance bonuses.
I’d love to have Perry on the 4th line and PP. He’s a nasty piece of business and was great in the playoffs.

Reactions: Vachon23

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
According to Canadiens insider Eric Engels, there might be one final piece of the puzzle left.
Engels speculates that the Canadiens are likely still interested in signing veteran forward Corey Perry.
The gritty former 50 goal scorer would be the perfect fit on the Canadiens bottom six and bring some great playoff experience along with the play that could be needed for an all Canadian division.
Perry signed a one year deal with the Dallas Stars last year which carried a $1.5million cap hit.
Engels believes that the Canadiens would like to sign him to a one year $1million deal which includes all the maximum performance bonuses.

Where's the article ?

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I can't see Julien and Bergevin taking Byron, Lehkonen, or Armia out of the top 12 for Perry. Can you?

Only piece I could see adding is a vet 4c - and then having Evans start in Laval, not the press box, as he's waiver exempt. But it would seem to me, management will give Evans a shot at 4c, and would consider it denying an NHL ready player an NHL spot not to.

Reactions: Runner77

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I don't think they can move out drouin without taking a big contract back. They might be able to deal Byron, or maybe move on from Drouin by attaching a pick so that seattle takes him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bet you every team's fanbase is thinking the same thing. "We can get Seattle to take player X off our hands."

At some point, someone is going to have to overpay. Seattle is not going to relish being collectors of unwanted players without solid compensation and many teams will be left in the dust on account of a sheer numbers game. It's just not realistic for every team to be able to get rid of their undesirables.

Hence, not holding my hopes up on this as an option.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
JD is a rusty old anchor that no one wants, MB made a bad deal. I bet every morning he stares in the mirror, with his gelled up hair, and wonders what the H was I thinking.

Maybe put him on Kijiji, might get a bite

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Click bait rumor. Perry fits the Habs but do we fit Perry? Put yourself in his shoes... He's looking for a open top 9 spot and even if we trade Byron, does Perry sign with us knowing he likely plays 4th line? I think he picks another team with a open top 9 spot... especially if he signs for a low AAV for one year.

Maybe he considers the Habs if he can't find a potential open top 9 spot with any other team. That's where my mind is at with this potential idea of Perry joining the Habs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's at the end of his career if he thinks the Habs are a playoff team, why not?

Perry is looking for a potential open top 9 spot he can earn in camp. Not sure the Habs can provide that for him. If we move Byron for futures or cap dump deal, we have a 4th line open spot. I think other teams with less depth will be more attractive for the Ontario boy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Toffoli and Cammy are the only two Ontario boys that come to my mind that picked the Habs as UFA's. I'm sure there are others that signed but Perry types? Perry to me sounds like a good fit but from the Habs perspective. Does Perry see it the same when he looks at out winger depth? Who does Perry feel he can steal a job away from on the RW side? Don't want to be overly negative but I'll be surprised he picks the Habs over other teams that can offer him a better fit in terms of a potential open spot.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Meh. i don't think Drouin is that bad of a player. I agree we should've never traded Sergachev for him but and he is a disappointment. But if we objectively look at the actual situation, his production is almost on par with his contract. I think he should be making 4,5-5M$ a season. And again, we are in Mtl. alot of player are overpaid due to our situation (medias, climate, culture, etc).

So i don't think it is that bad. He is still a top 6 forward who does well in the playoffs.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Click bait rumor. Perry fits the Habs but do we fit Perry? Put yourself in his shoes... He's looking for a open top 9 spot and even if we trade Byron, does Perry sign with us knowing he likely plays 4th line? I think he picks another team with a open top 9 spot... especially if he signs for a low AAV for one year.

Maybe he considers the Habs if he can't find a potential open top 9 spot with any other team. That's where my mind is at with this potential idea of Perry joining the Habs

TLTQ is that you? Lol.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
They are obviously going for it, whether or not that's a good idea is a totally different question

Has totally went All-In to try and make the playoffs. From there, just ask Bergevin and he'll tell you anything can happen. :)

More seriously, he has built a team in Julien's image believing in the manner by which Julien last won a Cup win the Bruins. It's a legitimate attempt at doing it (successful or not) -- building a team Julien asked for -- and nothing like adding Ott, Martinsen and King types to fill the order.

If Montreal goes far in the playoffs -- conference final -- in the next year or two with this core he's a better coach than I give him credit for, even of it just means he had the eye to call the makeup of a team needed to excel in the playoffs (because I think that the team will definitely still perform in spite of having Julien as a head coach).

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
A move that we could maybe make to save money is trade Kulak for a pick and sign Ron Hainsey at the league minimum. Hainsey is able to play both side and he played well with young defensemen in the past year (Chabot, Rielly and Brannstrom) so he could play on the 3rd pair with Romanov and save 1m on the cap this year and 1.7 next year

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille